Destiny of an Emperor Music Remix by sonic.penguin

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Destiny of an Emperor Music Remix by sonic.penguin

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:45 am

Destiny of an Emperor Music Remixes
This is my first attempt at ANY musical creation so cut me some slack and let me know what you think :lol:

Pledge of the Three Brothers Music Remix by sonic.penguin

Destiny of a Warrior Music Remix by sonic.penguin
Last edited by sonic.penguin on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Re: Destiny of an Emperor Music Remix by sonic.penguin

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:53 pm

Cool stuff!

I like how you use the sound effects as beats to the main tune, from 00:15-00:40-ish. It gives the feeling of the heroes marching through the land and dealing with obstacles, etc. I think the audio gets a bit too crowded around the 1:00 mark, though; maybe keep that "climax" section a bit shorter or simplify it a bit? I'm also not sure the opening works for me--I didn't feel the "start of battle" bit transitions well into the main theme.

Can't wait to see more music from you! I do play the DoaE tracks occasionally when I'm working, and it'd be nice to have a jazzed-up version. :huohu:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks for the input, I felt the same way about the beginning so I wiped it out. I wanted the ending part to feel like an "All-Out" battle was going on, but I did simplify it a bit to make it a little less 'crowded' in terms of sound effects, but I feel it still gets the point across.

This is the first song/attempt I've ever done at composing something musical, I can't even read music for that matter but I've got it in my head, if that makes sense. I figured since DOAE doesn't get so much love these days in comparison with DW and LOCC that it deserved little bit of attention.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:46 pm

I think it's quite nice now! I wonder if, after the "all-out" part, it would work to have the simple beats again like the beginning before fading out (i.e., a reverse of the beginning), so that it doesn't seem so abrupt to go from an all-out battle to nothing.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:19 am

Yeah, it is quite abrupt, the issue really is that the clip is only about 20 seconds long before it repeats so going back into a 'beat' pattern makes it drag out when I was working with it, but that's just my opinion.
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Unread postby sonic.penguin » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:21 am

Made a new music remix for Destiny of an Emperor called "Destiny of a Warrior". Enjoy

https://app.box.com/s/dtrxkbqejlqwdjqbobyx
sonic.penguin
Langzhong

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration