What brought you into the ROTK world?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Well?

The novel itself
7%
The Dynasty Warriors series
51%
The Kessen series
2%
The ROTK game series
19%
The television series
1%
This forum
2%
I'm Chinese, so its my nation's history
8%
Any other way?
9%

Total votes : 243

Unread postby Xiahou Jian » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:26 pm

Long time ago, at a friends house, we went to block buster and saw the new "Dynasty Warriors 2". My friends brother said it was a game about Japan and its history. I didn't look at the artwork or case; we just got it. Later, after playing it, I scolded the fool and said it was China. I was hooked. Later in time, DW3 came out. And after playing that for a while, I got the book. Then, later I found out about the RoTK series. I was hooked once again.

Sure, Roman history and battles can be neat, and Japanese history of the Warring States is,too. But the warring states of China in RoTK really is the most interesting of history and military affairs to me.
The most annoying phrase: "Another army?"
Yes, you idiot....
Xiahou Jian
Initiate

Unread postby Zhuge Zhao » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:24 am

Probably because I carried the surname Zhuge and it is my country's national heritage.
Zhuge Zhao
Sage

Unread postby Ts'aoist » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:15 am

A long long time ago I played Romance of the Three Kingdoms with my friends from elementary school. The first RTK game, that is. I also played Destiny of an Emperor, but I don't remember if I thought the two games were related somehow...
The ancient adepts of Wei were subtle and flexible, profound and comprehensive.
Their minds were too deep to be fathomed.
Ts'ao Te Ching, Ch. 15
Ts'aoist
Master

Unread postby Equinox » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:31 pm

I inherited my brother-in-law's PS2, complete with several games, including Dynasty Warriors 3 and Dynasty Tactics. They are gifts that keep giving, to say the least. Though my father had told me about the Three Kingdoms period in the past, and read several stories to my sister and I, I had a hard time remembering who was who and where everything was, but playing the games I instantly grew more and more interested, as well as began reading for myself, the novel and the history surrounding it. So thanks Koei, for stimulating an interest I never knew was there, and enabling me to find thsi community in the process!
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhang Ren of Shu » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:25 pm

I found it out through Dynasty Warriors 2. Right when we got our PS2, we got it because we hadnt played a good fighting game for a long long time.
Hey..... I havent posted for...... a month and a bit..... well hopfully I'm back....
Zhang Ren of Shu
Master

Location: In a room full of soft objects..... very soft objects....

Unread postby Frank » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:40 am

I was brought into it by my sister's boyfriend, Richard, and DW3. He said he had a game that he thought was the coolest acion game he's ever played(Talking about DW3.). At first, I was skeptical, but then I played it... well, the rest is history. Let's just say it involves countless other gaming series and 3 internet forums.
/b/lackup has arrived.
Frank
Florida’s Finest

Unread postby WeiTreize » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:28 pm

The book ROTK book then dynasty warriors and it has been sweet.
"A single death is a tragedy;A million deaths is a statistic."
-Joseph Stalin 1945
WeiTreize
Academic

Unread postby Shiyuan » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:54 pm

I started getting involved in ROTK thanks to Dynasty Warriors. It's pretty funny how a video game changed my life (well...not exactly).
Attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the true pinnalce of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without the use of force is the true pinnalce of excellence.

-Sun Tzu
Shiyuan
Assistant

Unread postby Big J » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:23 am

I got in to ROTK via DW3, why do i have to be so mainstream? :lol: I aint mainstream whatsoever
Big J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sean » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:06 am

My friend had told me that DW was based on actual Chinese history, so that's when I became "attracted" to the ROTK world. But the main reason isn't behind playing DW; it's the history of my nation.
#sosz @ irc.lunarnet.org
Open 24/7 for discussion. [Please take time zones into consideration.]
Sean
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads