Xiahou Ren

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Xiahou Ren

Unread postby Xiahou Ren » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Hey look what I found:

Xiahou Ren (180-242), daughter of Xiahou Dun. Was an excellent officer, though massively unpopular among her peers, due to her strict, no-nonsense nature, and her rapid promotion as one of Xiahou family. Performed admirably of Battle of Bowang, where she had fought Guan Yu for like, 2 seconds, before fell of her horse and was fortunately snagged by Han Hao to safety. She then followed Xiahou Yuan to get some more experience.

At 238 she had a big fight with Sima Yi concerning Liaodong massacre. She was disappointed when Cao Fang ignored her complain against Sima Yi's methods, and even more so by the privileges Sima Yi received instead. As she felt the Xiahou's influence has become inconsequential in royal court, Xiahou Ren proposed resignation from her position at 239, citing old age. She died of unspecified reasons at the same year.
Xiahou Ren
Assistant

Re: Xiahou Ren

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:16 am

That's a great drawing! I like how you wrote up a back story for your custom character!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration