My whirlwind tour of China with a visit to Sun Quan

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

My whirlwind tour of China with a visit to Sun Quan

Unread postby Rydain » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:53 am

In November 2013, I went on a big bus tour of Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Wuxi, a 3-day Yangtze cruise, and a much more personal weekend trip to Nanjing - my requested addition to the base itinerary. Though big bus tours involve their share of shopping stops and touristy silliness, it was an affordable way into the country and overall worthwhile. We had an excellent guide and a bunch of friends and family along for the ride, and the Nanjing extension gave me some feeling of experiencing a city instead of observing it through glass.

I finally completed a detailed writeup of the trip, with plenty of photos - including Dynasty Warriors-inspired merchandise at Sun Quan's memorial. :D

So I Went to China
Rydain
Assistant

Re: My whirlwind tour of China with a visit to Sun Quan

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:44 am

Thanks for sharing Rydain, I really enjoyed reading it and you've made me more eager to visit China and see things like the memorials to Liu Bei and Sun Quan!
Last edited by Sun Fin on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rydain » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:27 am

You're very welcome! :) There's also a Zhang Fei temple along the south bank of the Yangtze. We didn't have any chance to see it, but you might have better luck when you go.
Rydain
Assistant

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:51 am

I also want to thank you for sharing it. I haven't looked at it yet - waiting until I get enough time to sit and appreciate - but it's always interesting to see things like this. Thanks for your time and effort!
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:54 am

I'm soooo sorry I'm only seeing this two years later. A statue of my boy Sun Quan. I'm so glad you were able to fit that into your itinerary and bring back the picture!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration