Who do you like to play as most?

Koei’s Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series—discuss it here.

Who do you like to play as most?

Cao Cao
12%
Liu Bei
22%
Sun Jian
3%
Sun Ce
10%
Sun Quan
2%
Liu Biao
1%
Yuan Shao
1%
Liu Zhang
1%
Dong Zhuo
0%
Lu Bu
6%
Ma Teng
2%
Kong Rong
1%
Qiao Mao (?)
1%
Created Ruler
26%
Other (please specify)
15%

Total votes : 367

Unread postby Jonathan » Tue Jun 18, 2002 6:24 am

Zhuge Kongming wrote:
Jonathan wrote:Ma Chao is of course one of my favorite generals, and Ma Dai i have many fond memories of our final battles when we were trying to conqure China at the end of the game. But Sun Quan was always a bit more of a challenge because he was closer to the enemies i took pleasure out of defeating. :wink:

Heh, like Liu Biao and Liu Zheng? Those two just ask to be conquered.

hehe ever since that day Liu Zheng killed Ma teng one of the first times i played and i killed any officer that served him for the rest of that game :twisted:. i dont kill all his officers at now that i know the importance of getting as many as you can, but i always take pleasure out of slaughtering his kingdom.
Jonathan
Censored
Censored

Unread postby Jimayo » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:29 am

I like playing as an officer I turn into a ruler, ussually guan yu, but frequently people like Xiahou Yuan, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Zhuge Liang, Lu Xun, Zhuge Jin, Ling Cao, Guo Jia, Gonsun Du, Sima Yi, Dian Wei, Xu Zhu, Cheng Yu, or Zhang Zhao.

Notice the pattern?
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Dennis » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:35 am

Zhang Liao17 wrote:I think your talking about Sun Ce. Sun Jian is not alive in Scenario 4.

Sorry my bad, I meant in RTK IV.

In scenario 1, when he is in Changsha, I think he's starts off in a prime spot and very strong relative to his neighbours.
Dennis
Mutha Canucka

Unread postby Mengqi » Wed Jun 19, 2002 5:23 am

I have to agree with Xiahou Mao. I choose Liu Bei because he is subject to attacks from all sides in Scenario 1.

The reason I dont play Cao Cao is he breaks alliances too quick. ARGH, I usually take him out early so he doesnt become a problem later on.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all...and in the Darkness bind them.
Mengqi
Apprentice

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:22 am

For RTK I - RTK V, I like to take Sun Ce most. Sun Ce and Zhou Yu combo was the best and taking Wang Lang and Yan Bai Hu within the first year of gameplay was never a problem. Cao Cao would be too powerful and little satisfaction can be derived from winning the game if I take him (except perhaps in the first scenario).

For RTK VII, I enjoy taking lowly generals and training them to be perfect generals (all stats 100). Particularly, I like taking Ma Chao esp. when I convert him from a brute to a general to a advisor to an usurper to a ruler.

For RTK VIII, sighh...the game is pro-Shu. Taking any guy from Shu inclination would likely to result in a good ending. (ie. the Han Emperor bestowing Wu Ji to you as wife and thus the northern barbarians would not invade). Thus, sad to say, I enjoyed taking Liu Bei! Yucks!
Last edited by Mega Zarak on Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Unread postby Taishi Guang » Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:03 pm

RTK VI: I usually pick a ruler I created and put a hurting on Liu Zhang and Sun Jian. But, if I do play as a historical ruler, I always play as the Sun family. If I chose Liu Bei in the 2nd scenario, Yuan Shao runs me over with no trouble :cry: .
Taishi Guang
Student

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:35 pm

Preventing Yuan Shao from destroying you can be done. What you need to do is have Guan Yu draft as many troops as possible in the first month and use the others to recruit new officers. Yuan Shao will attack but he'll likely send Yan Liang with 95 men since Yuan Shao's rank isn't that high yet. There will also be other units but don't worry about them. Take what troops you have and give them to Guan Yu and Zhang Fei mainly, with the remaining going to Liu Bei. Now don't sit in the castle and wait but have every one move in a fierce charge against Yan Liang. Remember while at the castle they have to destroy both your gates and the command center, so you'll have plenty of time to take out Yan Liang who will be alone and surrounded, and soon captured. Then pursue and see what luck you have. I've never had Yuan Shao personally lead his army but if he does that would be one hell of a fight.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby Sun Dawei » Tue Jun 25, 2002 8:00 pm

I really like playing Ma Teng because I think he is quite good. But I also like playing as really bad rulers who everyone thinks are easily defeatable.

I've beaten many a game as Liu Yong/Yao, Wang Lang, Kong Zhou, and Liu Du. I wish he had better generals like Pang De or Ma Chao for a scenario but I really like Zhang Lu!!!!!!!!!

Dawei
Sun Dawei
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Ce » Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:41 am

Definately Sun Ce *looks at user name* guess no reason why needed ^_^
I think that song is the highest achievement of the living culture, don't you agree?
Sun Ce
Master

Unread postby Alucard » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:40 pm

i like playing the sun family. good generals and good advisors.
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

PreviousNext

Return to Romance of the Three Kingdoms