Legend of Lu Bu (a LoCC mod) Translation--Final Version

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:19 am

Here's the first installment of many sleepless nights:

http://kongming.net/ladywu/lolb.rar

Be forewarned. The battles are hard. The first two are relatively easy, but they get exponentially harder with each stage. Or something like that. It's not for the faint of heart. It is highly advisable to play through Legend of Cao Cao at least once before you touch this beast, or you will go down in flames.

That file has the full LoLB in it, but only the first 4 battles translated. They might keep you busy for a while, though!

Installation notes:

- Make a clean installation of LoCC (you may use the one on KMA. Un-RAR (?) into a new folder).

- Unzip the contents of lolb.rar into that new folder, overwriting the existing files.

- Start new game (if you attempt to load a pre-existing save, things will get pretty funky).

Your work: I want to know about typos, textual errors, text that I missed in the translation, bugs, display errors or boxes that don't display nicely, cut-off bits of text, etc. When posting a bug report, please be specific about the stage and round # if it's in a battle, and the location information if it's during the story.

---

Here are some screenshots. Because I love screenshots.

Place your bets!

Hua Xiong's last battle:

Xiahou Yuan picks on Hou Cheng:

Lu Bu makes his heart known:

Yes!! She loves him too!

No screenshot collection is complete without a shot of Yuan Shu:

...or two:

In which Wei Xu takes charge:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:08 pm

This is just a guess but I think Yuan Shu is angry.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:25 pm

Ranbir wrote:This is just a guess but I think Yuan Shu is angry.

Why, what made you think that?
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Ranbir » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Interesting theory on the Lu Bu defection!
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby ZhouTai50 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:24 pm

Hmm, when I try to play it, my Lu Bu has Cao Cao's face, and Cao Cao has Lu Bu's. Is it just me, or is everyone else experiencing this as well?

EDIT: I also am unable to gain any experience in battle. Oh, and I start at Level 40. Is that supposed to happen?
ZhouTai50
Sage

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:22 pm

ZhouTai50 wrote:Hmm, when I try to play it, my Lu Bu has Cao Cao's face, and Cao Cao has Lu Bu's. Is it just me, or is everyone else experiencing this as well?

Did you copy all the new files over the old ones? In particular, data.e5 (that controls who has whose face)?

I'll try the package on a fresh install myself and see if I can replicate the issue. Thanks for letting me know

EDIT: I also am unable to gain any experience in battle. Oh, and I start at Level 40. Is that supposed to happen?

Yes. No experience/level gains in this game. All playable characters are topped at level 40 and you start out with the top level gear (no item level gains). You can't buy/sell weapons and armour, either, but there are still special items that are dropped in battle.

PS: ROFL you're right! Lu Bu does show up with Cao Cao's face. :shock: Gonna try posting the files again...
Lady Wu

Unread postby Ocelot » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:36 pm

I was just waiting for the screenies of Diao Chan. If I can figure out how to get it running, I'll probably check it out when I get home from work.
Traveling forward in time at the rate of one second per second... relatively speaking.
Ocelot
Apprentice

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:48 pm

That'll teach me for trying to upload stuff at 3am.

I missed a bunch of files. >_>

If you have downloaded lolb.rar before the date of this post, please download http://kongming.net/ladywu/patch1.rar .

I've also uploaded a new lolb.rar, so if you haven't downloaded the file yet, you can download the file from the link I posted above and it'll contain all the files (or it should, anyway...)

Sorry! :oops:

PS: You can't buy seals for promoting your units either. The only way to get them is by satisfying certain requirements during the battle---in the stages where you can get a seal, you'll see a message box at the beginning of the battle telling you how to get it. Use them wisely.

Also, unlike in LoCC, you can't lose any of your units in battle or you lose the game. Make sure you check the victory conditions (look at the "To Win:" window under "Options" or click on the icon on the top bar).

Beans heal for 80, and Rice for 200. The only status-curing item is Cure-alls. You only get a small amount of gold after each battle (unlike in LoCC, where I often end up with way more money than I could spend), so spend it wisely.
Lady Wu

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:08 am

In which Dong Zhuo suffers from a serious case of "doesn't-get-it-itis":

Cao Ang reveals that he's Klingon:

---

Edit: Battles 4-7: http://kongming.net/ladywu/4-7.rar (plus various bug fixes)

Bonus screenshot: Zang Ba and his motto:
Lady Wu

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:20 am

In which Lady Wu is having too much fun with this:

This is when you start game: (Image shamelessly stolen from DW4)

This is when you quit game:

Those interested can download the file here. Unzip it into your LoLB folder and overwrite the old logo.e5

I've updated the top post in this thread to include all the available files for download.
Lady Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games