Your Favorite Season

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

What's your favorite season?

Spring
25%
Summer
24%
Fall
25%
Winter
26%

Total votes : 165

Unread postby Frank » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:14 pm

Same goes for me, I love winter, but it doesn't snow in Florida. I am from New Jersey and have been in snow plenty of times. But I mostly like it because it only gets, like, in low 70's, a rather average Autumn day in Jersey. It's funny to see these Floridians go, "Oh, my God! They say it's like 75 degrees outside! Oh, no!" And, plus, Christmas and New Years and Hanukah and Winter Break for about 3 weeks sounds good to me!
/b/lackup has arrived.
Frank
Florida’s Finest

Unread postby quietripples » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:49 am

big fan of autumn, it's a very cool season. i prefer the falling brown leaves that lift me closer to the sky than the towering leaves on high tree branches laughing at my ignorant sense of beauty :)
quietripples
Initiate

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:10 am

Prime Minister Cao wrote:Same goes for me, I love winter, but it doesn't snow in Florida. I am from New Jersey and have been in snow plenty of times. But I mostly like it because it only gets, like, in low 70's, a rather average Autumn day in Jersey. It's funny to see these Floridians go, "Oh, my God! They say it's like 75 degrees outside! Oh, no!" And, plus, Christmas and New Years and Hanukah and Winter Break for about 3 weeks sounds good to me!

You would like Alaska. It's winter half the year. And excluding the past couple of years' irregular weather, 75 degrees is a heat wave in summer. :lol: Except in Fairbanks.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Frank » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:29 am

Ah... Alaska... sounds good to me! Anything will beat Florida. Filled with old people, all they want to do is play bingo... so much bingo... they drive so slowly... soooo slowly...
/b/lackup has arrived.
Frank
Florida’s Finest

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:11 am

Prime Minister Cao wrote:Ah... Alaska... sounds good to me! Anything will beat Florida. Filled with old people, all they want to do is play bingo... so much bingo... they drive so slowly... soooo slowly...

We're going there during Christmas break. I guess that I'm glad that we aren't going to be the ones driving the shuttles.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby WeiTreize » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:24 pm

I like spring the best it is where every thing is comeing up plus I do not like the cold winters.
"A single death is a tragedy;A million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin 1945
WeiTreize
Academic

Unread postby Zhuge-Liang » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:29 pm

Winter. It is easier to deal with the weather in winter than in summer because if it is ver cold, one would put on warm clothes, such as scarf, coat, and etc. But if it is very hot, one wouldn't be able to do anything except enduring the temperature. But of course these apply only when one goes out on the street, because the temperature is perfectly fine at home (thanks to the advanced technology of heating machine and air conditioner).
Zhuge-Liang
Apprentice

Unread postby Shield of Rohan » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:42 pm

Agreed. For some reason, I simply have a much greater tolerance for cold weather than warm. I live in Atlanta, and for the first time this year we've got to 80F. Plus, its humid, and I was outside for the majority of the day. No fun really. Now, it would have been much nicer if it was 60F with a breeze. And certainly tolerable for extended periods so long as it was above 40F.

Foggy/drizzly/rainy and especially misty-overcast days are the norm here in winter, and quite honestly I love that weather :) . Sunny, humid summer days are terrible unless I'm in a pool.
"I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded, what others do only from fear of the law." -Aristotle
Shield of Rohan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Yue_Clover » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:29 am

Definitely Spring, cause it's so green with a lot of flowers blooming.... ;__;
::starting to see butterfly dancing around::
我開始想認真細心裝扮, 我回台上終於輪我上場
Yue_Clover
Apprentice

Unread postby Riding Red Hare » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:03 am

I hate the cold! that's why i vote fer summer.

I used to live in brunei darussalam (that's in south-east asia) even though i'm an aussie, and i loved it there (and it was summer all year round!), so many memories...
But now i'm back in australia dammit, and it's winter!

And i'd choose autumn as a second, cause that's when my birthday is! Plus it's good fer the scenery.
The worst foe lies within the self.
-Parasite Eve.
Riding Red Hare
Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads