Most Random 3k Game Ever?

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Most Random 3k Game Ever?

Unread postby Jordan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:35 am

What do you get when you combine the Three Kingdoms era with Bomberman? Gameee Online!

http://gameee.mycnx.com/

Storyline: God feels sorry for the people who suffered during the Three Kingdoms era, so he empowered great heroes with 'ultimate bombing abilities.' The greatest bomber can become the new ruler of China during the Three Kingdoms.

Randomness+Three Kingdoms=Slick Loves It.

I'm downloading it right now. >:)
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:44 am

Hmm, looks interesting, but when I tried to download I got a weird download window.
Now if I were smart I wouldn't download it because of that....but no one ever said -I- was smart!

Finally my dreams of blowing up China in the 3rd(?) century have come true!

Edit: Uhh, why does it want my ID?
Now it's really disturbing me.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:01 am

Adam Sisemore wrote:Hmm, looks interesting, but when I tried to download I got a weird download window.
Now if I were smart I wouldn't download it because of that....but no one ever said -I- was smart!

It's an online game, so you need an ID to log in...

This *is* random enough to give the good ol' Sango Fighters a run for its money. Though I'd also suggest Jan-Sangoku Musou as another interestingly random title. Basically you've got DW characters playing mahjong (note: real Asian mahjong is a strategy game involving 4 players, where you try to collect tiles to make certain patterns for points. It's sort of like a badass, grownup version of rummy). Apparently they yell their DW lines when they make a combo, win, lose, etc. etc.

Some time I should also find my copy of the Legend of Zhao Yun. The gameplay (it's an RPG) isn't too random, but the storyline is. The main boss (easily the hardest boss I've fought in all the games I've played) is... Xiahou Mao! (I'm not kidding you!)
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Adam » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:13 am

Lady Wu wrote:It's an online game, so you need an ID to log in...

I've never had to give a number offa my ID before just to get an account for anything (especially a beta test), besides no such number exists on a regular ID card in the US.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:51 am

Lady Wu wrote:
Adam Sisemore wrote:Hmm, looks interesting, but when I tried to download I got a weird download window.

It's an online game, so you need an ID to log in...

This *is* random enough to give the good ol' Sango Fighters a run for its money. Though I'd also suggest Jan-Sangoku Musou as another interestingly random title. Basically you've got DW characters playing mahjong (note: real Asian mahjong is a strategy game involving 4 players, where you try to collect tiles to make certain patterns for points. It's sort of like a badass, grownup version of rummy). Apparently they yell their DW lines when they make a combo, win, lose, etc. etc.

Some time I should also find my copy of the Legend of Zhao Yun. The gameplay (it's an RPG) isn't too random, but the storyline is. The main boss (easily the hardest boss I've fought in all the games I've played) is... Xiahou Mao! (I'm not kidding you!)

Get this game to Xiahou Mao, stat!
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:58 am

Sun Gongli wrote:
Lady Wu wrote:Some time I should also find my copy of the Legend of Zhao Yun. The gameplay (it's an RPG) isn't too random, but the storyline is. The main boss (easily the hardest boss I've fought in all the games I've played) is... Xiahou Mao! (I'm not kidding you!)

Get this game to Xiahou Mao, stat!

The storyline is basically like this. When Zhao Yun was little, he had a classmate called Xiahou Lan. They were really good friends and studied really hard under this Taoist/Kung Fu Master dude. However, Xiahou Lan eventually ended up working for Cao Cao while Zhao Yun ended up in Liu Bei's camp.

When Xiahou Yuan (or was it Dun? I forget) found out about Xiahou Lan's relationship with Zhao Yun, he forced Xiahou Lan to go talk Zhao Yun into defecting to Wei. However, fearing that Xiahou Lan would go over to Liu Bei instead, Yuan kept Lan's only son, the 1-year-old Xiahou Mao, behind as hostage. Xiahou Lan and his wife could not carry out their orders with full conscience, and so they both committed suicide.

Back in Wei, Xiahou Dun (or was it Yuan? I forget) became quite attached to the little Xiahou Mao, who was cute as hell and really smart. Dun decided to adopt Mao. The whole thing was kept a secret, and no one knew of Xiahou Mao's real parentage.

Years later, Xiahou Mao grew into a handsome and able general (IIRC he knew some magic in the game, as well). Upon Xiahou Dun's death, Mao found out that his parents died because of Zhao Yun (but he didn't know the details). Thereupon, he swore vengeance and became hell-bent in killing Zhao Yun.

At one point, he even managed to kidnap Zhao Yun's wife (aka Ma Chao's sister, hah!). It was only with the help of his teacher's magic was Zhao Yun reunited with her.

The last battle (in Xuchang) is a b***h because Xiahou Mao is protected by guards that are impervious to most of Zhao Yun's special attacks. I'm pretty sure they respawn as well. Xiahou Mao's life bar is hella long, too, and he's got special attacks that freeze you and do nasty stuff like that. :P
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:08 am

Oh yes the bomber man game
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Starshine » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:12 am

Was the Zhao Yun game called 三国赵云传? Or something like that, I saw it when I was in China, but decided not to buy it because it was too weird :lol:
Starshine
Initiate

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:02 pm

Starshine wrote:Was the Zhao Yun game called 三国赵云传? Or something like that, I saw it when I was in China, but decided not to buy it because it was too weird :lol:

Yeah!

Actually, I only have the sequel. I had to do a bit of research to get the first part of the story.

The background graphics are really beautiful, though. And there are some good music tracks, some that are still on my playlist. I believe the first 三国赵云传 comes with a Zhao Yun rap in Chinese.

---------
PS: I finally found the lyrics to that song! After years of searching for it online... (if you think English rap lyrics are hard to figure out... Chinese is worse since all the tones are screwed up... plus there are all these archaic phrases thrown in as well... :P Like, I would never have guessed the "显峥嵘"...)

Taken from here

古老的三国有条龙,他的名字叫做赵子龙。
古老的三国有条龙,他的名字叫做赵子龙。
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

生在常山出江湖,一出天下皆闻名。
白袍铁枪白战马,无人能敌无人抵。
初出身手战群匪,卧牛山上展头角,
再施身手救公孙,斩击文丑显峥嵘。

穿山越水新局起,再起英杰新契机。
跟随使君踏铁蹄,三国常胜军赵云。
七进七出为救主,长板坡前逞英豪,
截船断江寻阿斗,江东英豪皆震动!

三国武将第一人,龙越云端谁能阻,
今日在此显神威,子龙骁勇今朝传!

三国武将第一人,龙越云端谁能阻,
今日在此显神威,子龙骁勇今朝传!

蜀汉武将一身胆,辅佐刘备兴汉室,
浑身是胆赵子龙,英勇事迹讲不完。
热血豪迈尽忠义,有节有守有原则,
好个胆识白袍将,就是任侠新风范!

三国武将第一人,龙越云端谁能阻,
今日在此显神威,子龙骁勇今朝传!

三国武将第一人,龙越云端谁能阻,
今日在此显神威,子龙骁勇今朝传!

生在常山出江湖,一出天下皆闻名。
白袍铁枪白战马,无人能敌无人抵。
初出身手战群匪,卧牛山上展头角,
再施身手救公孙,斩击文丑显峥嵘。

蜀汉武将一身胆,辅佐刘备兴汉室,
浑身是胆赵子龙,英勇事迹讲不完,
热血豪迈尽忠义,有节有守有原则,
好个胆识白袍将,就是任侠新风范!

三国武将第一人,龙越云端谁能阻,
今日在此显神威,子龙骁勇今朝传!

[Repeat til end]
Lady Wu

Unread postby Starshine » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:51 pm

There is even a rap for Zhao Yun?! I'm not a fan of rap but it would be interesting to hear that :lol:

Looks like I should have bought that game afterall, for amusement value alone.
Starshine
Initiate

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games