Dynasty Tactics: Discussion Thread

Discussion of other Three Kingdoms games (e.g. Destiny of an Emperor and Dynasty Tactics) and other games by Koei (e.g. Samurai Warriors).

Do you recommend Koei’s Dynasty Tactics?

Yes
88%
No
No votes
Unsure
No votes
Never Played It…
13%

Total votes : 24

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:34 pm

I suppose that you guys are right. DT2 is a bit more linear. What I like about DT2 though is I don't mind that it's linear. This is because in addition to whatever mission you "must" do, you "can" also do a bunch of other things. For instance if you go down one path with Sun Ce, you have the option to defeat Zhang Lu and Ma Teng before you defeat Liu Bei. At the very beginning of Cao Cao's story you can defeat Li Jue before you attack Lu Bu. I think that DT2 is fun with every character except for Cao Cao. In Dynasty Tactics 1 I thought Cao Cao was the most fun to play with because his generals were significantly stronger, wiser or better overall. (Guo Jia, Xiahou Dun, etc.) In DT1 I also found that it was very easy to get new generals for Cao Cao. I managed to somehow get Zhao Yun and one time I captured Zhang He when fighting Yuan Shao! I think I liked DT2 a lot better. I especially liked the level up system, the graphical improvements and the ability to form bigger armies! (Especially the last one! In DT1 it was frustrating as hell to only have 4 general armies marching all over the place)
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby brigadier liao hua » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:56 pm

I like DT1 because i love to capture almost every officer in the opposing army and hire them without question, so that the enemy force has little officers at the end
brigadier liao hua
Langzhong

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:09 pm

brigadier liao hua wrote:I like DT1 because i love to capture almost every officer in the opposing army and hire them without question, so that the enemy force has little officers at the end

Oh yeah I liked that too. In DT2 it was annoying how you had to release them if they didn't join.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:01 pm

SlickSlicer wrote:
brigadier liao hua wrote:I like DT1 because i love to capture almost every officer in the opposing army and hire them without question, so that the enemy force has little officers at the end

Oh yeah I liked that too. In DT2 it was annoying how you had to release them if they didn't join.

Mi Fang, Cao Bao, and a few others join on the first try though.
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby jibberandtwitch » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:12 am

is it just me or does cao bao seem a bit of a wimp in the game, allways defecting without question, and whenever he helps train someone, it's always, 'i suppose i have no choice' how did he ever get to be a general!!??
jibberandtwitch
Tyro

Unread postby HuangTi » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:49 pm

jibberandtwitch wrote:is it just me or does cao bao seem a bit of a wimp in the game, allways defecting without question, and whenever he helps train someone, it's always, 'i suppose i have no choice' how did he ever get to be a general!!??

right place at the right time I suppose
The Yellow Emperor
HuangTi
Tyro

Unread postby MarvelousLingTong!!!!!! » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:01 pm

He worked for Tao Qian who had people like Zhang Kai, Ze Rong, Mi Zhu, Mi Fang, and Sun Qian. In anotherwards looks like he used anyone he got. Maybe it could also be because he is LU Bu's uncle.
"Nooooooooo hot sexy wife!!!" - Martin Schean
MarvelousLingTong!!!!!!
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby HuangTi » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:33 pm

Sun Ce's ability(can't remember how it's spelled) the Conqeror. That's a dangerous mode to be against. Does anybody other than him have it?
The Yellow Emperor
HuangTi
Tyro

Unread postby Shield of Rohan » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:40 pm

What's dangerous is DT1 + Horse Archers + Ma Chao + Morale. Infinite volleys is a lethal weapon.

In DT1 I could never finish a game as Wu. They were so deficient in push-and-shove tactics that it simply became too bothersome.
"I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded, what others do only from fear of the law." -Aristotle
Shield of Rohan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby zhangliao100 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:21 pm

i think dt was much better then dt2.
the baracks was one of the worse parts i hated it and dt2 was more complicated
zhangliao100
Master

PreviousNext

Return to Other Three Kingdoms and Koei Games