A land in Chaos - DW/RoTK Fan Fiction novel

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Re: A land in Chaos - DW/RoTK Fan Fiction novel

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:59 am

Many thanks to all the readers and to Striga for helping with the corrections ^_^ I hope you'll enjoy!
EDIT: A wild Li Dian and Yue Jin appears!

The army moved towards their base camp. Cold winds were blowing from the north and the clouds thickened over Luo Yang. Within the illustrious speeches of Yuan Shao, the chosen leader of the alliance forces, Hanleng wandered alone amongst the other soldiers. Familiar faces from the battles with the Yellow Turban bandits and unfamiliar people stared at him. He wasn't really aware of anything. His steps went on in never ending circles. He was thinking. Thoughts run deep from the core of his pounding heart. He ignored the entire ruckus around him, muttering strange sentences with no meaning. Xiahou Yuan followed him for a while and listened in on his rambling. Cao Cao was thinking, staring at Yuan Shao speaking to his men. They bowed before him, but he felt not humbled to be in his presence. “The nobility...”, he muttered, “His name is his strength... I must break free of this, and prove myself to the world.” “That settles it!”, someone said with eager and brought Cao Cao’s attention to wake. “You are the one I must serve. Now I’m sure of it.” A strange man with curly, dark hair and a strange gaze had come to Cao Cao’s side. He smiled and stroke through his fuzzy hair, smiling with confidence that Cao Cao himself has only seen from his trusty friend Hanleng. Behind him stood another young man. Brown, short, spikey hair and with a forehead protector, this man turned his gaze elsewhere as if he was ashamed to look upon the lord. “Why me, though?”, he wondered and placed his fingers gently upon his forehead, “Surely there are others more worthy...” Cao Cao was confused by those two. Both were dressed in fine armor for frontline soldiers. The weird smiling one had a long, blue scarf, the other a similar colored bandana underneath the forehead protector. “Who are these men?”, he asked Dun, who was bringing them over. “You said you wanted strength. I got us some help.”, he answered smiling and pointed over his shoulder to the two soldiers, “These two looked like they’d be useful. The time is right... The rest is up to you.” Cao Cao was unsure if this would be the time. His eyes looked over to the two brave men and he wondered if he had the strength to guide them well. Was he truly ready? “What are your names?”, he asked firmly. The two warriors bowed proudly and with awe before him. “Pardon me, my lord. I am Yue Jin.”, the one with the brown hair answered. “I am Li Dian.”, the other one replied with smiling, “Contrary of what you may have heard about me, I can prove to be quite useful.” “Xiahou Dun?”, Cao Cao asked with a rather disbelieving growl. His cousin laughed slightly: “I can attest to his skills. He’s a bit odd but I think he’ll keep things interesting.” Cao Cao sighed and crossed his arms, once more gazing towards these young men. “Hmmm... You may be right.” Yuan joined the illustrious group as he spotted his two cousins. “Cousin!”, he yelled. “Yuan? What is it?”, Cao Cao wondered, “And what about Hanleng?” “That's kinda hard to say.”, Yuan told him disturbed, “But I think the old man has lost it finally...” The three looked at Hanleng who nearly ran against a tent, totally out of his mind. He was grinning strangely and his gaze was focused on the sky. The smile was nothing like happiness. It was maddening and somewhat disturbing. Both Li Dian and Yue Jin were rather confused about that man. “What is with him?”, Cao Cao wondered. Yuan stroke his beard down and sighed not knowing the answer. “I don't know... He's been strange before, but this is even unusually for him... He's rambling all day long, wandering around camp without listening to anyone or anything. It's like he's not really here at all. Man, that old guy’s creeping me out. He didn't even react when I poked him with an arrow on the shoulder.” “That is really odd...”, Cao Cao thought and looked at Hanleng. The once wise one stumbled across the base camp. Soldiers looked at him questioning as he smiled and rambled: “Look and see! A bird with frozen wings! My, my... Like a stone it will fall... Like glass it will shatter... Poor little bird... Poor little firefly...” Cao Cao was curious and went over to his loyal friend. He walked by his side and observed him in his actions. “Sunken to the sea... Wall and fortress buried by snow falling from the sky. Yes, yes... Falling like a landslide... And snow we might eat... Red melting chisels... Yes, yes...” Suddenly he broke to his knees, holding his head tight between the claws of his gloves. “Argh!”, he stuttered, “Not the fire! Not the sun! Close! So close!” As Cao Cao went down to get a better look at his comrade, Hanleng jumped up again. He was standing straight up and stared into the sky. His eyes seemed tired and it was like he was sleepwalking. “Oh, just where did I put the knife? Did the winter rabbit steal it again?” He continued his aimless walk. It was kinda confusing for Cao Cao. He worried about Hanleng's health and sanity. “This man...”, Li Dian asked, “Is he one of your soldiers, my lord?” Xiahou Dun nodded at him. “Yeah... Kinda...”, he explained, ”The old man is a friend of Cao Cao... I don’t trust him yet... He’s too shifty...if you ask me. And now he might be insane as well.” Li Dian listened and looked after Hanleng. He nodded and decided to go over to him. “Li Dian?”, Yue Jin wondered. “I wonder...”, he muttered as he was passing Cao Cao’s side and engaged on the old wise one. He pulled a knife from his belt and presented it to him. At first it confused and worried the others, but Li Dian wasn’t pointing the knife at all. He held it with the edge down and spoke to the old man. “Is this the knife you seek?” The old man turned his gaze to the sharp blade and smiled softly. “Is it wise to hand a man like me such a pretty, sharpened thing?”, he asked back. Li Dian thought how to answer. “Is it then wiser to ask for it?” The question was again answered with a question. “Who is wiser, then? The fool who asks or the fool who stays silent?” Li Dian continued to answer him with another question. This conversation was going for a short time. “Is there an answer or did the winter rabbit stole it, too?” “Wouldn’t that make asking pointless?” “Would I know it without asking?” “Perhaps one day?” “Perhaps today?” The old man laughed at this, as if it was a game of wits. His laughter, however, was saddening somehow. “Hehehe... You are odd... You play and play with words to say... You act with kindness, but mindless not... Sanity is drifting from me, but not you, child...” He walked closer to him and pushed the knife back into Li Dian’s hands. “Keep it close...”, he spoke in a warning tone, “Never dare to arm the devil...” Then the old one walked away, with his gaze back at the sky. “Walking...passing...searching...seeking...”, he counted each step. He vanished within the thick business of the camp. Cao Cao worried even more.

Preparations were finished. The time for battle had arrived. “Did you find him?”, Cao Cao asked Xiahou Yuan and his cousin Dun. Both shook their heads and sighed. “Not a trace. It's like he had disappeared into thin air.”, Yuan said, “I wonder where he went...” “Forget about him.”, Dun stated focused and led his horse to the gates, “Let's concentrate on Dong Zhuo and his forces. This old madman can take care of himself.” Cao Cao agreed and followed Dun. Yuan and the two new soldiers went right after them. The five entered the field right after Yuan Shao's strike forces. The allied units scattered across the snowy mountain range around the Hulao Gate, the main passage towards Luo Yang. Screams and shouts engulfed the area. Soldiers fell to the blades and spears of their enemies. Fear, courage and desperation mixed into this bittersweet song of war. During the pressing attacks of their forces, the three generals encountered a base positioned in the middle of a crossing. Every road seemed to gather at this point. The warriors of Wu were holding this position. Their red bandanas made them stand out of the ranks of all the others. And one was even different from them. The soldiers in the front line fought alongside a very tall man with dark skin and black hair. Cao Cao was surprised as he saw the scarred face of this man, who looked exactly like Hanleng. His eyes were glowing red, reminding Cao Cao of the color of blood. He was wearing red dyed pirate clothing above a heavy chainmail and a single silver plate across his forehead. “Come on!!”, he shouted with a harsh, deep growling voice that sounded even similar to Hanleng, “I’ll take you all on at once, you weaklings!!” He laughed and swung a giant axe over his head. This weapon’s height was that of his height and made of strange red steel. It seemed to be glowing as if it was just pulled out of the fire. This man hurled the axe around himself with one arm only. The other hand was clutched into a fist covered in steel gauntlets. The axe-blade clashed on the ground like an anvil. The soldiers of Dong Zhuo's army were too frightened to approach this hunk of a man. “Nobody gets past here!! Not while I'm on the watch!!” “Yeah! Let's show 'em, Huo Yan!!” Sun Ce, who met the three generals during the Yellow Turban Rebellion, entered the field and aided the mysterious warrior named Huo Yan. “Ha! That's the spirit, Ce!! A tiger like his father!”, the man laughed and flexed his shoulders, “Time for some trashing!!” Cao Cao and his cousins looked at them fighting. The enemy ranks were just torn apart by their assault. They all were quite confused and at awe. “So that's this Huo Yan – guy.”, Yuan wondered, “He really looks a lot like the old man.” “Yeah, but he got more spunk and fury than him.”, Dun thought and readied his blade. His cousin grabbed the bow and Cao Cao took his own sword to his side. “It’s strange how he is such an opposing picture to this Hanleng.”, Li Dian nodded and readied his strange halberd. It was a spear-like weapon with a wheel close to the top, made completely of iron and decorated with metal fangs around. Yue Jin nodded and armed himself with hook swords, blades made from steel that were curved on the tip to form a hook. “Indeed...”, he sighed. “Let us proceed.”, Cao Cao said. The five followed along the passage and left the defense to that Wu warrior, Huo Yan. Not far along the path another bigger battle was fought. Some of the generals seemed to have problems getting by one soldier. As the five got closer, Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan recognized the warrior in that familiar looking armor. It was the one named Tao that traveled together with the Firestorm. He was wielding an impressive long spear, managing to block of any men who dared trying to engage. Several dead bodies of Dong Zhuo's forces as well as the allied forces already covered the circle in which he was waiting for the next fool to challenge him. “Damn it! Where the hell did Dong Zhuo got such a warriors loyalty!?”, one of the officers complained nervous, “He's blocking the assault all on his own!” “Isn't that Tao?”, Dun wondered and seemed impressed by him. “Yes... So he's fighting for Dong Zhuo, too...” The officers called in the archers, but Dun entered the battleground before they arrived on the front. “Let me handle this.”, he said, “This man deserves to be cut down. Not shot.” He smiled and pointed his Podao at his opponent. “Fight with all you've got.” Tao nodded at him, but stayed silent. He readied his spear, spinning it over his head and placed it with the spike down to the ground. His stance was odd, so Dun thought. Tao stretched one leg to the tip of his spear, held the weapon on the back side of his hand and gave balance to it with the palm of the other. His other leg was bent to the point as if he was about to jump to the side. At first Xiahou Dun wasn't sure what to make of this. It looked rather clumsy with this heavy armor. But that was about to change. Tao pushed himself forward. He was rushing at Dun and struck the spear’s tip at him. Xiahou Dun blocked it quickly, but was amazed how smoothly this fighter moved as his attacks came at him like a thunder storm. Every strike was faster than the one before. Each blow gained on power. It got harder to fend off the attacker. “Amazing.”, Yue Jin gazed at awe. The other spectators couldn’t even bare to interrupt the intensity with a single breath. Dun spotted an opening in the movements and struck at him, managing to force Tao off. The warrior balanced his spear over the arms and shoulders. Again the tip ended near the ground while the other end remained in Tao's grip. One palm was facing Dun, like a defense position. The general smiled quite thrilled by the talent. Cao Cao was amazed by it. “Hanleng sure knows talented people...”, he muttered while watching his cousin fight. “Heh, you're faster than I thought.”, Dun admitted, “This might be interesting after all.” “Hm...” Tao shook his head. He seemed little impressed and uninterested in talking. “Not much for talk, eh? Well, suit yourself.”, Dun answered and smirked at him. The warrior raised his freed hand and provoked Dun to attack him this time. And he responded to it. Again both warriors engaged each other. Steel met steel and like rolling thunder their battle resounded between the frozen stones. Neither of them was about to give in. Tao had speed and balance. Xiahou Dun strength and more experience. Officers and soldiers just watched their fierce dance. Dun finally got a chance and broke through the defense of Tao. He slashed for the belly. The young warrior realized his failure and dodged. The blade scratched over the armor, but to his luck didn't breach it. Tao slithered back on the ground and laid his hand upon the cut on his armor. Dun tried to charge at him, but suddenly a sickle torn through the ground. Chains rung in the air as the small scythe went back to its owner. It was Umi Mari interfering with the battle. “Enough, Tao.”, she said displeased. Something was getting to her right now. The officers looked at her and soldiers who recognized the Firestorm froze in fear. “We're ordered to return to the gate. Now!” She whistled, the echo crossed the hill side and two horses responded to the call. Tao pointed at Xiahou Dun. He stared surprised as the warrior slapped his hand on the chest and seemed to make clear that he will return. He grabbed the saddle and pulled himself onto the horse's back, making his way back to the gate. Umi Mari smirked and looked to Dun, who was in the company of Cao Cao, Yuan, Li Dian and Yue Jin now. “Looks like you made an impression. Don't you dare disappoint Tao! And give a message to the old man!! If he thinks that he can play with the lives of others like that, he should think again!! My blade will slit his throat one day!! Remember that!!” She jumped on her horse and left for the gate as well. Suddenly snow joined in the fight. It grew cold. Very cold. Freezing. “Aw... I feel sorry for the old man... She's one you don't want to have as enemy.”, Yuan muttered and rubbed his nose. Cao Cao looked up into the clouds. Dun shook his head and raised his shoulders. “Well... But she's right...”, he sighed and returned to his horse. The officers and soldiers pushed on, followed by group of five. “That old man really is playing with lives... Who knows what he's up to? Or if he's serious with everything he says... How do we know that we can trust him at all?” Cao Cao remained silent, but he too felt the doubts clouding his heart. “I wouldn’t worry, my lord.”, Li Dian tried to lighten up the mood, “I have a good feeling about him. And I never was wrong with my forecast so far.” It settled the nervousness of his three lords, but not all the insecurity was gone.
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks to Striga for all the help - and of course to all readers :) I hope you enjoy the Story
EDIT: A wild Li Dian and Yue Jin appeared!!

The soldiers pushed on. Every step brought them closer to Hulao gate. However, another officer of Dong Zhuo blocked the Sishui Pass. Hua Xiong. He slew every officer and soldier daring to challenge him. “Come on! Is there no real warrior amongst you, cowards! Ha!!” He laughed and mocked at them, reveling in their struggle and pain. Many dared to face him one on one, but nobody stood a chance. Xiahou Dun was ready to step in for another battle. Suddenly one of the officers broke through their ranks. He engaged on Hua Xiong quickly and cleaved his head straight from his shoulders. One single strike has finished the one officer of Dong Zhuo guarding the Sishui Pass. “Impressive.”, Cao Cao stated. He wondered who this man was, remembering seeing him during the Yellow Turban uprising. However, he had no name for that warrior yet. The allied forces pressed on towards Hulao gate. The three generals and the two warriors followed the forces. The wind became colder. The pass was covered in snow and ice. The white was tainted by the blood of the fallen. Each side bears the weight of heavy losses. “This is bad.”, Yuan muttered, “Seems like Lu Bu is tearing them up.” “Yeah.”, Dun agreed. He scouted the area. Suddenly he spotted a familiar figure amongst the carcasses. Living and breathing. “Hanleng!” His shout made Cao Cao , Li Dian, Yue Jin and Xiahou Yuan follow the gaze. They saw the mysterious one battling against a warrior with two giant halberds. Huge axe-like lances of steel, that were capable of cleaving through waves of warriors. He sliced through the air, but Hanleng kept avoiding his assaults. The unknown warrior unleashed his furious strikes. It was intense to no end. The snow was lifted by each swing of his weapon. Leng jumped and dodged to every direction, keeping the poles as suitable covering points and avoiding the axe-blades on each end. He looked odd, like he was fast asleep. His eyes had no focus. The cheeks were wet, like he had cried not long ago. “Hanleng!!”, Cao Cao shouted at him. “What's wrong with him?!”, Yuan wanted to know. Again Cao Cao called out to him, but was ignored. Hanleng readied his steel claws for the perfect hit. An opening presented by his formidable foe was giving him this chance. Yet again Cao Cao called for him. “Hanleng!”, he rode towards him shouting. This time the mysterious one seemed to react. He shook his, trying to wake up from a nightmare. His held his punch back, the enemy warrior found a chance to strike. Drowsy and dizzy, Hanleng realized that he was in the middle of a fight. He turned quickly, rose his arms - blocking the axe, but the other halberd's pole hit him straight to the head. The sheer force of that blow sends him flying across the ground. He recovered fast and held his head. With the usual among of jesting, he touched his forehead and muttered in pain. “Ouch! That hurts! But nice wakeup call...” He saw the blood on his fingers as they passed his eyes. Slightly dizzy he stood up again and turned to his foe. This time he looked confused. Cao Cao and the other four came to his aid. Hanleng broke down once more gasping for air. He looked up to Cao Cao. Puzzlement marked his eyes. “What happened... Cao Cao? ....How...” “Easy there.”, Cao Cao tried to calm him without success. “Where the hell am I? What am I doing out here?!”, he muttered seriously lost. The enemy warrior managed to get passed Dun and Yuan. He battled his way through Yue Jin and Li Dian, too. Now he took his fight back to his former opponent. Leng pushed Cao Cao aside quickly. “Look out!” The axe-blade came down on them. Luckily both managed to get away. Leng decided to continue the fight. However, he seemed dazed. His focus was off and he did not know what to think of it. But he was sure to defend his lord. “Keep them out!”, he stated to the warrior with anger, “I'm your opponent!” “As you wish...”, his foe agreed and stretched his shoulders. This person was awfully familiar to Hanleng. This cold, determined gaze that even rivaled his own. The face, a glare frozen in time itself. Suddenly he realized it. It was that man he bummed into at the palace, before the duel of Umi Mari and Lu Bu. Both fighters circled around. They never stopped staring each other in the eyes. However, this time it was Hanleng who felt the chills running across his back. The gaze of that man was frightening him. The warrior charged at him, roaring like a wild tiger. The halberds shred through the frozen ground. Hanleng dodged the strikes sharply, trying to enclose on the man. He grabbed around the poles and pressed his feet against the warriors shining silver plated armor. The grip was strengthened and he tried to pull them out of his opponent’s hands by pressing the feet even harder against his chest. However, his foe pulled them both up. His powerful swing made Hanleng lose footing and he was forced to let go, which send him flying right over the man's head. A quick flip in the air gave him a softer landing. Hanleng turned around and saw the enemy approaching again. Another wave of strikes rained down on him. He had problems keeping up with the speed of each hit. “How can he be so fast?!”, he wondered. Their eyes were focused on each other again. Hanleng pushed the next strike to the side, dodged the second and tried to kick him to the face. Quickly his adversary duck down. He jumped back, crossed the halberds and blocked the second kick. Like a crab’s claw, he snapped around the wise man's leg. Leng freed himself with an upper cut kick. But that left him open. After he landed back, he was taken off his feet by a horizontal low strike. Hastily he pushed his hands against the ground and charged both legs towards his enemy. Again he missed. “Curse it!”, he muttered while backing away from his foe. Both fighters stood and stared at each other once more. Exhaustion conquered their bodies, but Hanleng more than his adversary. “Who are you, warrior?”, he asked curious. “My name is Zhang Liao.”, his opponent answered and pointed one halberd at him, “Go. Flee now if you wish to live. You're not going to get passed me!” Leng laughed. It was a strange cold gesture. A smile froze to his face. His three lords watched him. “Interesting...”, he spoke to Zhang Liao and stretched the arms up. With a swift flip forward he jumped at him. Liao blocked the attack, but Leng increased his speed. He back flipped and circled his legs down. His opponent jumped up. He kicked with the power of his arm assisting in the launch. Liao blocked, but the pressure pushed him backwards. It was obvious that both warriors were very capable. “Go, my lord.”, Hanleng spoke to Cao Cao, “Leave this to me.” “Old man? Are you crazy?”, Yuan wasn't sure what to make out of all this. “This is not your place to be right now.”, the wise one answered smiling. Blood crossed his eye and his gaze became foggy. Still he seemed confident and Cao Cao trusted in it, however with worries in mind. Dun and Yuan watched back at him as they rode towards the Hulao Gate. Li Dian and Yue Jin also followed. “Stay alive, my lord.”, the young ones yelled before vanishing towards the allied army. The two now were alone, facing each other. “This is much better...”, Leng said and took a deep breath, “But I don't think it will be long....” “Not long? What?” Zhang Liao was puzzled. This opponent seemed to fear something. He realized that Hanleng's eyes were scarred with doubts. “You seem frightened...”, he said, “But something within this glare makes me believe that it is not I who you fear...” “You're a sharp person, my friend... Yes... I fear... ....I fear to slay the wrong person...” “Huh?” Leng rushed forward. Zhang Liao didn't even saw this coming. Hanleng grabbed his halberds, turned them over his shoulder and spread the claws of his glove around the warrior’s throat. He faced this man now, who was at his hold. Smiling down on him... The devilish smile of this opponent disturbed Liao even more. However, the eyes looked at him gentle and friendly. It was maddening. “Be warned, Zhang Liao... Never...expect victory...” He pulled his claw back and ran off. His foe stared after him surprised and confused. Was he playing with him? Umi Mari rode towards his position and ordered him to fall back. However, she couldn't shake the feeling that he had seen something frightening.

On the other side of the battlefield, the alliance forces managed to pierce through Dong Zhuo's defense forces. Lu Bu was defeated by an unknown trio that fought him combined. Umi Mari dispatched units across their escape route, but the allied forces pulled back. Cao Cao wasn't pleased about it. Back in the camp he tried to convince Yuan Shao into the pursuit. Yet, he failed and in his anger, Cao Cao decided on pressing on with his forces alone. He prepared his men and marched towards Luo Yang. The city was burned to the ground. Dong Zhuo had left it empty, covered with ashes and fallen hopes. What he did not expect was an ambush troop waiting for them. Soon everything was torn. The troops were scattered about and Cao Cao was left on his own. And still a watchful eye kept guard...

Cao Cao was riding across the cities street. Dong Zhuo's troops were following closely. Archers aimed at him. Arrows rained down from above. One hit his horse and it broke down to the ground. Cao Cao rolled over the street. No time to think, he jumped up and ran towards the market area. He was exhausted and had to stop. First he made sure he wasn't chased anymore. Suddenly he realized where he was standing. This was the exact same place where he first had met Hanleng. The street was dark. Houses were burned to the ground and the walls were covered in ashes. Snow softly spread across the roads and ruins. The area was frozen. It was strangely colder here than out in the open street. Cao Cao realized now that his body already felt numb. He looked at his armor. Frost was growing all over it. Suddenly a shout caught his attention. “There he is!”, a soldier screamed. The enemy found him and surrounded the warrior in the tiny street way. They came at him shouting and yelling. They raised swords and spears, ready to skin him alive. Cao Cao prepared himself, for he wasn't giving up on living yet. In this moment a cold breeze cut through the air. Two giant pillars of water crushed down from the building behind Cao Cao. The waves encircled him and spread out. Like spears, icicles formed within a blink of an eye and slashed through the horde surrounding the warrior. A shadow came from atop of the building and landed right in front of Cao Cao. The water crawled inside his wide sleeves. “Hanleng!” Cao Cao recognized him at once. “You have to leave...Cao Cao...”, he spoke with a cold, dry voice. “What?” The soldiers stared at this man with terror. Hanleng turned around quickly. He pulled his arm forward, pointing at Cao Cao and a stream of water passed over his shoulder. It embedded itself in the wall behind him and froze solid. The edges were sharp like a tiger’s claw. “... ...Do you still trust me... ...?” Hanleng's eyes looked quite strange. The blue shine was intense and cold. Ice and Frost covered hair, shoulders, arms and legs. He looked like he was freed from an icy prison not long ago. The icicle broke apart and melted straight away. Leng let his arm fall. Dong Zhuo's soldiers dared to attack once more. This time Hanleng wasn't giving them any chances at all. He covered the left and right side in a stream of frost. He jumped up and shot two giant frozen rocks out of his sleeves, crushing both frozen sides. The soldiers were buried by the rubble. Screaming and shouting with fear and pain they vanished beneath the cold stone. As he returned to his lord’s side he sighed. The breath was cloaking his face and he had to laugh devilish. “Come... I shall guide you back...to your loyal...soldiers...” He walked over the broken pieces of men. Cao Cao couldn't believe his eyes. He hesitated, but followed shortly after. The two went on and left the frozen street. They followed the road around the buildings and outside towards the West Street. Another ambush troop appeared and challenged them to battle. “There he is!”, a soldier shouted, “Get him!” “You're not going to hurt anyone, dog!!” Hanleng charged right into the attackers. He sliced their throats with sharpened edges of ice that grew from underneath his sleeves. Like a blizzard his cold blades took life after life. Cao Cao tried finding the man he used to know within this dance of anger. Why has he changed so much? His fury broke people and destroyed lives countless. “Leng... What...” “There is no time, Cao Cao... No time... ...and I fade fast... ...come...” Hanleng ran across the street towards the main plaza. Both heard the fight raging ahead. Soon they spotted Xiahou Dun and Yue Jin amongst the battling members of Cao Cao's remaining forces. Dun saw them closing in. “Cao Cao!”, he yelled and choked slightly on his next breath. Hanleng jumped right into the fight and started slashing the enemy ranks. The blades of ice turned red when death took the lives of his victims. “Leng?”, Dun muttered shocked. He saw that same devilish glare that once appeared on this man's face. The diabolical smile, that hunted him since the Yellow Turbine Bandits were defeated. Yue Jin shook slightly at the chilling figure of that once mad mumbling man from camp. Half frozen corpses gathered on the ground. Wounds frozen in time and faces of fear, which stopped all motion underneath the layer of ice and frost. Finally the enemy decided to flee. “Is this...really...” “Move it...” Hanleng went on. “We're not done yet...”, he said and went on towards the gates. The wind grew colder and his body was nearly completely covered in ice. His hair was frozen to the tips and water dripped from the spiked boots. He killed whatever crossed their path. The comfort and trust he once gave to his lords started dwindling. People died by his hand. Died of his freezing powers and suffered a death born from a nightmare in the cold. Mesmerized by the terror he spread, the four men followed by Cao Cao's soldiers reached the gates of Luo Yang. “The gates!”, Dun said relieved and spotted his cousin and Li Dian close to the walls, “Yuan! Li Dian!” The tubby man aimed at a group of warriors coming from the east side. He turned around as he recognized the call of his cousin. “Dun! Cao Cao! Yue Jin! You're save!” Li Dian also was glad to see them. However that smile of relieve faded fast. He was shocked when Hanleng jumped at them. The old man bounced of the wall, dragging a thin cloak of cold mist along. Like a hawk his feet came down on one of the enemies and buried him straight into the ground. Hanleng waved his arms like the beating wings of an eagle and threw the mist straight at the rest of Dong Zhuo's minions. Before anyone could even say something, he turned around and pointed at the wall. “Go now...”, he said coldly. “What...what about you, Leng?”, Cao Cao wondered. Xiahou Dun assured that the remaining soldiers left the city. “Old man?”, Xiahou Yuan was stunned by his battling. It was far different than normal. “Go! Now!”, he yelled. His teeth crunching, he stared in anger upon his lords, “I’ll hold them off... More will come...” Dun nodded and went to his cousins, dragging them outside. Yue Jin and Li Dian followed with stunned gazes at the one once called wise. “Wait! Dun!”, Yuan muttered still confused. Cao Cao looked at Hanleng. A sudden change in his eyes was seen. The anger vanished and sorrow took him over. As the five departed with the remaining army, Hanleng went to the gate and blocked the way, staying his ground alone. A massive assault troop charged at him. ”Tell me where...”, he muttered exhausted. He raised his head and ran at them. ”Tell me where he is!”, he screamed and stretched his claws at them.

“I know they hide him! I felt his presence! Damn them!! Both of them!!”
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:35 am

EDIT: A wild Li Dian and Yue Jin appeared!!

The screams of Dong Zhuo's men haunted Cao Cao and his soldiers from afar. He decided to return to Xu Chang to regroup. With Dong Zhuo still alive he found no rest. Four days passed and he always went to the cities walls, hoping for Hanleng to return. However, he never came. The fifth day however changed it all. “My lord!”, one of the guards rushed into the castle. He bowed before Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun, interrupting their discussion. Yuan joined them on the back of his horse, returning from a patrol. “I hope this is important.”, Cao Cao muttered irritated. “There is a lone rider approaching the gates, my lord!”, the soldier explained hasty, “A black mare! There is a girl and someone else riding it here!” The three lords hoped for it to be Hanleng. Quickly they ran to the gates. The soldiers opened it for them and kept arrows pointed at the single horse coming their way. The girl on the horse’s back was one of the women that Hanleng introduced to them, the little Pai Quan. She carried something over her shoulders. “Leng!”, Cao Cao recognized the robe he was wearing. But the old man didn't react at his shout. He hung from the girls back like dead meat. Blood had dried on his claws and sleeves. The boots were red and the robe slightly torn. “Mercy, lord Cao Cao!”, the girl shouted and let the horse gallop faster towards the gate. “Grandpa is injured! Please help us!”, she cried. “Grandpa?”, Yuan wondered. Suddenly Hanleng slipped her grip and fell off to the side. He hit the ground and left a stain of blood in the dirt. Cao Cao was unsure if he could trust that girl, but she seemed to care about Hanleng. Pai Quan jumped of the mare and tried to pull him back on his feet. “Xiahou Dun...”, Cao Cao spoke and gave him a signal to help the girl, “Xiahou Yuan... Go find a doctor. Send them to the castle.” Yuan nodded and left for the city. Dun went over to the old man and threw his arm over his shoulders. “...Quan... ...”, Leng moaned in pain. He looked up and saw into his lord’s face, but his eyesight was faint and weakened. “...my... ...my....lord... ...Quan...? ... ...Is....she... ... ...save...” “I'm here, grandpa.”, she answered him and tried helping the tall and scary looking man, “I'm fine. I'm fine...” The two brought him into Xu Chang. Hanleng's mare walked over to Cao Cao, who was looking after them. It pushed its nose against his shoulder. Cao Cao strokes its cheek and guided it in.
Hours passed. Hanleng was treated well and the doctor had taken care of his wounds. However, ever since he returned, he refused to let anybody see him, beside the little girl that brought him here. Cao Cao was tired of waiting for his approval. He went to Hanleng's room. A small chamber with a bed, covered in veils. A dream of white flowers, dark wooden walls and red carpets. There was a door to the other side, close to a table. On it stood a bowl with water and some bandages. Hanleng was not present, neither was the girl. The door on the other side was wide open. Cao Cao walked to it and came outside the balcony. Down in the garden, between the leafless peach trees, close to the fountain, was a bench. Hanleng sit there with the girl leaned on his shoulder. Cao Cao went down and outside. He approached him slowly. “Horrifying...”, Hanleng spoke and turned his gaze towards his lord, “Wasn't it...?” “... ...” Cao Cao looked at him confused. He saw in these eyes shame and humiliation. The wise one turned away, staring back at the fountain. “... ...Your silence says it all... ...”, he muttered, “...who...I wonder...” “Who what?”, Cao Cao asked careful. “Who would've stopped me...? ...If Pai Quan wouldn't have come... ...If she would not have been there... ...I... ..I...don't think I would have been able to regain myself...” “What happened, Leng?”, Cao Cao sat next to him. “I was asleep...” “Asleep?” The two looked at each other. Cao Cao was unsure if he could believe this, but he saw the sincerity in Hanleng’s eyes. “... ...The last thing I remember was being at home... ...I felt terrible... ...because of winter coming...” “Winter?”, Cao Cao wondered. The old man strokes his hair behind the ears and sighed deeply depressed. “A bad memory... ...It’s hunting me ever since... ...”, he muttered, “But after I went to sleep... ...everything darkened... ...on the battlefield I woke up... ...but... ... ...not for long... ...I could feel one of them...” “Them?” “Those I have told you about... ...One of them was there and my rage took over... ...I became a predator... ...A wild beast...only hunger for their blood... ...It was like I was caught in my own nightmares...” He looked at Pai Quan sleeping soundly by his side. “Pai Quan found me among the dead... ...I had fought against so many... ...killed...so many... ... ...I feared that I may have slain you too, my lord... ...But she assured me that you were save... ... Dong Zhuo send troops after her... She told me that this mad man was crunching down harder as ever... ...She choose to leave and find help... She worries for her sibling and mother so much...” “But they are not even bound to blood...” “Neither are we, Cao Cao... And I still feel like I have to watch over each and every one, like they're my own.... ...” He smiled and stroke through Pai Quan's hair. “I wish to help this dream... ...this world that will grow from your determination... ... ...Cao Cao... ...more than ever... ...I want this chaos ended by your hand... ...For a world that these children can enjoy... ...No matter how you decide to shape it...” “What is this...waking dream you have...?”, Cao Cao asked. His friend shook his head and smiled bitter with shame. “A nightmare...I wish was never born to this world... ...Maybe one day...I can tell you about it... ...But not now... ...I wish to forget it...”

Hanleng has returned to the side of his lord, Cao Cao. And he was not alone. With him he brought a little girl. Pai Quan. She claims that Dong Zhuo is becoming more dangerous. She fears for her new found family, but Hanleng put her doubts to rest. He promised to protect them with every fiber of his being. Li Dian and Yue Jin continued their service as well. The lords and officers serving under Cao Cao however doubt the sanity and loyalty of Hanleng. Cao Cao himself, however, paid them no mind. His trust stood unshaken and unbroken to his loyal friend.
Meanwhile the situation in the new capital city, Chang An, began to rise. People were frightened by Dong Zhuo's tyranny, but due to Lu Bu's and Umi Mari's presence, there was little what they could do. The Firestorm however grew weary of the constant abuse and disrespect of her lord. Soon the last straw would be drawn and the hunting Flames would burn anew.

I'm finally back! I hope you enjoy the new chapters ^_^
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:42 am

For those who didn't read it in the changed Prologue - I am stopping the polls for the stories, since so few people seems interested in taking part (sadly). So I write the story as it goes and finish with a good and bad ending.
EDIT: This whole Chapter was totally overworked and redone because of TWO DAMN SOLDIERS! AMAZING!!

Chapter 4 – "The Rise of Lu Bu – Mystery meets Simplicity"

“I can't believe it...”, Umi Mari muttered. She walked to the stables, watching the soldiers readying themselves for the next patrol. Her eyes glanced most surprised at her nestling sitting on a bench close to the armory. “I thought you hated war and weapons, Hayoli. And why are you all alone out here?” The young girl looked up at her. She tended the blades of the soldiers, sharpening them fine. Her fingers and palms were cut at some places. She gazed at her protector a bit flustered and folded the dirty towel in her hands nervously. “I...I'm sorry... ...I...I just wanted to be somewhat helpful...”, she stuttered, “You and these soldiers are always working so hard to keep us save... ...I feel…rather useless...” “You're taking this all to seriously...”, Mari tried to comfort her, “You're no warrior, so nobody can blame you. But being alone out here with all these men starring?” The girl blushed and looked around. The men surely were looking at her with interest. She felt uneasy and shy again. It made the Firestorm laugh hearty. “Hahaha. Still the old self... Purity that cannot be tainted...” “Huh?” “Just talking to myself, dear.”, she smiled and sat next to her, starring into the sky, “After all what has happened... I cannot blame you for fearing and feeling uneasy in the presence of men.” The girl looked down. She weakly grabbed around cloth and steel. The memories are painful lingering within her mind. Mhi Hayoli sighed deeply, wishing for all this being a dream to be awakening from. “I'm worried, Mari... ...about Pai Quan....” The women looked at each other. Umi Mari shrugs her shoulders carefree. “She made up her mind. What happens after that is out of our reach, now...” “But...” She tried comforting Hayoli and placed one hand on her shoulder. “Believe me, Mhi Ha. If she's really going to the old man, there is nothing to fear or worry about. However, I also don't like it.” She became more serious and stared into space again. “He's...strange...and the way he treats other lives like they were part of a game... He's creepy, alright... But he saved her before. I only hope that he won't abandon her now. If he does...”, she punched her fists together, “I will give him a personal respect lesson of the other kind.” Mhi Hayoli was unsure about this promise. Wouldn’t it be rude? “But…are you not with him, Mari? He didn’t look much like a bad person at all.” “You haven’t seen him fighting yet…”, she answered and placed her chin upon her fist, “Trust me. He isn’t the saint he wants us to believe he is.” Both fell silent. Umi Mari turned her gaze to the weapon she was tending to. It was the blade of a big halberd with a little blue tinted fur piece hanging around the pole. “Whose weapon is this? Looks heavy.”, she mentioned and gazed up into Mhi Hayoli’s eyes. The young woman looked puzzled. “I don’t know. Uh… I thought just… The two of them looked pretty damaged…so I thought I should sharpen them.” “Wait, wait! Two?!”, the Firestorm wondered, “And you carried them over here!?” Mhi Ha shook her head and nearly let go of the halberd on her lap. “No, no!”, she stuttered, “I…I didn’t! Both were standing here on the bench!” “Ah! There I left them.” Someone walked up to them. It was the warrior Zhang Liao. He came towards the two women. Umi Mari smirked at him. “Well, if it isn’t Master Liao himself. Ready for the patrol, I guess.” He bowed slightly before the two. “Yes, lady Umi.”, he answered, “I was just about to search for you.” “Hey!”, Umi Mari fletched her teeth, “I told you not to call me ‘lady’, Liao!” She stood up and pulled the halberd gently from Mhi Hayoli’s lap, so that she wouldn’t cut the woman. Then she handed it over to Liao, slightly loosing hold of it, since it was quite heavy. “Here you go.” Zhang Liao took his weapon and the other one standing next to Mhi Ha. The young lady was blushing and quite nervous, shaking and shivering all over. He looked at the blades and was impressed at how well they were sharpened. “These are fine. I never saw them shine like this. My thanks, milady.” He nodded at Mhi Ha and she blushed even more. She stood up and bowed flustered with little tears in her eyes. “N…n..no… I… …forgive me!” The young woman clinched to the dirty cloth in her hands and ran off into the garden area. Zhang Liao was a bit surprised and worried. “Did I…upset her?” Umi Mari shook her head and smirked slightly. “Don’t worry. She’s always like that around men. Ha. But you’re the first she ever responded to.” The two went towards the stables. Zhang Liao was confused by her: “The first? She does not speak with her brother, too?” Mari climbed her horse and sighed, waving the hand for the patrol to begin. “Sure, she’s talking with Tao, but not with strangers. Even if I am talking with them, she’s not getting one word over her lips. But enough of that. We’ve got work to do.” He agreed, placed his halberds on his saddle and climbed up. They followed the rest of the soldiers. Umi Mari was focused, however, something was disturbing. She felt an eerie wind coming, like a bad omen lingering in the clouds. She pulled her chain sickle close at hand from the belt it was hanging on.
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:04 pm

The patrol went on till night was falling. Finally they’ve returned. Mari went to the castle immediately and headed for her quarter. Something was off. She rushed through the hall and started to hear swords shrieking and men shouting. As she passed the corner, she spotted three soldiers of Dong Zhuo blocking the door to her quarter. Something was trying to get out of the room, pushing against the doors from the other side. They tried to hold it in with all their might. “Hey!”, Mari yelled angry at them. As they saw her coming, the soldiers lost their footing and the doors smashed open, sending them flying across the floor. The Firestorm hurried to them, but they ran away as soon as Tao stepped out of the door. Mari looked inside the room. Several officers and soldiers were laying on the ground. Tables were broken, curtains pulled down, bench and bed shattered to pieces. “What’s going on!?”, she asked and grabbed the silver armored warrior around the upper arm. “Mhi Ha.”, the warrior sighed hollow underneath his helmet, “They took her to him.” “What!?!” Umi Mari kicked the door furious and ripped it out of its holdings. She grabbed the chain sickle from her belt and ran across the hall. “No, he didn’t! He will not!! I won’t let him touch her!!” Tao accompanied Umi Mari with a nod of his head. The two rushed outside into the courtyard. The guards were alerted and tried to stop them from entering the palace. “Hold, Lord Dong Zhuo is not accepting any audiences in the moment!” Tao ran straight through them, swirling his spear in circles from one hand to the other. “Humph.” “Out of my way, you bootlicking dogs!! I will see him! See that fat swine bleed to death if he touches my little girl!!” She swung the chain sickle over her head and straight down upon the crowd of soldiers. “Move it!”, she yelled and ram through their ranks, cleaving a way towards the plaza. The guards tried to hold them off. Li Ru, the strategist of Dong Zhuo, stood atop the large stairway behind the plaza. “What is the meaning of this, woman?! Your loyalty belongs to our lord, Dong Zhuo.” Tao slashed the wall of guards down. Umi Mari went towards the plaza and yelled at the man in his dark robe: “My loyalty belongs to my family first, moron!! Move it or I’ll remove you!” She stormed towards the palace gates. Li Ru grabbed the ends of his robe and hurried inside, ordering the guards to close the doors. The two tried to break through, but it was futile. “Damn you, Li Ru! If I get you, you’re dead!!” She ran back and hurled her sickle up towards the balcony. “Come on!”, she shouted and pulled herself on the next floor. Mari turned around and threw the chain to Tao, who grabbed it and got pulled up by her. The two kicked open the balcony doors and stormed the palace. “Ah!” The soldiers were stunned in fear as they saw the warriors approaching. “Out of my way!”, Umi Mari yelled and punched on of the guards into a wall. She shortened her way by kicking down the walls, storming room after room. An officer tried to corner her in the next hallway, but he was forced down the parapet by Tao. He fell on the first floor. Both warriors followed him and used his body as cushion for the landing. Mari stormed across the long hallway towards the throne room. Li Ru send more soldiers her way and retreated into another room. “Damn you, maggots! Out of my way!” She hurled the sickle up and whirled the chain wildly. The edge of her weapon cut through the armor of the soldiers, leaving a road of blood behind. Tao trampled over the bodies searching for the fastest way to the throne room. “This way.”, the warrior pointed into a hall free of soldiers, “Down here and where there.” Mari ran towards Tao and both rushed through the corridor. Soon they came into the giant hallway leading towards the regent’s throne room. Again soldiers blocked their way, but none could stand before them. The two hurried up the small staircase surrounded by the red flags and pretty carpets. Umi Mari slammed the door open, fury had taken her eyes. She glanced over to the throne and saw Lu Bu standing in a puddle of blood. Next to the him were two women. One of them was Mhi Hayoli. Tao and Mari ran over to her. “Mhi Ha! Are you alright?”, she asked the girl, who placed her head on the shoulder of the other woman. It was a beautiful girl dressed like a dancer. Brown hair covered in silk veils and golden decorations of cherry tree branches and peacock feathers. She tried to calm the girl. “It’s alright.”, she told her with her soft voice. “Where is that pig!”, Mari yelled and looked at Lu Bu, “If he touched her I’m going to tear his heart out and feat it to himself!!” The giant man turned around. Tao gazed in shock at him and placed his heavy hand on Mhi Hayoli’s shoulder. The young woman was crying and tried to cover her ears in fear. Lu Bu stretched his arm towards Umi Mari, holding Dong Zhuo’s head in hand. She gazed at his insufferable face and stomped towards him. “He’s dead.”, Lu Bu said and smirked, “But you can still cut his heart out if you like.” She punched him against the chest and wished to slay her sickle into his face. “Damn you, you bastard!”, she muttered angry, “I wanted to slay him! If he did something to my girl, I wanted to beat the blubber out of his hide until I could drown him in it!” “He did not touch us.”, the unfamiliar woman calmed Mari’s mind, “Lord Lu Bu saved us from him.” “Diao Chan…” Mhi Hayoli embraced her brother and wanted to leave this place. “Huh… So this is how tyranny ends…”, Mari said and looked at Lu Bu, “…with me owing you this time…”

Dong Zhuo has finally met his end at the hands of Lu Bu. Umi Mari owed him the safety of her nestling Mhi Hayoli, who was spared from the tyrant’s greed. The palace fell in disarray and soon the officers raced for control. Those loyal to Dong Zhuo forced Lu Bu to leave Chang An. Umi Mari, Tao and Mhi Hayoli decided to follow him. Meanwhile the unrest spread. The alliance between the noble warlords crumbled. Most of them distrusted Cao Cao’s intentions. Soon the pressure upon him rose and his loyal officers started worrying. Month had passed and Xu Chang finally felt home to them. But soon their preparations and peace was disturbed once more. In the Yan province another rebellion arose from the ashes of old times. When word arrived that the rebels were remnants of the Yellow Turbans, Cao Cao responded and led his troops to battle.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:25 am

Edit: It's Li Dian's fault! XD

Along the road Xiahou Dun and a group of soldiers were scouting the area. With them was Pai Quan, who joined Cao Cao’s forces to help her chosen grandfather. She bounced joyful in front of them and made Dun sigh in regret. Her clothes had changed since she joined Hanleng and his Lord. She is wearing a bluish west with a thick fur collar. The arms were protected by shiny metal gauntlets packed within a cocoon of blue silk veils, which fell along the arms like long sleeves. She was wearing blue pants with yellow ornaments stitched into the legs. The cloth was similar to Hanleng’s cloak. Her boots were simple leather. Pai Quan carried two swords around a yellow cloth belt. Something that looked more like a blanket bound across the waist. Over her left shoulder hung a wooden bow and a leather quiver filled with arrows. Suddenly a small group of rebels turned up on the road. They pointed their spears at them and yelled in hope to scare them off: “Hold! This is our territory! What do you want here?!” Xiahou Dun came closer placing his Podao on the left shoulder. He smiled at them confident, seeing fear in their eyes. “Hunting tigers.”, he answered and soon after they ran up the road and vanished behind a hill side. Pai Quan spied after them and turned around. “You like doing that, right Uncle Dun?” He sighed anew and shook his head. “For the last time, I am not--.” Their little conversation was interrupted as the two men came back with a huge muscled man. “There they are! Go! You show them!” They ran off again and left the man standing in front of the four armed people. The guards pointed their spears at him. Pai Quan was amazed how bulky that one looked. Dun was also quite impressed by his stature. The man was bald. His head would have fitted five times upon his shoulders. The plating was chained over the massive body. Shoulder plates, gauntlets and boots were made of steel. The chain forged of iron. His pants were slightly torn and worn off. He scrubbed his head annoyed. “Man, they feat me once and now they want me to fight all their battles.”, he muttered irritated and tried punching Xiahou Dun. The officer dodged backwards and threw his Podao in the dirt. Pai Quan moved aside and pulled the soldiers back as well. “Move, move. Uncle Dun needs space.” Xiahou Dun provoked the strange giant to come at him once more. He wished to engage him in a fair fist fight. The two started fighting and Pai Quan cheered the officer on.

Meanwhile back in the camp of Cao Cao, the group prepared for the assault. Five men were standing around a table in the middle of the main tent. One of them was Cao Cao himself. Along him there were four others. “It’s really hot today...”, Hanleng moaned. The old wise one leaned on a table, looking over the plans for the attack. He gazed at Xiahou Yuan left to his side and another, heavy armored small man to his right. “So far it seems simple... But I guess you wish to have your place on the frontline, Cao Cao.” The two looked at each other and Hanleng could see Cao Cao’s determination. He sighed and smiled exhausted. “Oh, well... You can’t go on alone, can you, my lord?” “I second that thought.”, Li Dian, the other member on the table agreed with Hanleng’s doubts, “I’ve got a real bad feeling if you would go by yourself, my lord.” At that moment Pai Quan jumped into the tent and waved at them all. Xiahou Dun followed her and looked at the rather absentminded officers. “You’re back, cousin. How did it go?”, Yuan asked and placed his strong hand on Dun’s shoulder. He spotted the giant behind him, who rubbed his aching cheek. His cousin pointed over his shoulder and led the ogre of a man into the tent. “I was hunting tigers, but I found something else. He’s strong and would be a good bodyguard.” Pai Quan nodded. Cao Cao walked around the table and looked at the rather perplex man. His serious gaze seemed to bother him somehow. “Good. He’s hired.”, he said and walked passed him. The giant looked confused and turned around to him. “Just so? I am you’re bodyguard now?”, he asked with his raw, barbaric voice. “You come with the best recommendations...”, Cao Cao answered and turned around to look at Hanleng, “Unless my second recommender has doubts.” Just now every eye seems to stare at the old wise one. He didn’t turn his gaze at anything but the map on the table. He sighed slightly and pushed himself up. For a moment he waited before turning around. His eyes stared into the man’s face and he flinched in a chill. Leng examined the strong one and wondered. “What is your name?”, he asked. “Uh...Dian Wei, sir.” “Punch me.” Every ear thought it misheard that. “What?”, the giant asked unsure if he had heard right. “Punch me.”, Hanleng said again. “But...” “When I give orders, I want reactions, Dian Wei. Now, punch me.” Hanleng grew more serious and determined, the more Dian Wei hesitated. “What are you---“, Dun was interrupted by Hanleng yelling at the giant. “Punch me, you coward! Now!” Finally Dian Wei reacted and hit Leng straight in the face. The old one flew over the table and ripped tankards, map and daggers off with him before landing on the other side. His back hit the ground and the other officers wondered if he was alright. Pai Quan placed her hands across the mouth in shock and hoped her grandpa wasn’t hurt. “Grandpa!” The wise one clawed on the table and crawled back up on his feet. The heavy armored man came to him, trying to help him up, but Hanleng just lifted his hand. “It’s alright, Master Cao Ren. I’m fine.” Hanleng stretched his back and touched his chin and mouth. This punch was extremely painful. He tasted the blood and felt its warm touch upon his lips. Smiling, he spit it into the corner and walked up towards Dian Wei again. He stared at him joyful and giggled. “Hehehe. I like him. He can stay.” With a light clap on the shoulder, Hanleng left the giant and followed Cao Cao towards the base gate. “They are your commanders?”, Dian Wei wondered. Yuan nodded and crossed his arm. “Yes, they are. You should get used to it.”, he said smiling. Pai Quan followed her grandpa. She walked beside him and listened to his conversation with Cao Cao. “Hm... A strange way to evaluate a person’s capability.”, his lord wondered and caressed his beard. The mysterious one laughed and rubbed his jaw with both palms carefully, watching not to cut himself with his claws. “I guess it is. Hehe... But it is worthwhile...and quite painful.” The three stopped at the gate. Dian Wei ran towards them holding a big axe in one hand. The iron blade had the height of his torso and was thick as a blades handle. “Well, we should go now. Is everyone ready?” Pai Quan nodded excited and pulled her swords out. Two long needles of steel with the handles wrapped in blue scarfs. “And you stay close to us, understand?” Hanleng gazed at Pai Quan. She smiled and nodded once more. “Okay, grandpa.” He sighed and shook his head. “I wonder where I got the reputation of being old...” The doors were opened by the guards. Cao Cao raised his sword and voiced the call to arms. The soldiers rushed outside and the battle ravaged over the plains.
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Okay, sorry - this took a while. I had to find the rest of the story buried on my external harddrive XD I actually had to play the whole scenario 4 times and watched one LP to get this right, so enjoy :D
EDIT: And after all this work, everything was thrown out of the window, because of DW8 and Li Dian!! So enjoy! :D

The Doors opened and Cao Cao’s forces engaged the rebels on open farmland. The sun was unforgiving to the warriors joined in this fight. Hills surrounded the ruins of small houses. A village probably lost to the chaotic wars that spread across the land. “We shall assimilate the remaining Yellow Turbans into our forces. Go and defeat their leader!”, Cao Cao ordered his men. He, Hanleng, Dian Wei, Pai Quan and Li Dian entered the field of battle through the southwest. “Our scouts say that the leader of this rebellion is a large and powerful man.”, Hanleng explained and charged into the first front of enemies, “Be sure to keep your guard up! Dian Wei, stay close to our lord. His safety is now in your hands.” “I will not let you down, my lord.”, the big ogre assured him. Pai Quan and Li Dian stayed close to Hanleng while Cao Cao and his new found bodyguard followed shortly after them. The three front line officers cleared up the assault of the peasant warriors. Li Dian fought off the rebels with his strange fanged wheel pole. Pai Quan never saw a weapon so odd looking. “This thing looks so weird.”, she muttered and bounced across the frontline like a rabbit, “It’s as weird as it’s user, I guess.” “I am not weird.”, Li Dian told her and fought off another wave with the help of Dian Wei. The big man scared most of the soldiers right away. The old man enjoyed himself and defeated fighter after fighter. Hanleng’s martial art battle style impressed not only the frightened foes around him. “I think I'm in love...”, Li Dian said and gained an awkward expression by the old man. “What?!”, he asked seriously disturbed. “Uhh, forget I said anything!”, Li Dian promptly answered. Hanleng grabbed a rebel, who tried crawling off to safety, and threw him at Li Dian, making him fall over. “Focus, you idiot!”, he scolded him. Hanleng jumped up, performed a front flip, hitting the ground with the heel and shattered the spears of five approaching warriors. They fell back and stared at him frightened. Li Dian stood up again and rubbed his head. “Ouch... Sorry.”, he muttered, stood up and joined the fight again. Cao Cao was somewhat amused by the little friendly infighting of these two. He stayed close to Dian Wei, who literally yelled his foes into submission. Pai Quan danced across the farmland and swung her swords like a whirlwind. She was glad to be helpful. “There’s a tingling sensation in the back of my neck. Somebody strong is nearby...”, Li Dian muttered. The girl looked at him confused. “Maybe it’s a spider crawling up your back?” Hanleng laughed, but he also felt somebody strong closing in. “He’s not fantasizing, my dear... There is somebody strong coming.”, he assured her, “Perhaps we have gained his attention...” “Good...”, Coa Cao was pleased. A rebel appeared behind him, yelling: “Come on!” He had a huge sword and charged at him, but Dian Wei was there to defend his new found lord. With three swift slashes he disarmed the man and forced him to retreat. “I let you go for now! Don’t think you’ve won!!” Further to the southwest, from a small pathway, a man came carrying a big club of iron. That man was as tall as he was wide. It stunned both Dian Wei and Li Dian and surprised Hanleng and his granddaughter. “Are you the ones that’ve been trampling my crops? I’ll make you pay!”, he yelled with his chubby, nearly adorable voice. “Well, this is an expected yet unexpected sight.”, Hanleng had to admit. “I knew it!”, Li Dian said and promptly had to dodge the big guy’s club. The man had a most childish and innocent expression on his face. He moved quicker than one would think. The club of iron was a heavy ball shape, decorated with the head of a Bull. It buried a hole as it hit the solid, dry ground. Li Dian back away from him a little. “You’re the strongest guy around here.”, he said with realization, “I don’t like my chances against you!” “Leave this to me!”, Dian Wei said and charged at the big guy. Two ogres of men now fought with each other and the audience of soldiers around them were stunned by the might of these two. Countless attacks, slashes and strikes flew by and they beat across the farmland. Hanleng stood with Cao Cao, keeping an eye out for archers and any foot soldiers trying to take advantage of this duel of giants. Pai Quan stayed close to him and Li Dian watched closely as Dian Wei gained the upper hand and forced away the big man. His loyal soldiers rallied to his side and blocked off the way for him to retreat. “Wow, you’re pretty strong.”, he acknowledged, “I’d better leave for now.” He turned away and vanished within the thick lines of warriors blocking Cao Cao’s way. “Curses! He escaped!”, Dian Wei muttered and waved his axe angry. Hanleng assaulted through the troops of men and cleaved a path for his lord towards the drawbridge. He pounced at it and lowered it from their side. On the hide of the bridge’s fall, he jumped over to the other side and lowered it, too. “Come on! Let’s press on!”, he yelled and started wrecking up the next group of soldiers. The others followed him over the bridge. Cao Cao looked at his four officers. “That must be the man.”, he told them, “He is too good to serve as a Yellow Turban. Be sure to capture him alive.” The four nodded and pressed on.

A messenger came to them and reported them that nearby peasants told him, the enemy leader was resting within the garrison. Unsure of this Hanleng decided to take a look with Li Dian accompanying him only. He did not wish to endanger to many men. However, Cao Cao insisted on taking Dian Wei, Cao Ren and Yue Jin with him into the Garrison, while he Pai Quan and Li Dian press on to the northeast. Hanleng was quite unsettled by this decision of his lord, but he knew that there was no way he could change his mind. So he and Li Dian, together with Pai Quan, kept the enemy forces of the east at bay. “They’ve fallen into our trap! Quickly close the gates!” As Cao Cao and his men entered the Garrison, the soldiers closed the gates and trapped them inside. “He’s not here!”, Dian Wei yelled. Hanleng heard them, but the gates with the gates closed and enemies surrounding them, he had to rely on the strength of Cao Cao’s guardians to keep him save. “Now! It is time we put an end to these vile animals of the Han!”, an officer appeared from the east with a strong force of soldiers. “Damn it!”, Hanleng muttered and bite his lips. “This oughta teach you to stay away from our land!” Pai Quan kicked a stone at his face, which he blocked, but letting himself open for her incoming arrow. She stood at the back and aimed for the soldiers while Li Dian and Hanleng engaged in close combat. “How is this land yours, fools! For you have stolen it from another!” Hanleng was angered by his foes statement and attacked them even harder and more forceful than before. It scared the weaker members of the rebel forces and Li Dian managed to overwhelm them with another smaller group of soldiers. The gates opened at the garrison. Nervously Hanleng spied over to see if his lord was alright. Yue Jin and Cao Ren left the Garrison first, followed by Dian Wei and Cao Cao. A sigh of relieve fled Hanleng’s lips and he concentrated back on his task. Together with Li Dian and Pai Quan they took the central Garrison and pressed on towards the east. “Onward, men!”, Yue Jin rallied the forces, “Don’t give them an inch!” United again, Cao Cao and his troops pushed the Rebels back to the top of the northeast hill. The ruins up there seem to be another ambush point, so Hanleng thought. “This time, I go first!”, he said and ran after the fleeing soldiers. Li Dian and Pai Quan chased after him, too. An officer appeared and charged with a large group of men towards the three. “This is our chance! Charge the enemy! Show them the strength of the Yellow Turbans!”, he yelled and raised his swords for the sky. His men charged towards the three. Li Dian pushed the first front back and Pai Quan jumped right into the next one. “What’s this?”, Li Dian muttered worried, “I have a bad feeling about this place. This situation is nothing like the one we came across before.” Hanleng looked around and tried to find the source of his comrade’s eerie feeling. He spotted archers coming to the walls and realized that they tried to snipe them from above. He saw some barrels standing underneath them and let luck play this time. “Oh no, you don’t!”, he yelled and stomped his feet on the ground once, while pushing the arms towards his hips. Water shot out of the barrels and up the wall scarring the living hell out of the enemy archers, making them loose footing and fall of the wall. Li Dian was stunned and looked at him. “Stare later, Li Dian. We have still work to do.”, he answered, waving his hand. Another Messenger caught up to the group. “We have received word from our scouts! The leader of the Yellow Turban rebels is on the western mountaintop!”, he reported. “Huh... That could be good or bad...”, Hanleng said. “This time, he won’t get away!”, Dian Wei assured him. Cao Cao looked up to the garrison on the mountaintop and nodded. “Hmm... That man should be here. I want us to rush in there and capture him!” The others nodded. “As you command, my lord.”, Hanleng answered and the soldiers moved out. Every attacker was pushed back by the massive force of Cao Ren, Hanleng, Li Dian, Yue Jin, Dian Wei and Pai Quan. The officers did their utmost to guide their lord up the mountain and towards their target. As they stormed the garrison, they found a man among the last massive troop of rebel soldiers, but it was not the one they have seen before. “It is not the man we are looking for...”, Cao Cao sighed disappointed, “No matter. He is a leader of these Yellow Turbans and is therefore worth defeating. Hanleng nodded and pointed at both Li Dian and Yue Jin to get the job done. He and Pai Quan were moving towards the south entrance while Cao Ren and Dian Wei guarded the east entrance with Cao Cao. The two warriors engaged him in combat and forced him to surrender quickly. “O-Okay! I’ll do whatever you want!”, he begged like a coward, “Please, just don’t hurt me!” Disappointed in this man’s attitude, Hanleng sighed and stretched his shoulders annoyed. “Uh... Another worthless coward... ...begging for his life... ...like a dog...” “We have achieved our goal.”, Cao Cao notified his men, but he was simply not satisfied with this, “I wonder, however, who was that man?” “Who knows?”, Hanleng wondered himself. Suddenly he felt the chill going down his spine. He pushed Pai Quan to the side. “Whoa!”, she yelled, falling to the ground, only seeing her grandpa getting knocked back by a giant iron Bull. Hanleng flew over Yue Jin and Li Dian, landing straight in a field behind them. “Urgh...”, he tried pulling himself up. He held his back and struggled standing. “Argh... By the heavens! That...hurts!!” He fell to the ground again. Dian Wei stood before the attacker, who was the one man he had battled before. “Ah! You again!”, he yelled with his chubby, gullible voice, “Trampling all over my precious crops! You’re gonna pay for this!” Again he and Dian Wei engaged in combat. Pai Quan quickly moved out of the way. “This time you are not getting away!”, Dian Wei assured him. Li Dian and Yue Jin helped Hanleng up again. “Argh! Why always in the back!”, he complained with a jesting smile. Cao Ren stood with Cao Cao. Both walked to the three and made sure that the old wise one was okay. Dian Wei fiercely tried to get the upper hand and pushed the big one slowly in a corner. The two fought honorably. Slashes and strikes decimated the walls and crates of the base into dust. Finally Dian Wei managed to push the big guy back. Exhaustion was painting their expressions. Both Li Dian and Yue Jin stood beside Dian Wei to make sure that he wouldn’t escape. Another push by Dian Wei caused the man to tumble and fall to his knees defeated. “You mustn’t...”, he said, fighting for breath, “If this keeps up, we’ll all go hungry.” He climbed back on his feet, ready to fight to the last. It impressed each of the officers. His persistence was amazingly strong. “Trampled by fighting, the fields and the people will starve! That’s no good!” Hanleng smiled at the man and wondered what decision his lord would sentence upon him. He could see that even the officers understood him and were lost for words to answer. Leng, who finally could stand on his own, looked at Cao Cao walking towards the big man. “So... You were fighting to protect these crops?”, he asked him. Pai Quan now realized that they were really destroying so many plants and crops. The damage was large in this base, but surely even greater outside of it. She felt sorry and ashamed. Hanleng touched her head and nodded at her smiling. He, too, felt the weight of this man’s sorrows and worries. “But try as you might, you cannot win.”, Cao Cao explained to the man. His tone was apologizing and friendly, “Your fields will be trampled in the end, no matter how many times you fight.” The big man took his club up, ready to fight again, but he also was unsure if this will ensure the safety of his fields anymore. Doubts clouded his mind as much as hopelessness. “So...so... what should I do?”, he asked Cao Cao and dropped his club again. Cao Cao placed his hand gently on the iron ball of this man’s trusted weapon. Hanleng came to his side and looked at them both with a smile. “Join our cause.”, Cao Cao proposed to him, “Fight to end this chaos, and to make the land rich and fertile once more.” Still unsure, but with a glim of hope rising within his eyes, the man asked Cao Cao: “If I fight with you, the war will end? Everyone will get fed?” He looked at Hanleng, who answered him with a nod of his head. “That’s right.”, Cao Cao assured him, “Come, join us!” The man dropped the handle of his club and smiled happy. He turned away from Cao Cao and Hanleng, waving at the remaining Yellow Turban rebels, who watched him from afar. “Hey, everyone!”, he yelled with a joyful expression, waving his hands wildly in the air and then pointing to Cao Cao, “From now on, we fight with these guys!” “So you’ve decided yet, Cao Cao...?”, Hanleng wondered and looked at him. His lord nodded and turned towards the south gate of the garrison. “Yes.”, he answered, “The right people are in the wrong places... This is why chaos spreads... And I will bring order to it...” He left under the guide of Cao Ren. Li Dian smirked at this awkward joy raised from beneath the heart of war. “What a marvelous day...” “Huh?”, Pai Quan wondered and looked at her grandpa, “Why?” The wise one gazed up into the clouds that finally revealed the sun upon these war-ravaged fields. He closed his eyes and enjoyed her gentle touch. “Such a marvelous day... I never knew how reviving the sunlight’s warmth can be...”

Soon after Cao Cao quelled the rebellion, he became ruler of Yan Province. In addition, he welcomed all of the Yellow Turbans who had surrendered into his ranks and established the Qing Province Army. They became the main unit of Cao Cao’s forces. Hanleng and Cao Cao decided to give the barren lands that had suffered from Dong Zhuo’s tyranny to the Qing troops to tend as farmland. This earned them the loyalty of the people. However it caused another problem to arise. Seeing this move, the warlord Yuan Shu immediately understood the threat that Cao Cao would one day become. But before this new barrier arose, Cao Cao received the news of his father’s death...
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby Aygor » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:45 pm

That was a nice read thank you! :D
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Aygor wrote:That was a nice read thank you! :D

Glad you like it ^_^ But this story is far from over :) Thanks for all the support and to Striga for helping me with my crappy english so far XD

EDIT: Curse you DW8 for being so awesome! XD

Within a small, dark chamber, Cao Cao sat on a chair close to the darkest corner. He held a scroll in his hand, the sword rested close to the back wall and his head leaned against the other. He denied showing himself in front of his men like this. Rain... He could here rain splashing against the roof and the wall outside. Cao Cao closed his eyes and wished to waken from this painful nightmare. “I’m sorry...”, someone spoke to him. Cao Cao opened his eyes, the hand grabbing the sword, but his eyes spotted nobody in the room. Was he imagining? But again the voice spoke to him. “I wish I could’ve done something...” The voice came directly from the other side of the wall where he was sitting. The voice seems to be Hanleng. “I told everyone to leave me be...” “I couldn’t...” Leng stood outside. His robe was soaked and he kneed before the wall as if he was facing his lord. “Leave, now!!”, Cao Cao yelled, bashing his fist against the wall. No answer, no word reached his ears this time. Was he gone? Or was he still sitting there in silence? Leaning against the wall again, Cao Cao listened to the rain and drifted into memories of his father again. Anger started to swallow his heart. Time flew by with the rain strengthening and the heart burning for vengeance. Cao Cao punched the table and took his sword in hand, leaving the room for the courtyard. Dian Wei and Xu Zhu followed him as he stomped outside. “My lord...”, Dian Wei muttered with worries. “I will not accept it!”, Cao Cao yelled and approached both Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan in the courtyard, waiting underneath the sheltering roof, “I refuse to live underneath the same heaven with this rat!” “Was that what you told the old man?!”, Yuan asked. Worries and confusion marked his glare. Cao Cao wasn’t sure what he meant. “The old man took his horse a while back and left for Xuzhou province. He... ...his look... ...the look in his eyes... ...it was like he wasn’t even present anymore... ...Like darkness has taken his mind...” “What?!” Cao Cao was confused. He didn’t tell him anything about this. “Get the men. We will follow immediately. Xiahou Dun, you shall stay with Xun You, Pai Quan and some others. I will take Cao Ren and this man, Guo Jia, with me.”, he ordered and left for the stables.

“Leng... What are you planning? What are you hiding from me?”

Soldiers patrolled the walls of Xia Pi. The clouds were thick here and hung heavy over the mountains. The city of grey rocks was covered with snow. The guards and soldiers were already heavily present in the field. As if Tao Qian expected an answer of violence to his crime. The men patrolled the area. Suddenly the gentle snowfall grew more aggressive. One of them heard a horse in the distance. He spied over the field, but could not see anyone. His comrade looked at him confused. Suddenly a needle of ice pierced through his head. Shocked the other soldiers stumbled backwards and looked at his comrade breaking down on the ground, with the spike stuck in his skull. The sound of cracking ice drew his attention over to the nearest hill. The call of a horse shattered the eerie winter storm. The black beast crossed the hill and charged into the soldiers. On its back Hanleng was sitting. He swung his hand towards the men and scattered sharpened ice spikes across the field. An arrow rain they did not expect. “Ah! Help!”, they screamed, but each voice was numb within the old man’s ears. “Die!”, he yelled with fury, “You all shall die for the pain you caused my lord!! I will not allow any of you to stand breathing!! None of you deserves a place underneath the same sky as him!! Die!!”Hanleng jumped of his horse and into the front, mowing his way through the countless men, women and young lads in front of him. Many lives ended that moment, but more and more soldiers came to cripple his movements. “Begone! Out of my way, you spineless weaklings!!” The soldiers surrounded Hanleng, trying to force him into submission. Sudden shouting caught there attention, however. And then a flood of men charged at them. Cao Cao and his soldiers had arrived on the battlefield. Dian Wei and a young man came to Hanleng’s aid. Together the three managed to clear the way. “Seems we came just at the right time, my lord.”, Dian Wei said with a smile presented to Hanleng. The old man looked surprised and partly ashamed at them. “Dian Wei... Guo Jia...” The young man with the bright brown hair and sweet youthful smile nodded. His skin was quite pale and the eyes looked tired. It reminded Hanleng much of himself. The young man was armed with a blue staff he held careful yet strong within his grasp. “A most noble gesture of you, Master Hanleng. Coming all this way alone... You must truly like Lord Cao Cao.”, he stated and punched an approaching soldier aside. The man was dressed in a fine silk robe, white with golden ornaments. His pants were tight and blue in color, vanishing inside his long boots. “There is nothing noble within me...”, he was answered with a grim glare, “If I could have foreseen this, his father might be alive today... I owe my lord a gift of apology... Tao Qian shall pay dearly for this...” Three guards ran at them, but were stopped by Cao Ren, who rushed to their side from behind them. He pushed them away like straw puppets with his massive crane shield. “As we all.”, he answered Leng then, “Our lord is suffering and we suffer with him. But where his sword can’t reach and his shield cannot protect, we will stand vigilant. Let us go forth and end this!” Hanleng smiled bitter. “Agreed...”, he said and joined Dian Wei and Guo Jia in the assault. “Tao Qian will surely have laid a trap for us.”, Guo Jia pointed out with excitement, “Let’s go and see what it is.” Dian Wei ran through the soldiers, shouting like a wild bull. “Watch this, my lord! I’ll help you avenge your lord father!” The three hurried over the battlefield that was conquered by Cao Ren, Xu Zhu, Li Dian and Yue Jin. The soldiers fought hard on each side. Close to the cliffs, the entrance towards Xia Pi, an old officer was getting in their way. “You’re no match for my age-old tactics.”, he stated and threw several thin, sharpened plates at them. Hanleng answered this with a wall of hardened snow he pulled from the ground with a raised motion of his right hand. He jumped over it and engaged the old strategist, who never saw such wizardry before. The wise one performed a front flip and used the momentum to cleave his spiked boot’s end right through his skull, ending him without great struggles. “Alright. Who’s next in line?”, Dian Wei asked and scared the soldiers into retreating. “We have no choice against these guys! Retreat! Retreat!!”, the commanders yelled and pulled back. The three chased after them, shortly followed by the rest of the forces as they made their way towards Xia Pi. “They’re retreating... I have a bad feeling about this.”, Guo Jia muttered. Hanleng nodded agreeing and looked around for possible archers atop of the hills. Between the tight cliff walls, the warriors of Cao Cao engaged a massive stone dragon statue. Three massive dragons with golden-like eyes stared into the canyon, like silent protectors. Both Hanleng and Guo Jia had a strange feeling of danger. As the army approaches, the dragons began to move and opened their vicious jaws. Stones rained down on the warriors forcing them to retreat back. Soldiers got squished by the massive boulders and fear spread amongst their ranks. “Urgh... I’ve never seen such things before.”, Cao Ren stated and ordered the soldiers to back away. “They’re spitting out boulders. We can’t get through here...”, Xu Zhu stated frustrated. Hanleng and Guo Jia eyed over the construction and tried to figure out a way to stop it. “I expected that the enemy would be ready for us. Now, I need to find some way out of this mess.” Guo Jia sounded more intrigued and excited about the situation. “You are truly a strange one, Guo Jia... Much like Cao Cao...” “I take that as a compliment, my lord.”, he laughed at Hanleng. Suddenly a lout shout reached their ears. Massive catapult were fired from atop the cliffs to the south. Both Hanleng and Guo Jia could hear them clearly. Dian Wei had some trouble with that. “Hm... That might be useful.”, Guo Jia said, “Let us proceed to the southern cliff, my friends.” “But...the only way there is behind this trap.”, Dian Wei mentioned. Hanleng looked up to the dragon heads and counted down. He sighed slightly. “Well, I can get a handful of men through here, I guess... But it is a tight run.” “Run?”, Dian Wei asked. “Run.”, Guo Jia answered. “Cao Ren, you and the rest of the force stay where you are. Guo Jia, Dian Wei and I will go and deal with this thing. Be ready.”, Hanleng ordered and ran underneath the spitting dragon heads. He pushed the snow in form of a pillar upwards. “Run! Now!” he yelled and both Guo Jia and Dian Wei followed him swiftly. Two more times he performed these maneuvers and guided them safely to the other side. The pillars broke instantly behind them as they passed the heads. It was a tight shot indeed. “Pew... I’m getting to old for this...”, Hanleng bickered. The three followed the group of fleeing warriors. Hanleng was fastest of them and caught up with the enemies first. “You maggots!”, he yelled and cleaved his claws through their armor, shattered their spears, swords and shields with ease. With a wave of his hand he lifted the snow and smashed the soldiers against the cliff walls. Both Guo Jia and Dian Wei were quite surprised and slightly worried about the rapid changes within Hanleng. The three continued along the way up to the southeast and then southwest. Numerous soldiers blocked their path, but Hanleng slaughtered them mercilessly to clear it. On top of the cliffs southernmost side, the three heard an annoying laughter. “Hahaha! Eat this! We will finish you all at once!”, it went on as the catapults cranked their arms and fired boulders down at Cao Cao’s Main Camp. “Ahh, look what we have here...”, Guo Jia spoke with delight, “This is just what we need to use against the enemy.” He smiled over to Dian Wei and clapped him on the shoulder. “Master Dian Wei, could you be so kind as to seize those catapults for us?”, he asked. Dian Wei looked a bit confused and pointed at these wooden monsters. “Huh? Catapults? You mean those things over there? Okay! Leave it to me!” He pounded on his chest reassuring, swung his axe once to frighten the weaker enemy soldiers away as he approached one of the catapults. “Never!”, the Commander yelled and pulled out a giant two-handed sword from his back, “I won’t let you take these catapults from us!” He raised the blade in order to cleave his adversary in half, but at the highest point a shard of ice shot over Dian Wei’s shoulder and right through his chest. The commander fell backwards into the snow and died. Guo Jia and Dian Wei looked at Hanleng who had pointed his left hand at the very point where the man had stood just a moment ago. He let his arm slowly slide down lifeless and sighed. “Huh...What a pain...”, he muttered and his eyes were glowing sharply. For a moment his gaze reminded Guo Jia more of an animal, a savage beast, than a human. He scared the soldiers off who yelled ‘devil’ throughout their hastened retreat. “Would you be so kind and give me a hand?”, Leng asked and his gaze softened again. He walked up to one of the catapults and start pushing it. Dian Wei went over to help him and Guo Jian stood atop of it. “The catapults won’t reach from here. We need to take them to higher ground.” Both Dian Wei and Hanleng pushed the catapult with all their might while Guo Jia made sure that no enemy would disturb them. “Whoa! This thing is heavy!”, Dian Wei muttered and Hanleng agreed laughing bitter. Through the snow and passed roots and boulders, they managed to get the catapult to the opposite site of the spitting dragon heads. “Okay, we should be within range now. Let’s destroy those infernal devices.” But a group of soldiers from a nearby outpost charged out at them. Dian Wei bashed right into their front. Guo Jia laughed slightly. “Well, seems like it is up to us, Master Hanleng.” “Alright.”, the old one answered, “First something to shoot with.” He grabbed a field bottle from his belt and poured water over his gloves. Then he threw the empty leather bottle away. He circled across the snow below his feet and raised the white layers, forming them into a ball. The water enclosed the globe and froze instantly. “I guess we will need three of these...”, Hanleng muttered and let the water lift the ice rock onto the catapult. Guo Jia measured the distance and angles for the shot. “A little left.”, he ordered and Leng pushed the catapult in place. The first rock flew and destroyed the dragon head completely. Rubble was falling down. Cao Ren pulled the forces further back as the head was falling to pieces. Two more times Hanleng created icy rocks and turned the catapult to Guo Jia’s measurements. The way was clear now and Cao Cao’s men pushed forward again. Dian Wei had decimated the enemy ranks tremendously up on that hill. The three joined together and pressed on as well. With the main force right behind them, they moved towards the south again and then to the east. Their way was leading through a thick forest. Right away, Guo Jia knew that something was going on as they bashed through the bulk of enemy soldiers. “A forest...”, he muttered and looked around, “It is almost rigged with some kind of trap. Can you go and scout ahead, Master Hanleng?” The old wise One nodded and sprinted down the way. The snow was giving him no problems. It was like he was carried by it. He hastened through the undergrowth and found a small pathway leading north. Silently he jumped into the treetops and traveled from branch to branch. Hidden in the forest was a small encampment of soldiers, surely an ambush troop. He snuck right over their heads and fell right between them, scarring the focused soldiers half to death. Meanwhile Guo Jia and Dian Wei pressed on and came to a wide open street leading north. As they followed the way, they found themselves regrouped with Hanleng. Corpses of soldiers and officers were scattered all over. The snow was drenched in blood as were the walls and doors to the side of each base. It was even dripping freshly from his claw gloves. The blue of his coat was tainted by the blood of his victims as well. “Ambush troops...”, he said with an eerie, cold voice, “Not a problem... Now to the real prey...” He turned away from them and moved towards the gates. The guards shouted and yelled ‘devil’ in fear as he approached. They rushed and opened the gates, fleeing in terror of this adversary. “The castle gates are open.”, Guo Jia told the men, “We should go in and offer our greetings to Tao Qian.” The troops gathered in the southern part of the castle city. Houses and market stands were covered in snow. An unwelcoming silent was covering each street, so the force decided to split up and then regroup in front of the castle’s main street. Suddenly a new group of warriors stood against them. “You’ll never reach Lord Tao Qian!”, their obvious leader yelled at them from atop the wall, “Prepare to die!” The soldiers surrounded them and aggressively attack them from every side. “Rrraaah! I refuse to allow you to take another step forward!” “They try to bunker us in!”, Dian Wei shouted mad. Hanleng charged into the approaching menace and went on a killing spree that was even shocking to watch by his allies. His gloves and boots literally buried themselves into the faces of the enemy soldiers. Tao Qian saw no other option but to flee. Through a closing gate, Hanleng could see the villain mount a horse. “Tao Qian!!” “Hey! Wait right there, Tao Qian! I won’t let you escape us!”, Dian Wei yelled after him as the gates closed. The soldiers of Tao Qian died one after another. They were captives of Hanleng’s deadly combat. His fury grew as he realized that the primary subject was fleeing from him. “Get back here, you coward!”, he screamed with anger and killed the soldiers trying to follow him to the north. Suddenly flaming arrows hit the roofs of the city and everything started to set ablaze. Hanleng backed away from the fire quickly in a motion of fear. Guo Jia was most intrigued by him. His devotion and emotion was unlike any men he had seen so far. “Curse you, you coward!!”, Hanleng yelled and joined the others, “We have to get out of here!” “He’s hoping to burn us up along with his castle? He’s crazy!” Hanleng shook his head furiously. “He’s long dead to me! A dead man and I shall make this vision reality today!” He ran towards the west end of the castle city. “Master Hanleng!”, Guo Jia yelled after him, but he did not listen at all. Anger was starting to cloud his mind. “I will not fail! I will not fail!”, he only muttered as his steps carried him to the west gate. “Run, my lord! We’ll hold off the enemy here!” An officer faced Hanleng at the gate, trying to stop him from going any further. “Get out of my way, maggot!!” He pounced at the warrior and pushed him and five of his men against the gate. The power behind this leap was so strong that it smashed open the doors. Hanleng rolled into the snow and quickly stood up again to continue his path. The officer however grabbed his boot, piercing his fingers and palm, refusing to let go. “Let go!”, Leng yelled at him and tried to pull himself free, “Let go, I say!” His anger grew fiercer and he punched his claws into the officers back. Each finger penetrated through the armor and got stuck. He pushed himself free and ripped the wounds open. He gasped exhausted, but still went on to chase after Tao Qian. The generals of Cao Cao worried as they heard the cries of despair arising above the cliffs to the north. ‘Devil’ was always ringing along their fearful voices. Yet they followed and hoped to reach Hanleng as soon as possible. Hanleng raced after the fleeing Tao Qian. At the crossroad base he finally caught up to him. “You are not getting away!”, Leng shouted at him. Tao Qian rushed through the west gate on his steed. As the wise man tried to follow, the gates started closing on him. “Close the gates!”, someone ordered. Everything came to a hold before his eyes. His heartbeat was all that he heard. Like in trance he lifted his arm quickly and shot an icicle from his glove. It passed barely through the closing door, leaving Hanleng clueless about whether he had hit his prey or not. “No!”, he shouted, “Curse you! Curse you all!!” He began slaughtering the soldiers and officers until he hit a man with a helmet. He punched him in the face and ripped the helmet down. The man collapsed and died slowly after. His face shocked Hanleng into a complete stand. This young lad was looking much like Cao Cao used to when he was younger. “Look out, Master Hanleng!”, Cao Ren shouted and charged into two soldiers who tried to pierce the old man with their spears. Everyone had come and forced the attackers back. Hanleng broke down on his knees, the eyes fixated on the corpse before him. Cao Cao arrived as well and grabbed his comrade by the arm. “Hanleng...” he raised his head hastily and stared unbelieving into his lord’s face. Once more he looked at the corpse of that man and he now realized that this was not Cao Cao. Exhausted and frightened he was sitting in front of everyone. Cao Cao recognized that look in his eyes from a long time before. “Forgive me... ...Cao Cao... I failed yet again...”, Leng muttered with tears in his eyes. “No...”, Cao Cao answered, “You did well...” “What about Tao Qian?”, Guo Jia wondered. “If he’s lucky, he’s already dead by now. If not than either my icicle gave him a severe wound or...did not even touch him...” “Either way, he was punished. He lost everything today.”, Cao Cao stated and helped Leng up, “Leng... You did well, as did everyone today.” Hanleng looked at his lord puzzled and frightful. “Why? Why does it not feel right? Why...am I so...scared...? Why do they see it and you cannot?” He wanted to place his hands upon his face, but he realized that they were soaked in the blood of his victims. “Why am I sickened by myself? Why? ...Aaaaaargh!” He fell to his knees again, with no answer reaching his mind. Snow started falling once again and even though they achieved victory, nobody truly felt like celebrating. Soon after returning to the main camp, they retrieved word of Lu Bu headed for Puyang and Xiahou Dun. Quickly they packed up and returned to the city. Hanleng, Yue Jin and Xiahou Yuan hurried on alone to arrive at Puyang.
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby Striga » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:18 am

MhiHayoli wrote:
Aygor wrote:That was a nice read thank you! :D

Glad you like it ^_^ But this story is far from over :) Thanks for all the support and to Strega for helping me with my crappy english so far XD

Your English has gotten better, but now you can't type my name D:
Also, languages such as English should be capitalized.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration