A land in Chaos - DW/RoTK Fan Fiction novel

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Re: A land in Chaos - DW/RoTK Fan Fiction novel

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:59 am

Trust me - we're just scratching the surface on Hanleng and his intentions :D There's yet more to come!

“Let's go, my lord. You wanted to see me perform on the battlefield, right?”, Hanleng said and took the lead. Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan followed him with their troops. “What about the volunteers, old man?”, Yuan asked him. “Don't worry about them. Lord Liu Bei is in save care and my major obligation is fulfilled. So now I can concentrate on performing for my Lord Cao Cao.” “I still don't trust your intentions, Leng.”, Dun said and kept a close eye on the mysterious warrior. He just laughed anew and continued running up the mountain. “I wouldn't want you to do so, Lord Xiahou Dun. It's what makes you even more fascinating.” “What?!” “Ahh... . Don't mind my rambling, my Lord. Hahaha.” The four approached a road surrounded by high cliffs. Yuan spotted the enemy up ahead. “There they are!”, he said and aimed for them. His arrows jumped off the bows string, but they got caught up in a strong wind. “What the--?!” The gale was so strong, that the horses and soldiers had to back away. Hanleng stood firm in front of the edging storm. First his expression turned surprised and slightly angered, but then it fell back into a mood of disappointment. “Hanleng!”, Cao Cao shouted at him and woke the man up. “Hm?”, he wondered and looked to him, “Oh, sorry. … … . I should stop dreaming with my eyes open. Ah, this fighting and running makes me very sleepy. Hahaha.” He went silent for a moment and listened to the preaching of the commanding officer atop of the mountain road. “The heaven has blessed us with the forceful winds! None will pass our barrier! Repent!” This ridiculous talk soured Hanleng's mood rapidly. “Imbeciles... .” He took a close look at his surroundings and spotted a path in the south along the mountain side. A small group of soldiers went that way. “My Lord.”, he addressed Xiahou Yuan, “Could you keep the enemies eyes on this road? Meanwhile master Dun, Lord Cao Cao and me will try finding a way around this obstacle.” “Huh? Uh. Sure.”, Yuan confirmed. “Good. Then let us do so.” Hanleng, Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun followed the path to the south. Meanwhile Xiahou Yuan and the remaining soldiers kept the rebels busy. “Follow me.”, Hanleng told them and took the lead. He ran fast. Even the horses of his Lords had some trouble keeping up with him. The mountain turned in a half circle and ended in some sort of canyon and a dead end, so it seemed. Leng reached the other group of soldiers. They were led by a man with white spiky hair, wearing a red cape with the symbol of a tiger on it. He was accompanied by a young man. “Looks like we have to climb our way up, father. Think you can handle it, old man?”, the jumpy youth laughed. He spotted Cao Cao and his two soldiers approaching. “Huh. Looks like someone wants to race with us.” He lifted his wooden Tonfa, ready to take any challenges. “Easy, Ce.”, the white haired man said quite delighted about his energetic spirit. “Ah... . You're Sun Jian.”, Hanleng greeted him. The man stared at him a bit puzzled and surprised. “Uh... . Yan?” “Huh?” Both started confused at each other. The boy broke it however. “Ha! I nearly thought that, too.”, he said, “But he's a bit smaller, I think. And his body is not quite as masculine like Huoyan. But their faces really look alike.” Hanleng was curious and slightly enraged, but he didn't give his cool and friendliness away. “Sorry for the misunderstanding, friend. You really look like someone I know.” “I...see... .”, he answered the old man and spied interested at the figures of those two. “Hm... . Well, sometimes even I get surprised.”, he said and laughed, “Maybe I should visit this ...Huoyan... someday.” “Concentrate on the task, Leng. We're not here to chat.”, Dun reminded him. Hanleng waved his arm slightly disapproved, but he knew that he was right. “Yeah, yeah. Well, as far as I can tell and if my knowledge is not deceiving me, you must be Sun Jian, no? Known as the Tiger of Jian Dong.” He turned his gaze towards the boy and nodded slightly. “And that must be...uh.... ...Sun Ce... . Right? You're eldest son?” “Impressive.”, the man said, “You're right with that.” “Yeez. Another creepy old geezer.”, his son answered on that. “I don't know how I've got the reputation of being old.”, Leng laughed and looked at the cliff in front of them. “Ah.”, he said while investigating the stones, “Wonderful. Perfect for some climbing. And the best way for a well-placed sneak attack.” “I doubt that it will be that easy.”, Sun Ce said to him. “We have wasted enough time.”, Dun muttered angry and rode his horse straight through the gap between the two. “Right he is. Let's go.”, Sun Jian said and started climbing and jumping up the small edges on the cliff. Stones on the sides provided enough space for him and his son to climb together. “He's a fast one.”, Leng laughed and let Dun go first. Then he and Cao Cao followed, leaving the horses with a small troop of soldiers. The five warlords gathered together on the cliff and moved onward. “Sneak attack. Sneak attack.”, Hanleng sung very excited, “Oh, how I love sneaking up on others.” “Damn, you really are creepy, old man.”, Sun Ce said and followed him. The two took the lead, but didn't charge too far. On the road they found a group of rebels guarding the way, but they were few in numbers and only one officer accompanied them. Sun Ce rushed straight at them and punched the commander down. His father came to his side. “What the--!!”, the rebels started rambling confused, “Where did they come from?!” Hanleng approached the ambush. He jumped up and started swirling in the air. His arms were stretched up to the fingertips. Again Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun saw this strange glint. Like water drops dripping from Hanleng's claws. As he landed on the ground, stopping spinning, the rebels started to fall one after another. It was like something hit them so hard, that they couldn't stand against it. Several rebels began to bleed from little holes in their shoulders, arms, legs and even in their faces. This was surprising, even for Sun Ce. “Whoa! How did you do that?!”, he asked completely overwhelmed. “What?”, Leng asked as if he was confused and smiled at them, “I didn't even touch them. Hahaha.” “That's the second time now, Leng! Damn it, what in the world is this?!”, Xiahou Dun yelled at him, sick of his foolish charade. “I told you.”, he answered and turned away, “You must fight and survive, my Lord. Then I will answer... .” Sun Jian was quite curious about Hanleng. His eyes followed the man and he felt his heartbeat pushing against the armor. “Let us go. I want to see how far their so called magic can get.” Hanleng ran forward and passed a crossing. He snuck pass the eyes of the rebels. They were occupied by Xiahou Yuan and the rest of the forces down the cliff. “Perfect.”, Sun Jian nodded and kneed beside Sun Ce. The two looked around a boulder, giving them some cover. Leng agreed and looked to Dun and Cao Cao beside his side. “You want to see more, my Lord?”, he asked them and smirked slightly. His gaze turned to Sun Jian and his son. “May I have the pleasure, Lord Sun Jian?”, he asked and the tiger agreed, much to the disappointment of his son. Hanleng stood up and walked a little bit back. He turned around and looked at the boulder. “Ready?”, he asked and went into a charging position. He then ran forward and kicked the boulder with full speed. The rock lost its hold on the cliff and rolled straight into the rebels. The confused commander tried to dodge it and lost control of his wind spell. The gust lost its strength and the alliance forces finally started moving again. Sun Ce and Hanleng jumped off the cliff, straight into the confused and frightened horde of rebels. Xiahou Dun and Sun Jian followed right after. Cao Cao was still watching Leng. His agile movements and terrifying skills were more surprising then he imagined. “Onward!”, one of the alliance commanders shouted over the raging battlefield, “Only Zhang Jiao is left!” Sun Jian and Sun Ce followed straight ahead. Xiahou Yuan rejoined his cousins and the strange man, Hanleng. Some of their soldiers brought their horses, too. “Come on! We're going to miss all the fun!”, Yuan said eager. Dun climbed on the back of his horse and Cao Cao jumped from the cliff onto his one. “Let's go!”, Cao Cao ordered and they went off to the top of the hill. “Right behind you, my Lord.”, Hanleng smiled again and followed his lords.
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Zhang Jiao's end is there! Many thanks for all the support so far and for all the help ^_^ Enjoy!

The alliance forces pushed the rebels to the top of the mountain. A giant building surrounded by towers and hill peaks were their last hiding hole. The rebels grew in numbers as the alliance forces worked their way up. On the front line four soldiers beat a path through the enemy lines. The four were Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei and Umi Mari. “Good going, girl!”, the ruff warrior praised the woman. She dodged the strikes of her foes swift like the wind and hit back harder each time. “Same goes to you, guys!”, she smirked back, “Didn't thought you had it in you.” The four were joined by Hanleng once again. “Ah! Master Leng!”, Liu Bei spotted him first as he entered their battleground. The man turned around while throwing a rebel over his shoulder. “Ah, Lord Liu Bei. I see you're well. Good!”, he said friendly. “Did you manage to see your Lord to safety?” “Yes... . Yes, indeed I did. Thank you for understanding, my Lord.” Leng kicked an approaching rebel away and send him flying into an assault group right behind him. Several riders passed them, heading for the hills top. “If it’s alright with you, Lord Liu Bei, I would like to stay with my Lord Cao Cao. I am a little...concerned that he might get hurt... .” Liu Bei shook his head and smiled back at the man: “You don't need to ask, master Leng. I really admire your loyalty to your lord.” Guan Yu and Zhang Fei looked at the man with a slightly suspicion, but it faded fast as they listened to Hanleng further. “I thank you, my Lord.”, he said and smiled once more, “Yes... . My Lord Cao Cao is very precious to me. Hm... . I only could compare this value with the one you might share with your brothers, my Lord.” He started laughing slightly and scrubbed his hair embarrassed. “Hahaha. Talking about that makes me feel awkward somehow. It's a little bit embarrassing.” He waved at them and followed the way up. “Seriously, he's one strange guy.”, Umi Mari mentioned a bit curious and looked at him leaving. Leng ran after the others. Soon he caught up to Sun Jian and his son. Both were accompanied by several soldiers of Wu. He could separate them from other forces because of their red bandanas. There also were three officers he didn't meet yet. An old man with marvelous muscles all over. He looked even stronger than he looked old. Only the white hair and beard gave Hanleng the idea of seeing him as veteran. There also was a younger man with gentle eyes and an observing gaze. Brown hair, a strong grip around his sword, but still he seem to look for guidance at the tiger’s side. And there was a girl, too. She threw sharpened rings of metal with such elegance it mesmerized Hanleng a little bit. “These must be the forces of Wu.”, he thought, “The old man must be Huang Gai, one of Sun Jian’s oldest and most loyal officers. The girl is fighting quite well and her speed and accuracy is impressive. I'm sure that must be the daughter of the tiger. And that boy over there is surely Sun Jian’s youngest son, Sun Quan.” “Old man!”, he heard someone calling for him. It was Xiahou Yuan waving him over. “Come on! Don't fall asleep now!” Hanleng watched the tiger’s children once more before he speeded up and overlapped them. The two ran side by side now. Yuan on his horse and Hanleng by foot, “Man! What have you eaten that you can keep up with a horse?!”, Yuan asked surprised as he spotted the mysterious Hanleng at his side. “Haha. My dear Yuan... . If you wish to reach new heights, one’s soul must suffer ages to understand the strength both body and spirit truly holds within.” “Can't you just talk straight once?!”, Yuan complained and looked forward. He spotted Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun joining with Sun Jian at the top. The three ran towards a platform. “Damn! Because of you we'll be late for the fun!” Hanleng smiled at Yuan and ran even faster. The two caught up to the rest and walked up the platform. A man with a yellow robe was standing before them. He smiled devilish and victorious, as if he was the one winning. His black, untidy beard didn't show much, though. He started levitating in the air, right before their eyes. It was surprising for the soldiers in the back row and moralistic for the rebels. “Fools. The time of the Han is finished! The heavens have chosen to bring judgment to the unbelievers. The way of piece can't be struck with swords or spears! Repent or burn in the wrath of the heavens flame!” As the man spoke this, the ground started being covered by fire. It swirled and danced around him, but he didn't get burned. Sun Jian just smirked at his try to frighten him. “Ha! I'm not afraid of fire!”, he said sturdy. Xiahou Dun looked a bit puzzled, but not afraid of the magician. “Is this...??” “Yes, my lord.”, Hanleng confirmed, “That must be Zhang Jiao. Our...root of evil?” “Root of insanity would be more fitting.”, Yuan laughed and got his arrows ready. Cao Cao turned to Leng and gazed around. “This must be some kind of trick again, right? How is he doing this?” Hanleng was quite delighted about the bravery and clear minds that accompanied him here. “Marvelous, my Lord. But not quite right yet.”, he said and stroke his claws over each other. Cao Cao looked at him confused. Suddenly Hanleng jumped at him and dragged him off ground. He saved him from a burst of fire engaging from the corners of the platform. “You must stay focused, my Lord. This is no trick.”, Hanleng said very serious this time. He gazed around, stomping on the stone to prevent the flames from reaching Cao Cao. The other three dodged as well as they could, but there was no room for an attack. Sun Ce hurried to his father’s side. “Father!”, he shouted, but he had to turn his eyes to someone else. “Sun Ce!”, Hanleng shouted at him, “Take down that brazier next to you! Quickly!” The tiger’s son listened well and acted quickly. He smashed the brazier over the edge of the platform. Suddenly one corner was freed from the hunting flames. “It is no trick!”, Hanleng explained lout so that they all would hear it, “He uses the braziers on each side to focus the magic at one side, so he could spread it as he pleases. Destroy them and his power is limited to his own body again!” Dun understood and attacked the brazier right next to his position. Sun Jian smashed one from the platform as well and the last was kicked over by Sun Ce. Finally Cao Cao was saved again and Leng could concentrate on his foe. “This...this is just another trial of the heavens!” The group of officers surrounded Zhang Jiao. Hanleng looked at Cao Cao. His look was serious and very cold. “It's over Zhang Jiao!”, Sun Ce said confident, but Hanleng was the one stepping up against him. It was most to the disapproval of Sun Ce, but Sun Jian held him back. “I will face you, Zhang Jiao. It will be interesting to see...if your...magic can...compare.... ...with mine...” While he said this to the rebel leader, Hanleng lifted his hand till it reached the forehead. Water was dripping out of the metal gloves and his boots started to smoke. It was a chilling feeling for the other officers. Like the air on the ground started to cool down. “Impossible!”, Zhang Jiao shouted and waved his staff at Leng. A stream of fire appeared in front of the staff and engulfed the mysterious servant of Cao Cao. The officers had to back away a bit, but that chilly feeling did not vanished at all. Suddenly the flames separated and they saw Hanleng whirling around himself. His movement had cut the fire and hurled it around. When the flames stopped he stopped circling around as well. His serious face now looked a bit disappointed. “Is that all?”, he asked cold, “How boring... .” He jumped at his foe and slashed his hand up as he passed by. The officers were sure to have heard something. An indescribable crunching noise. Zhang Jiao looked at his staff. There was a little droplet of water on it. He didn't watch out for Leng that moment and missed his next move. Hanleng turned around and the heel of his iron boot hit the staff right at that point. The water started to freeze rapidly. The force of Leng's kick send the rebel leader on the ground and his body got frozen to the stone. All but his face were covered in a blanket of ice. Leng placed his boot on top of the hunch, right were the staff was. The rod had snapped in half. The moment it broke was now caught in a picture on the little ice field. Hanleng stared down at the freezing and frightened man. “You--! You--!!”, he whispered afraid and angry, “What are you?! Wearing the face of a man, but there is a demon behind this eyes!! You--!!” Then the old man started to laugh. Hanleng was a bit surprised by this reaction, but his cold cool glare never faded once. “Hahaha.”; Zhang Jiao laughed quiet, “So strong! So wise! And yet I can see a spot of darkness holding you! What is it that you hide? What did you saw in the future? In your future? Hahaha!” These words disturbed Hanleng and made him back away from the rebel leader. Cao Cao approached him and placed his hand on Leng's shoulder. The shocked reaction was not what he expected. Leng stared at him as if he searched for something, with deep worries suffocating him. “Leng?”, Cao Cao spoke to him, but there was no reaction at all. Xiahou Dun ended the rebel leader, Sun Jian and Sun Ce rejoined with their friends and family, but even the tiger was curious about that man now. Hanleng sighed deeply and clapped on Cao Cao's shoulder. “It's nothing...”, he said quite puzzled and exhausted. His liveliness was gone and that had even Xiahou Dun worried. His cousin looked after Hanleng and placed his bow aside. “Something is not right or is he maybe just exhausted? For real this time?” “I don't think so.”, Dun answered him quite disturbed. “Me too.”, Cao Cao agreed, “Just for a moment, he...looked somehow afraid...”

The battle was finally over. The rebels had dispersed and their leader was dead. The alliance forces were victorious and their leaders left for home. Hanleng was sitting on a boulder down at the foot of the hill. He looked puzzled and worried. The sun was setting down and his mind couldn't calm. “There you are, old man!”, a familiar voice woke him up. He looked to his side and spotted Umi Mari. “Oh, so you're still alive, my friend.”, he said and tried to be friendly and jokey again. “Of course I am, geezer.”; she answered a bit sour, “Such rebellious fools can't compete with me.” “I see. So what brings you here? You sounded like you were searching for me, noble Firestorm.”, he laughed. His attitude seems normal for the woman. She couldn't spot a difference. “Don't tell me you forgot what you promised me, old man?!” Hanleng laughed and hold his hands up defending. “Of course not, my dear.”, he said smiling and jumped of the boulder. He went towards the woman and pulled a little piece of paper from behind his ear. It surprised the woman a bit and she had to laugh. “Ha! You really do like doing stuff like that, huh?” Leng nodded and smiled: “Well, it’s part of who I am.” He handed the paper over and started explaining. “It will be a trial of sort. I hope you belong to the patient ones. Listen well... . Go to Chao Ge. Stay there one day and leave the town to the north. Pass through Ye Cheng and travel further to Wei Jun. Stay there three days and buy one peach from a merchant of Shang Dang, who will visit the place. Stay till night and make your way to the Gu Pass. Bandits will attack a small village north of the Gu Pass. There will be only three survivors. Three women and the girl we saved today will be among them.” “Wait! What?!”, Umi Mari asked quite confused, “Why shouldn't I go straight for that place?” “If you do, you'll die along them... . I want to prevent that.”, Hanleng said and smiled very confident, “But I am not finished yet. You have to stay with these women. Protect them with your live. Go to Shang Dang with them and stay there. Words of Emperor Ling's death will soon reach you. Still, you have to stay in Shang Dang with them. Listen to the peoples talk and soon you'll hear about a man named Lu Bu, who will have killed his stepfather and lord of Shang Dang. Follow his trail to Luo Yang and I will meet you there. If the women are well that time, I will take you to the strongest warrior known to all. If you also happen to have hold of this little piece of paper, I'll even let you duel him. Don't open the paper or I won't accept it back.” “Hm... . This stuff is all kinda creepy, old man.”, she had to admit, “Are you some kind of fortune teller?” Leng laughed at her and pushed the paper on her palm. He then left her side and walked towards the camp. “My, my. I am just an ordinary...old man. Hehehe... . Don't forget. Do not open that paper... . I only accept it back if you didn't opened it first.” The mysterious man left the Firestorm. His laughter was still echoing over the hill.

The Yellow Turban Rebellion had ended, but soon new problems and even greater chaos took place. Like the man once told the emperor – it was only the beginning... .
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 am

Chapter 2 – "The strongest Warriors of China"

After the yellow Turbans Rebellion, Cao Cao and his cousins returned to Luo Yang. Hanleng on the other hand left the capital soon after. - I need some time to rest. If you really are in need for answers, come visit me at my home, Xue Tong. Follow the river north and east at the branching. Follow it until the cold claims the water. Search for the spring’s touch in the snow and you may find me there.- so he wrote his lord in a letter. It didn't took him long to follow the man. Cao Cao left the capital together with his cousins. They followed the instructions Hanleng gave them and after three days of constant travel, they found Xue Tong...

“Wow...”, Yuan said at awe. “So that's where he lives?”, Xiahou Dun wondered. Cao Cao couldn't believe his eyes. The three looked at a small house in the middle of a snow covered mountain side. The river was frozen solid and the cold unbearable. Even their fur clothes couldn't warm them much, so they thought they were hallucinating. There was a small garden in front of the house. The roof was covered in snow, yet the garden was filled with blooming flowers and a beautiful cherry tree grew there. The grass looked fresh green and there was the smell of mint and tea in the air. It was like some kind of surreal dream. A little red wood house with a garden that images the spring season. The three took their horses over to the house and bound them on a bench standing in front of a pond. The water was not frozen here and as Yuan touched it he felt that it was warm. “This is where the old man lives?”, Yuan asked more than surprised, “This is crazy!” “Now I'm more curious.”, Xiahou Dun said and looked at the front door. It was slightly open. Snow was blown from the roofs edge. It was a very odd sight for Cao Cao, yet it was beautiful beyond words. The three entered the house. The entrance hall and the living room were filled with wooden furniture. A table, a cupboard decorated with little glass like sculptures, several silk veils hung from the roof, a bookshelf covered the left side and white flowers and scrolls were lying on the ground. The three spotted someone sleeping on the table. As Cao Cao came closer, he stopped himself from calling out to that person as he realized it was Hanleng. His hair wasn't bound together and he was wearing a white Yukata with blue flower ornaments. His face was half covered by his arms and the Yukata's long sleeves. The hair went over his cheek and forehead. One could hardly recognize him at first. Not even Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan. Both had to look closer, too. The three decided to let him sleep and wait for him to wake up. Time passed by and the mysterious man still slept on the table. Each of the man was curious and wanted to ask him many questions, but neither of them could bring themself over to wake him up. The sun was setting and finally Hanleng woke up. First he stretched his limbs before opening the eyes. His gaze moved to Cao Cao's direction. “So you came...”, he said hollow. His eyes still looked very tired. He spied around and spotted Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan in the back of his living room. “I am impressed... .”, he then said smiling, “You're really ambitious, my lords... . Welcome at my little Xue Tong... .” The three wondered at his words. Was he not expecting them to come? Was he thinking that they would give up? “You owe us some answers, Hanleng.”, Xiahou Dun got straight to the point, “Do you always avoid others curiosity that way?!” “Is this one of your questions, master Dun?”, he asked laughing and stood up. Leng walked over to the door and opened it wide. He held his hand outside and caught the snow that was blown from the roof. He looked like a picture from a silk painting. The three gazed at him curious as he started explaining their former questions. “I once said that I remove the obstacles of my lord’s future... . You remember that, Dun? It is how I said it back then... . I am here to serve my lord in any way possible... .” He closed his eyes, but didn't move a muscle. It was like he was frozen in place. “The water you see me use in battle... . That's one of my abilities... . It's my gift from birth... ...and my curse as well... .” “Ah... ? A curse?”, Yuan asked a bit hesitating. “Yes... . But there is only little I can tell... . Only that out there are two similar to me... .” He silenced and took his hand back. He placed it on his chest and clawed around it, like he wanted to prevent his heart from beating. “Are those the two you spoke of?”, Cao Cao wondered, “Those you have to kill?” “Yes.”, he answered and remained silent again. Hanleng sighed deeply and seemed to force himself to smile. “I always talk in riddles...”, he answered the former questions further, “But riddles speak so much clearer than thrown words... . And the last I recall... ... ...I am but a man... .” He looked outside and spread his arms wide. “A man, I am... . And a two side mirror... . On one side the calm, friendly and sometimes irritating 'old man'... ... ... . The cold, dedicated, heartless warrior who hungers for destruction...on the other... .” He smiled outside and didn't turn around to them. His arms embraced his body and the fingers clawed on his back. “I'm so jealous of you all... . To be able to have questions... . To be able to ask them another one... . To be curious over such things... . It's so admirable... .” “You must feel foolish listening to us rambling over everything you do.”, Xiahou Dun said and wondered even more about this man. “Not at all... .”, he said and finally turned around to them, “I feel quite sad, because I have to limit my answers to you.” “Why is that?”, Cao Cao asked him. “Hahaha... . As always. You ask quite hard questions, my lord.” Hanleng moved back to the table and sat down. His three guests joined him. The man tried to think of the right words. “I try not to disturb the future I saw... .” “Hm?” “It's quite complicated... . One who knows what happens always tries to disturb the evil and tragic... . But would it be good? ...Sometimes evil and tragedy has to happen... . Sometimes death must take beloved friends to ensure the good fortune of the future... . If one death does not occur...it may get worse for others in the time after... . ….” He realized that his explanation wasn’t really good. He tried to think of a better one. “… ...Let me put it that way. If you know when you would die, my Lord, would you try to change that?” Cao Cao nodded to that answer. “Even if it would cause others, like your cousins harm? Would you even dare to defy death if it would cause an entire kingdom to fall?” “Whoa, what?!”, Yuan asked surprised. “I see.”, Cao Cao seemed to understand, “But how do you fit into this, Leng?” “It was your fault for waking me up, Lord Cao Cao.”, he laughed and smiled at him. Dun and Yuan couldn't really understand this. “Waking you up? But we didn't?”, Yuan complained a little bit angry. “I don't speak of today... . This was on the day I first met Lord Cao Cao. The day I opened my eyes...for the first time in ages... .” Cao Cao recalled this day very well. Even he had to smile slightly about it... .

Many thanks to Striga for all the help with the corrections!
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm

The story about Cao Cao meeting Hanleng - Corrections by Striga

Thanks for reading! =D

It was several months before the yellow Turbans had risen. In the streets of Luo Yang's market, the merchants offered their goods to the people. It was a nice warm spring day. The sky was clear today and birds sang over the busy city of Luo Yang. Cao Cao was patrolling the area and watched the lively crowded street. A man was walking beside him and both held the reins of their horses. The man beside Cao Cao was caressing his short beard. He was dressed in finest clothing. An aura of nobility emerged from him. Several times they passed bowing peasants on their way. “Looks like another calm day, my friend.”, the man said delighted. “Indeed, Yuan Shao. It looks that way.” Cao Cao wasn't sure about this calmness. He stayed alert and watchful. Suddenly a woman's scream caught their attention. On the streets crossing before them, a man ran with a bundle in his hand. “Thief! Someone help!”, the woman shouted and tried to catch the fleeing man herself. Cao Cao and Yuan Shao jumped on their horses and started the pursuit. The man tried to outrun them by passing through narrow sideways and small passages between the shops. He looked over his shoulder twice, smirking in the belief of outrunning them in the next street. But in a sudden moment one of the merchant on the side stood up quickly and forced his open palm against the thief's belly, pushing him backwards and sending him flying to the ground. The thief stared up to the man who stopped his escape. It was a small guy with dark skin, black long hair and a dark Yukata. His robe was decorated with pictures of hills and falling leaves. Around his head he had wrapped a very dark blue veil. It nearly was black like the night sky. The thief realized that the man had his eyes closed. He jumped up and tried to wrestle the man down, but the merchant dodge his punch and kicked the thief under the chin. The man flew backwards and landed in front of Cao Cao's and Yuan Shao's horses. As the bundle came down from its flight, the merchant grabbed it and walked by the thief. Yuan Shao and Cao Cao surrounded them both and the woman, the man had stolen from, also approached. Yuan Shao and Cao Cao caught the thief who cramped in pain on the ground and the merchant handed over the bundle to the woman. He did not say a word nor accepted her thanks. He only bowed before the lady and went back to his store carpet. The people stared at him, but he did not care. He ignored their questioning, their praising, laughter and shouting. Cao Cao was curious about this man, but he had no time yet. The two officers thanked the merchant and took the thief to the guards’ house. He seems to look at Cao Cao, but his eyes were closed and he still didn't lose one word.

The next day, Cao Cao was taking a stroll through the merchant area. He looked for the man from yesterday, but he couldn't find him. No one saw the mysterious merchant since the commotion with that thief. Every day after he tried to find that merchant again. He asked around, but no one knew him and only few ever saw him more than twice at the market. Yuan Shao couldn't understand the interest of Cao Cao in that guy, but he did not ask. He thought of him as dangerous and even as spy. He warned his friend, but Cao Cao did not care about it. On another day of patrol, about twenty days after their first encounter, Cao Cao finally found the merchant in a shady spot at the end of the market. He walked up to him and looked at the strange merchandise he offered. Beautiful jewelry like he never had seen before. Little sculptures of animals and humans. They looked so real and alive that it frightened him slightly. Cao Cao sat before the merchant’s carpet and looked over the goods several times. “Hm... . These are fine wares you have, merchant... .”, he started talking with the man who didn't move one muscle. If he wouldn't hear his breathing, Cao Cao would have thought that he was dead. “What kind of jewel are these?”, he asked and took a pendant in his hand. The stone was quite beautiful. Clear like glass and shaped like a drop of water. The chain that held it was engulfed by its whole end. The jewel looked like it grew like a leaf from it. Cao Cao turned the stone around in his palm. It started to gain colors. A crystal blue whirl filled its core. A play of icy tints like he never saw before. Cao Cao looked at the merchant, who started giggling. He smiled at him, but his eyes stayed closed. “Is that the reason why you had searched for me, my lord?”, he asked him with a cold, shivering voice. “...No... .”, Cao Cao answered quite surprised about it. The voice didn't fit the face of that young man before him, so he thought. “I was curious. You’re merchant, ready to leave his store unprotected and protecting the belongings of others. A man that comes and goes like the rain, yet never talks and never stays long... . It's what I have heard of you... . It made me curious.... .” “I see... .”, he answered his guest, “And now you found me... . What now?” Cao Cao got the feeling that this merchant was no ordinary man. His question caught him a bit off guard and he did not know what to answer. It took him some thoughts and a little bit of courage to ask the mysterious merchant. “I have seen that you have potential, my friend. Yet I am not sure if you're willing to lend it to someone. And I am not going to ask it of you. All I want to know is how much it would cost someone to gain your loyalty and service. And the time may come that I will be able to pay it to you.” This answer surprised the mysterious veiled man and he smiled even more delighted. “You know little of me and only see me acting once, my lord... . You don't know what I am or what I think... . I could be a devil or a demon... . I could be the death under this hood... . You still...would take me to your side... ? You would trust me?” “Yes.”, Cao Cao answered him without any hesitation. The merchant laughed slightly and then pointed at the pendant. “Take it. Keep it with you, my lord. I won't charge it. And if it's still with you when we meet again, I shall see... . This...will be the prize to pay... .” Cao Cao looked at the pendant. He was curious about this offer, but also a little bit suspicious. It took him awhile to think, but he decided and nodded agreeing. He thanked the merchant and went on his way.

The merchant had left Luo Yang. No one saw him again after this. Cao Cao visited the market everyday possible and tried to find that man again, but he failed. Two month passed and no word or sign of the mysterious man. Cao Cao was sitting together with his cousin Xiahou Dun. He stared at the pendant the merchant entrusted him with. It hasn't lost beauty or purity. It still looked like the day he received it. “What you're looking at there, Cao Cao?”, Dun asked and came over to him. He gazed at the stone at the end of the chain. It was a pretty strange jewel. He never saw something like that. The blue color just swirled inside the stone shape and became even stronger the longer he looked. It brightened to the sides and became similar to glass on the edges. “That's a strange stone there, cousin. Where did you get that?” “It's...from a friend... .”, Cao Cao answered, but he hesitated for a moment. The longer he looked at the stone, the more it made him feel uncomfortable. The months passed and winter came to Luo Yang at last. The roofs and houses were covered in snow and the street twinkled with the wide robe of snow. Cao Cao and Yuan Shao patrolled the market again. The two walked along the street and listened to the many chatting voices around. Cao Cao still had the pendant by his side. He never gave it to someone nor did he took it off. It was like someone was watching him all day. It started to frighten him. His thoughts were interrupted as a merchant started shouting. “Thieves! Help!!” A group of three men ran across the market. Each patrol group started chasing them. Yuan Shao and Cao Cao picked on of them and followed him across the streets. Suddenly the man panicked and threw his stolen goods aside. He grabbed a nearby passenger and threatened to cut his throat. The two officers had to stop and walked around the thief. Both readied their weapons, but the captor yelled at them: “Weapons down! I kill him! Listen! I will kill him!!” Cao Cao looked at the hostage and was most surprised. It was the strange merchant who gave him the pendant. He smiled at Cao Cao and still had his eyes closed. “Let the man go, you scum, and we may show mercy on you.”, Yuan Shao demanded, but his comrade was not reacting as aggressive. “Give it up. Even if you kill him. It would change nothing.”, Cao Cao told the bandit. “You think I'm fool, noble bastard! Throw your weapons down or I kill this--!!” “You have such a nice voice, my lord.”, the merchant started to talk to Cao Cao, “It's so clear... . So determined and strong... .” “Shut up, man! Or I cut you open!!”, he got yelled at. The merchant smiled at Cao Cao and the pendant started glowing. “You still have it? Surprising! I thought you might have thrown it away already or that it might have driven you crazy.” He laughed slightly at him. It was a strange situation. Cao Cao never expected something like this. Not only did this man not fear to die, he even laughed while a bandit held a knife straight at him. “I promised to keep it save.”, he answered and wondered what might happen. “Shut up! Damn it! Both of you, be quiet!! I'm serious!! I will--!!” Before the thief could end his yelling, the merchant grabbed his arm, unarmed him and send him on his back. He took the knife and swirled it in his fingers before throwing it down next to the thief's head. The man shrugs and crawled shivering to the wall. The merchant approached Cao Cao, while Yuan Shao could just watch this awkwardness. The mysterious merchant bowed before Cao Cao. “Give me back that pendant, my lord, and I...will give you...the future... .” Cao Cao was confused by these words. The man spoke in riddles and of something he couldn't reach or grasp. It took a little moment before Cao Cao gave him the pendant he had worn so long. It felt strange departing from it. For the first time he started to feel like he would give away his soul to someone. The merchant took it smiling. Suddenly he opened his mouth and bit the stone from the chain. It broke straight from its hold. Now Cao Cao saw the remaining pieces glittering in the sun like ice. They hit the ground and molten away, even in this cold. The merchant swallowed the big chunk of stone whole in front of the surprised and confused eyes of Cao Cao. He let his arms hung down and gazed to the ground. It was like a phase of deep slumber or meditation. It took a while till the man moved again. He looked up and straight at Cao Cao. Slowly he opened his eyes. It astonished the lord like nothing before. The gaze of this man was unbelievable familiar to him. Cao Cao remembered this cold and frightening feeling. It was the same feeling he had each time looking at the stone of the pendant. The eyes swirled in blue colors, just like the jewel he had eaten. “My name...is Hanleng... . And I hereby pledge my loyalty to you, my lord.. . And only you... . For there can be only one lord I shall serve to the death... .” The merchant named Hanleng bowed once again and smiled at Cao Cao. “You have a really nice look. It makes me feel like home... I'm pleased...”
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 pm

“And you still never lost this veil of mystery, Hanleng.”, Cao Cao answered him on his thoughts. “And I am still surprised that you haven't tried to get rid of me yet, my lord. Or that you still retained your sanity.”, he laughed. “I'm still unsure if I understand you correctly, Leng... .”, Xiahou Dun asked then, “You saw the future and you seem to meddle with it. You surely saw your own dead as well and you preach us not to concern ourselves with it. But what about you? Would you try to avoid your own death?” Hanleng smiled at him and pulled his Yukata stronger around his arms. “The truth?”, he asked back and laughed slightly, “At first I just wanted to stay away from all this. I didn't care much about anything... . Only my survival was important... .” He started to sound a bit regretful. His voice was not as cheerful as always. It was more like a well of sorrow and shame. “I tried to stay away from others and kept myself prisoner here... . ...To become open to such skill you must kill every mortal aspect of yourself... . You must be cold, silence... . Hollow... .”, he explained, “I came to Luo Yang only to trade my crafted goods and buy simple necessaries... . Food, clothes, tools... . I never spoke to anybody... . I never intended to get involved with all this... . I saw the death of people passing by... . I could tell when they would meet the darkest destiny one could think of... . And I didn't care... . I knew I would die eventually and so I tried avoiding it, by avoiding everything else... .” He stopped for a while and sighed deeply. His eyes seemed to look at something far away. Something that he wanted to chase and couldn't catch. “There are things worse than death... . Nightmares that hunt you, even at the waking hours... . Pain one never would've guessed to be real... . Sorrow...and pity... . I fell asleep to flee from it... . But I was wakened...and I felt so stupid... .” He laughed once more and turned around. His eyes looked at Cao Cao. “Instead of dying in loneliness... I found you, my lord... . Or more you found me... .” Hanleng seems to find this ironic in some way. His smiling and laughing was somewhat awkward, like he was laughing about himself. “Hehehe... . When you first spoke to me on the street, I finally stopped thinking about what will come next. I started to live the present time... . The here and now... .” He chased the gazes of his guests and tried to grasp them all. “It was new to me, back at that time... . I never cared about it. The future was all... . And your waking voice has shattered it. Like a mirror thrown to the ground... . And for the first time...I realized what it meant to be...curious... .” He went to the door, while talking and rose his arms at the snow. Then he let them fall again and his smile became more pure. It was a sincere happiness that covered his dark face. “And in one moment... . It mattered no longer... . Now the future starts to change... . And my time of reading it so clearly...also fades away... . It is like the snow of winter molten by the warm touch of the spring sun... . The only thing left is the memory of it all.” He turned around to the three and laughed at their astonished expressions. “Hahaha... . Now I've got you all confused... .”, he said and stroke his long hair aside, “Ah... . But it's true... . I can only prevent what I already know what will occur... . But I can't see new visions of what might be... . Not very clearly, though...” He smiled and his eyes looked very teary. Like he was about to cry in joy. “I am free...of this burden... . Thank you... Cao Cao... .” “You say you're free, but your ambition still chains you, right? What is it, Leng? What is your goal? Your ambition? Your true intention. I can't imagine that you wish to perish now... .”, Cao Cao asked the man and caressed his beard interested in his words. "It's not important what happens to myself in the future, Cao Cao... . If I can help just one person in finding happiness and safety before I die... . That would be enough for me... .", Hanleng said straight ahead. He chuckled slightly and looked at the surprised faces of his guests. “My, my, you look quite surprised.”, he said and smiled again, “Don't you worry... . I do not intent on dying soon... . I still have much to do...” He bowed before his lord and even Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan were quite taken by his words. “Even if I have already said it, so I wish to speak it again... . My lord... . Whatever it takes... . Whatever you desire... . Your ambitions are my... . And my loyalty is yours... .”

On this day Hanleng had sworn his loyalty to Cao Cao anew. He left Xue Tong and started living in Luo Yang alongside Xiahou Yuan, Xiahou Dun and Cao Cao. He revealed his talents to his lord, but kept them secret from others. Not long after emperor Ling died and the corruption in the imperial core grew stronger each day. The eunuchs placed the emperor’s younger son Shao on the throne and murdered grand general He Jin. After his dead, his loyal officer, Yuan Shao, siege the imperial palace and killed all eunuchs in the attack. The emperor and his brother were taken from the palace, but brought back safely by a man called Dong Zhuo. He seized power under the pretext of protecting the Han emperor. His power grew stronger as the legendary warrior Lu Bu came to Luo Yang and joined the tyrant. Dong Zhuo dethroned Shao and made his brother emperor. Cao Cao and his loyal followers played obedient, but even the patient Hanleng was driven to his limits. - I must wait and prepare for the new world ahead of us. -, he always told Cao Cao. His lord saw the unrest in his servant’s eyes, but he did not question his motives. Hanleng stood at the center of Luo Yang near the great pond every day. And his lord trusted in him and waited.

Thanks to Striga for all corrections so far ^_^
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:23 am

The mysterious Hanleng sat on the edge of the pond. The benches beneath the trees gave him shelter from the sun. He watched the peasants passing by. They looked at him with concern and fear, but stopped gazing as Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun came along. “So? Still waiting?”, Dun spoke sarcastic. Hanleng did not react on it at once. He just smiled and watched the glittering touch of the sun that hit the water. Cao Cao sat next to him and looked at the man. “What are you thinking right now, Leng?”, he asked him curious. “Nothing much, my lord...”, he answered giggling, “Just thinking of what it feels like to be like water...” Xiahou Dun rubbed his eyes frustrated. He knew that the man would answer like this somehow. Suddenly there was a commotion coming their way. Some soldiers ran after a black mare. It was jumping along the way and kicked around. “What's going on?!” Dun was slightly angered by the clumsy soldiers. Hanleng went straight up and walked towards the horse. The mare calmed as it saw Leng closing in. It went over to him and bends his head down to greet him. “My, my! Who we have here!”, he said as if he was surprised and petted the horse over the neck. “Stay heeeeere!”, a girlish voice came from back the street. The mare turned around and spotted the one shouting. It was a little girl with golden-like short pigtails in a blue robe. The robe was very familiar to Hanleng, Xiahou Dun and Cao Cao. It was the same that the mysterious man had when they hunted the yellow turban bandits. The girl came closer and stopped with a surprised glare at Hanleng. “Oh! So we meet again, my dear.”, he greeted her with a smile. The girl just stood there with wide opened eyes and stuttered something around. “You..you.. You're that man... That man from..” She jumped up all of a sudden and ran over to him happy. She embraced him close and bounced around like a bunny. “Yaaaaay!! Finally!!” “Whoa! Quan! Stay put! You're embarrassing, girl!”, Hanleng said and tried to free himself from her grip. Cao Cao and Dun just stood there confused. The girl released her embrace and took off the robe to hand it over to Hanleng. She smiled at him with her innocent, childish grinning and her green eyes twinkled like little gems. “Here! I always wanted to give it back to you, sir! I always kept it with me so I can give it back and thank you! Really! Thank you so much for saving my life! A thousand thanks!!” Leng laughed slightly and took the robe back. He scrubbed his hand above her head gently and smiled at her. “Oh, no need to thank me, dear. Remember? It was not your time to leave us...” “Leng? Who is that girl?”, Cao Cao insisted on an answer. “Oh, right. You did not meet her yet, my lord. This is Zh--” But the girl interrupted him and bowed before the man that was obviously someone important. “Quan, my liege. My name is Pai Quan. This man saved me once from the yellow turban bandits. And--” Another voice joined this nice conversation. Her ruff speaking was remarkable to the mind. “And now she's with me.”, she said and walked towards the little group. The soldiers did not get this at all. They stood around quite confused and more or less useless. “Sister Mari.”, the girl greeted the Firestorm. The woman looked at them quite sour. “Finally I found you, Miser.” Leng could feel the anger in her voice. He stayed calm, but waved his hand like he was struggling to answer right now. “Don't fool around or did you forgot the deal already, old man?” She crossed her arms before her chest and stared at him angry. “Deal?”, Cao Cao was quite curious about this. Leng smiled at him and turned over to the lady. “Well, I haven't, but you surely lost track of time... I was wondering if you had heeded my words or not... .” “I've done as you ask. The three are saved. Tao, Mhi Hayoli and, like you can see, Pai Quan are all save. You've got your horse and your robe back. I also have the paper with me and it’s not open.” “Wonderful.”, he answered at once., “Then show me.” His eyes started to glow with interest and inpatients. He was eager to see his work and her part of the bargain.

Umi Mari guided the group to a well in the residential area of Luo Yang. There was a woman sitting on a bench. Her long, braided hair with the color of the autumn fields was hanging from her left shoulder and she was polishing the Revenant's Blade. Her face was slightly dirty, like her clothes. She looked at the approaching group with her tired light brown eyes. The girl was dressed in peasant garments. Her hands had many cutting marks, but the skin looked soft and like silk. Beside her stood someone in a heavy, shiny silver armor. A fine one at that. The plates were all reflective and strong, yet it looked like the armor wasn't heavy at all. Blue scarfs came forth the plating at the waist backside and the end of the lower gauntlets. It looked like the protective gear of a noble man. One shoulder plate was overgrowing the other one. The helmet was formed into the shape of a divine figuring. The front was ending in a peak at nose height and floating along the line of the head. The upper one was round like and waved to the side like wings or waves. The lower side was sharp and flattened. It went straight down to the neck and fit right above the armor. Small leather strings on each side around the back kept both parts together. A blue colored fluffy fur covered it up. The ornaments of each, the armor and the helmet, were all fine made and reminded of the flow of water and wind. It was hard to tell who was beneath the armory. The eyes opening holes in the helmet were small and dark. Neither Xiahou Dun nor Cao Cao could get a glimpse of the watchful eyes of this knight. They saw the spear he carried and the dried blood that stick to the wooden pole. He must have fought much, so they thought. “Here we are.”, Umi Mari said and waved at the two, “Hey! We're back, you two. And we have guests with us.” Pai Quan ran over to them and around the knight. She laughed happy and grinned at the three men. “My, my.”, Hanleng stepped towards them, “So I see they're well.” He looked at them all and smiled. “Mhi Hayoli. Pai Quan. And...” He hesitated to say the last ones name. “This is brother Tao.”, Pai Quan said and dragged on the warriors arm. “I see...”, he smiled. Cao Cao was quite confused that Hanleng didn't spoke it himself. And more he was curious about the bargain. “So let me see the paper, my dear Firestorm.” “Don't talk to me like that, old man. Or else you won't have the chance to talk ever again.”, she answered him angry and grabbed the folded paper from under her clothes. It was not a problem with her, but the girl named Mhi Hayoli looked quite flustered and embarrassed by it. Hanleng took the paper and opened it. There was a small shard in it. “What's with the paper anyway?”, she asked and looked at the shard, “Is that..ice??” The shard was melting away instantly and wet the paper. “Quite right, young lady... . It was ice. If you would have opened the paper, my spell would've been freed and the shard would have molten... Just like it did now...” He smiled and folded the paper anew. “If you would have folded it back together, the shard would still have molten... But it was there, so you kept both ends of the bargain.” Xiahou Dun looked at the knight that was with the woman. He stared at him quite interested, but the warrior didn't say a word. The mysterious Leng let the paper vanish between his palms and pointed towards the palace. “Then I will keep mine now.”, he said, “And it will be a challenge on its own...”

Corrections made by Striga - Thanks for that ^_^
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:52 am

Leng went to the palace and straight to the throne room where Dong Zhuo was sitting, feasting on his might. Young women danced for his entertainment and Lu Bu guarded his side. As the mysterious Hanleng entered the hall, the tyrant stared at him with anger. “Hrgh. What is this?! I hope you have a good reason for disturbing me, maggot! Your head is on the line, now!”, he threatened him. The man bowed before him. His expression showed the disgust for Dong Zhuo, yet he smiled like he always did. The tyrant couldn't see a difference to this. “Forgive me, your greatness. I do not intent to take much of your precious time, my lord.”, he spoke with faked reverence, “I came with an important message and offer.” He listened to Leng with interest and scrubbed his fuzzy beard. “Speak.”, he ordered and Hanleng raised his head. “My lord. A great warrior has come to Luo Yang. ...He...wishes to fight you, Lord Lu Bu...” “What?!”, Lu Bu answered rather enraged than surprised, “Another weakling who thinks so high that he dares to challenge me!?” He raised his fist and smashed it into a nearby table. The furniture broke to pieces in one single blow. Hanleng stood up and showed his empty palms to him in a gesture of calmness. “Please, my lord. I am sure this warrior will be an interesting opponent for you... He's called 'The Firestorm'... A mighty warrior and hunter of bandits and criminals... ...I saw ...his... talent when we fought side by side against the Yellow turban bandits...” “How can you be sure what fight would be interesting for me?” Lu Bu looked at Hanleng. The smile he saw on his face was outraging and chilling. Even he had to admit that this man was strange like nothing else he encountered before. Leng looked at the strong warrior in his black armor. The eyes twinkled like frozen gem stones. He kept his smile all along and explained. “This warrior came to me. The Firestorm wishes to duel you, my lord... And I am confident you would like to test your strength against a...worthy opponent... One that can charge after a horseback rider on foot?” “He can do that?”, Lu Bu wondered and got a bit more interested. “So I heard... Firestorm... I listened to stories about him, told by the people... He...is faster than a horse on the run... His blade is sharp and merciless like his mind... Send out all warriors of the north and you still couldn't stop him from reaching your walls... That is what they tell about the Firestorm...” Lu Bu's eyes started to sparkle with spirit. He was eager to fight this warrior Leng spoke off. He tried to hide his interest from the mysterious Leng. “So he asked you to tell me about this duel?”, he asked and rubbed his chin. “He's already here and wishes to meet with you as soon as possible.”, he gazed towards Dong Zhuo and smirked, “And that's where my offer comes, my lord... I want this warrior to join...our cause...” The tyrant still stroke over his beard and listened to the young man. His eyes were more concerned and seem to spy some kind of plot. He waved his hand and gave him permission to tell the idea. Hanleng bowed once more. “My lord... Let me propose the bargain I arranged with the Firestorm... If he loses the duel against you, Lord Lu Bu, he will agree to follow you, but only if ...his... family will be cared for...” Dong Zhuo wondered about this. He let Leng explain further before deciding. “The Firestorm is confident in his skill... And... ...he...could be a wonderful addition to us... The family is also in town... Two sisters and one ...brother... If we agree to his terms and if Lu Bu succeeds in the duel, which I am not doubting that he will win, you would gain the ..maybe... second strongest warrior in the world, my lord...” The confident smile of Hanleng scared the tyrant a little, but his offer was very charming to the power hungry man. After a moment of thinking, Dong Zhuo laughed lout and agreed on the idea. Leng bowed before him and went to arrange the duel. “Sunset...”, he said and turned around once more. He glanced towards Lu Bu. “In the palace plaza... I hope that's arrangeable...” He left the hall with a cold smile. On his way outside he nearly ran into a soldier. A tall man with a strong plate armor. “Oh, pardon me.”, he apologized to Hanleng and bowed before him. The man wore a strange helmet with a blueish plume on top. His light brown eyes gazed upon him like those of a tiger watching its prey. It gave even Hanleng a cold shiver. He did not answer to that man, bowed to him and left. He turned around once again and wondered. “... ...strange... … Such intensity...” Leng shook his head and tried to focus back on the certain matter. The duel closed in.

At the plaza of the palace, he rejoined the Firestorm and the others. They were guided by Xiahou Dun here. “Ah... What good timing, my lords and ladies.”, Leng spoke and bowed before them. “Cut the chatter, old man. What's with the duel?” Umi Mari was eager to fight this so called 'strongest warrior'. She stared at the mysterious man with tense eyes. He laughed slightly and rose his hands. “Don't worry. It's all settled. Today at sunset right here.”, he pointed at the ground, “He seemed eager to fight you as well.” The man clapped his hands together and bowed in a way of played regret. “I also had to promise that if you would lose, you will join in with the force.” “What?!”, Umi Mari yelled angry. “Well, see it that way, dear Firestorm. If you would lose, the lord wants you for his army. You get paid for your work, your little...family is taken care of and you can fight Lu Bu as much as you like.” She looked at him mad, but his points didn't sound that bad. “Yeez, what is it with you anyway, old man? I can't figure you out.”, she sighed, “Fine. But he shouldn't count me down yet.”

Corrections made by Striga - Thanks for that ^_^
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 am

Sorry for the long waiting >_< I'm just stuck to the neck in work and can't get much time to write right now T~T I try to be more active again now :)

“Please, master Dun. Would you show these people the guest room? If anyone asks about it, tell them I allowed their entry.” Xiahou Dun wondered and nodded at him. He showed the women and their brother the way. “And tell them not to be disrespectful to them. They stand under my personal protection for as long as they stay here.” His voice sounded really aggravated and cold. It gave Cao Cao and even Dun the shivers. His expression was like a wolf on the hunt. The women and their brother followed Xiahou Dun inside the palace. Leng stayed at the plaza only accompanied by Cao Cao. The two listened into the soft singing of the wind coming from the north. Hanleng had his eyes closed and seemed to think. “What's on your mind, Leng?”, Cao Cao asked curious, “Why did you wait for this?” The mysterious man sighed deeply and turned his gaze towards his lord. He looked tired and disturbed. “If the duel ends like I saw it...”, he said and looked down, “Everything in the future will be unclear again... I only see fragments vanishing into the veil and mist of the unknown... . And I fear... ...to lose it all...” His lord didn't understand it. He looked at him with worries. Hanleng was watching the sun quietly and thought about the unknown future. Something within his heart flinched and shivered in fear. It was like a bad sign that touched his mind.

As the sun left the sky, Lu Bu and Dong Zhuo came to the plaza. Hanleng and Cao Cao were already there and awaited their arrival. The man smiled at them and bowed his head. His excitement and eagerness to see this duel was most obvious this moment. “So where is he?!”, Lu Bu asked unsettled and angry. He thought to see him waiting right here. “...he...will come... I assure you, Master Lu Bu... He will come...” Cao Cao imagined that Hanleng never told Lu Bu everything about his opponent. He smiled slightly and became curious, too. He wondered how this giant of a man would react seeing his adversary for the first time. “Man, this place is just too big for my taste, old man.”, the one thought of yelled down the way. Umi Mari walked up to Hanleng and strokes her long pony tail over the shoulder. “What a mess. This place is bigger than the town itself.”, she muttered angry and looked over to the two new faces. “Who are those two?” Leng laughed and pointed at them. “These are our ...honorable... lord Dong Zhuo and your awaited duel adversary...” She walked a bit closer and looked at them both. Her expression told them everything. Umi Mari looked like she was about to burst out in laughter. “Well, one can't decide with what face we're born... But why is this one dressed like an oversized cockroach?” “What?!”, Lu Bu yelled angry as she pointed at him. Cao Cao had to force himself not to laugh about that relation. He turned around and smirked wide. Hanleng smiled along and answered her: “Well, that is an interesting ...comparison...” “Are you mocking me, woman?! Who the hell is this wench?!” Lu Bu was furious about her. She humiliated him without even concerning for her own life. “I answered that before, Master Lu Bu. This...is the Firestorm... Umi Mari.” “What?! Her?!?!” He stared at the woman that was half his size. She was small and skinny in his eyes and took that as an insult. Dong Zhuo was surprised by that, too. He also wasn't expecting this. Dun arrived then and brought the brother and his two sisters with him. “Fine. Now we're all present.”, Leng said and went a bit up the stairs, “We can watch the fight from there, my lords. I am sure they will need space. A lot of space...” The group left the ground and the two get ready for battle. Umi Mari was eager to see how his opponent would turn out. He looked strong, that she couldn't deny, but was he as strong as Hanleng made her believe? Lu Bu on the other hand wasn't very impressed. He was outraged and wanted to teach the woman a lesson she wouldn't forget. With spear at hand and the Revenant around wrist and arm, the two faced each other finally on the plaza.
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:14 am

Hope you all had a nice Christmas and New Year :) - I'm still working much to improve my art and finish the story - I hope I can be more active this year O_O;

Lu Bu didn't wait for a signal or anything. He charged right at her and slashed his spear to the ground. The power behind that attack broke the stone beneath. The tremors were felt by the remaining watchers. It nearly knocked them over. But Lu Bu missed her. Umi Mari was far too quick. She jumped up and landed on his spear’s edge. Her feet were careful placed so that it wouldn’t cut her boots. “Impressive.”, she praised him with a playful smirking. Now she leaped towards him, grabbed around the pole of the spear, charging her heel straight to his face. He stumbled back holding his nose surprised by the might of this fragile woman. He stared back at her. His nose was bleeding. She stood low in front of him and stroke her hand over the blade of Revenant. “...but I'm just getting warmed up.”, she said. Lu Bu smiled excited. He never had met somebody capable of hitting him straight to the face. It was a rush for his spirit. “Then you should know that I too will quit fooling around.”, he laughed like a devil. It gave even Hanleng the chills. He worried that their position wouldn't be far enough away from the battle anymore. The two engaged on each other again. A fearsome dance of steel and rage began. The two fought without mercy or hesitation, ready to kill each other. Dust lifted from the ground as their feet kept dancing in forceful circles. Lu Bu crushed the stone beneath. The waves of his frightening might rolled over the plaza. Umi Mari scarred his armor with thousands of scratches and deep cuts. She had speed, he had endurance, but both got power. Hanleng was unsure how this duel would end. Suddenly the hit of Lu Bu's spear broke the Revenant's blade apart. The shattered sword flew over Umi Mari's shoulder, but the women stayed unharmed. She turned her eyes at her trusty weapon that was now lying in shards. She clinched her fists together in anger. Lu Bu took this opportunity and rammed her down. He pressed his spear against her throat, but the woman fought against his muscled arms. She tried pushing the spear back, but her power was limited. While lifting the spear she twisted her body so that she can place her feet right under the spear staff. Umi Mari started pushing the spear and Lu Bu up, rolled free underneath the giant and gained some ground. “Who needs weapons...”, she stated and threw the rest of the Revenant off, “...when you've got hands!” She charged at Lu Bu and grabbed the spear. He wouldn't let go and the woman lifted him from the ground in a throw. She hurled the big man over her head and knocked him to the ground. Lu Bu let go of his spear and Umi Mari trashed it to the side. “Now come on, shrimp!”, she provoked him, “Stand up and fight like a man!!” The two ran at each other again. This time both wrestled unarmed. Punches flew, bruises showed on both competitors, but neither one of them wanted to give up. The night had come. Two exhausted fighters still refused to give in. They ran at each other once more. Two punches stroke the faces of both, man and woman. Lu Bu and Umi Mari fell and neither one of them stood up again. Hanleng slowly walked up to the battleground. He looked at them and wondered who might be winner. For the other watchful eyes it was a clear draw, but he wasn't going to accept this. “It seems like they both are strong enough to take each other down.”, Xiahou Dun said. The old wise one muttered with uncertainty. “This fight is not finished until one stands up and can be stated victor...” As his steps took him closer to the two unconsciousness competitors, Lu Bu showed signs of movements. He was the first to slowly come back to his senses. “So it is clear...”, Hanleng spoke and looked at his confused gaze, “Lord Lu Bu... You are truly the strongest of all...” The giant man spit the blood from his tongue. He rubbed the bruises on his face and looked at the cuts on the black armor. “Maybe so... But she's talented.”, he honored her might, “And she is powerful...for a woman...” “Who had thought of such nobility in your heart, my lord.”, Hanleng laughed.

The duel was decided and Lu Bu stayed victorious above all. Umi Mari kept her word and became a warrior under Dong Zhuo. Pai Quan, Tao and Mhi Hayoli stayed with her and were protected. Over the coming month, the power of the emperor was consumed by the control of Dong Zhuo. Hanleng prepared for a major event, but kept it secret from everyone. He was hardly relaxed and stopped resting. He often vanished for days and was seen roaming around the walls of Luo Yang. Cao Cao and many other officers and disciples grew tired of Dong Zhuo's tyranny. Tension rose and finally reached its limits. A small group tried to assassinate the regent, but failed. One of them was Cao Cao. The next step was made.

“Through here!!” Cao Cao and a disciple ran across the palace, followed by soldiers. The shouting of a furious Dong Zhuo followed them across the wooden hallway. The man accompanying Cao Cao was Chen Gong, a strategist always wearing a robe and minister hat. He had longer black hair and a similar beard like Xiahou Dun. The two tried to flee the soldiers, but in a long hallway Lu Bu stopped their escape. “Curses!”, Chen Gong muttered as he turned around and saw the soldiers coming. “Looks like the rats are trapped now.”, Lu Bu laughed. “Not quite.”, someone answered him. He looked around the corner were somebody jumped at him and kicked his sturdy body aside. It was Hanleng. He ran passed his lord and stomped on the ground, rose the hand towards the approaching soldiers and covered them in a thin layer of ice. “Move it!”, he yelled and dragged Chen Gong along. The three ran passed Lu Bu, who recovered and chased after them. “Curse you, Maggots!” The palace became a battleground. Hanleng pushed Cao Cao and Chen Gong towards a hallway on the right and turned around quickly. His claws pushed the spear of Lu Bu passed his shoulder. Their heads bumped against each other as the two engaged in battle. “Damn you, old man!”, the giant muttered and tried to hit the slippery one. Hanleng dodged the attempted attacks, giving Cao Cao some time. He danced around the big guy. Lu Bu finally got a grip on him. He pushed his right arm around the neck of Hanleng and tried to suffocate him. “Enough with the jumping.” Hanleng struggled to free himself from the embrace. He spotted a vase on a table and kicked it over. The water that poured out was drawn to his boots. It seemed to climb up on his legs and went to the hands. Lu Bu was surprised. Hanleng released his grip from the arm and placed the water dripping hands on the giants face. It started to freeze instantly and made him release him. “What the--!?!” Hanleng poured the water back on the ground and froze it solid around Lu Bu's legs, hoping it would immobilize him long enough. He then followed the way Cao Cao and Chen Gong went. Soldiers were all over the place. They tried to stop him and he had to take shortcuts through several other rooms. Hanleng fought himself a way to the main hall where he reunited with Cao Cao. But first he had to get down to him. “My Lord! Watch out!”, he yelled as he spotted Lu Bu right behind them. He clawed himself on a pillar and slithered down to them, rushing over to their aid. He pushed them both to the sides and blocked the spear slashing down from above. The blade nearly touched his nose as he bend backwards, oppressed by the power of Lu Bu. “You...won't...get...us!!”, he yelled and pulled the spear over his head, forcing it into the wooden floor and slithering underneath Lu Bu to safety. He kicked him in the butt to make him fall. “Run, my Lord!”, he turned to Cao Cao, “Dun and Yuan are waiting outside with the horses! Go!!” “Leng!” Cao Cao gazed at him once more before leaving with Chen Gong again. He saw the smile on his face. Was it confidence? Or was it the assurance to something else? He couldn't say. Hanleng again engaged in battle with Lu Bu. “You're a quite annoying old man.”, the mighty warrior muttered and saw this strange smile, too. It angered him even more. “I won't let you stop him, Lu Bu. For this is the last time I predict the future. Lu Bu! You will fail today!” “Silence!!” Lu Bu slashed at him in fury. Hanleng dodged the attacks. Trying to gain his full attention he kept provoking him. “Come on, lazy cockroach! Am I too fast for you?” He knew that his live was on the line here, but he did not care. Hanleng ran towards the west door and stopped. As Lu Bu followed and hurled his next attack at him, Hanleng kicked opened the door and bounced over the giants shoulders, pushing him right into a group of soldiers behind the door. He used the water coming from the fingertips like tiny whips and pulled the door closed again. The water gathered all over it and froze solid. “This should keep them busy..:.”, Hanleng muttered and ran towards the plaza. Soldiers tried to block his way. He rushed through their ranks. Slicing winds took them from their feed as he made his way. They drove him to the upper floors and chased him to the balcony. Hanleng looked around and spotted Chen Gong, Cao Cao and his Cousins waiting with the horses. “Hanleng!”, his lord yelled as he saw him on the upper level. The man jumped swiftly to escape the guards. But suddenly a chain wrapped itself around his throat and pulled him backwards. He grabbed the iron and tried to free himself. “Not so fast, old man!”, he heard Umi Mari yelling. His back crashed into the balcony and he fell. Xiahou Yuan reacted quickly and fired an arrow at the chain before it could snap Hanleng's neck. The chain cut loose and Hanleng hit the ground. Umi Mari followed him down and presented her new weapon. A sickle connected to a long chain. Hanleng crawled on his knees. He coughed and fought for breath. “You think I’ll let you go now?”, she stated and pointed the sickle at him with anger, “First you send me on a hunt into the unknown, let me wander half the north east and bind me lastly on this place? And now you just want to run off somewhere else!? Not with me, pal!!” She struck her sickle at him, but Hanleng managed to roll backwards and dodge it. “Sorry, my dear...”, he said with a serene and sincere tune in his exhausted, gasping voice, “But this all is meant to happen... ...It's...needed to unite and appease... ..It must be...done!!” He grabbed the broken chain on the ground and threw it at Umi Mari. She blocked it, giving him a chance to ran for the horses. Xiahou Dun took a perch filled with water from his horse and hurled it over to the stairs. “Old man! Here!!” Hanleng waved at them, seeing the perch emerging from the sky. “Go! I can handle it!”, he said and stumbled still gasping for air. Xiahou Yuan punched a hole in the perch and the water came down. Leng stretched his hand for the dropping puddle. It hit his palm, waving on it like a thin silk rag. He threw it at Umi Mari's feet, while she charged at him in fury. Lu Bu broke through the doors of the palace and joined the action on the plaza. The four decided to listen to their friend and left. The puddle that hit Umi Mari's legs froze and bound her to the stairs. “What the--!?”, she yelled surprised. Hanleng went on running towards his mare. It turned around, ready to rush for the streets. He jumped in the saddle and followed after his comrades. On his way out he used two large ponds as blockades by smashing the water against the door, flooding the pursuing soldiers back.

Soon after their escape, Hanleng rejoined with his lords. Together with the strategist Chen Gong, they made their way to the southeast. They went to Xu Chang and made it their base of operation against Dong Zhuo. Many other lords were against the tyranny of the regent. At that time, Hanleng told his lord that he now no longer can tell what the future will hold. He became very distant and cold, leaving the other officers with a lot of doubts. Cao Cao decided to act on his own and forged an imperial decree against Dong Zhuo, sending it to other lords as well. Many answered the call and were ready to take part in an assault against Luo Yang to free the emperor.

Corrections made by Striga - Thanks for that! ^_^
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 pm

EDIT: I just had to insert both Yue Jin and Li Dian. Now that Koei gave them some suitable personality, I can finally make their appearance as well as many others. Enjoy ^-^

Chapter 3 – "Devil of Ice – The Battle at Huo Lao Gate"

“You won't come with us, old man?!” Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan were prepared for battle. On horseback they visited Hanleng in his small hut in the garden of Xu Chang's palace. The old, wise One sat on a bench in front of the building and was covered in a thick wool blanket. “What is that supposed to mean?”, Yuan asked confused. “The meanings of those words are well known... To both of you...”, he answered cold and serious, “I'm not going...” Dun wondered about the mysterious man. He seemed different from before. Each passing day his behavior became odder. “What is wrong, old man? You're different somehow...”, he asked blunt. Hanleng turned away. His gaze went to the far horizon, to the north. “It's none of your business, Dun! Now leave me alone!”, he yelled back in anger. His fist hit the bench and he stood up muttering something to himself. Hanleng turned his back on the two and entered his hut, smashing the door shut. “That was strange.”, Yuan mentioned shocked as the two departed from the hut, “I never saw the old guy freaking out like this before.” “I know... But... ...whatever... We should concentrate on the battle ahead of us, cousin...” Dun seemed disturbed by the radical changes of Hanleng, too. Still he didn't want to show it much. The two left the garden and went off to the gathering point in front of Xu Chang. Hanleng stayed back. He was sitting on the ground, gazing out of the window and into the grey walls of clouds in the sky. His body shivered. The claws of his gloves scratched over the wooden floor. “I can't go...”, he thought, “I can't...” Someone knocked on the door. It dragged him back into his room. “Hanleng?” The voice he heard was Cao Cao. The man turned around and spied to the door. Cao Cao respected the privacy and stayed in front of the hut. “I heard you won't change your mind.”, he told him from outside, “We will leave soon. I hope you'll get better after we return.” “What is that supposed to mean!?”, Leng yelled from inside. He was on edge. The claws chipped the wood from the floor. “The meaning of those words should be known to you...”, Cao Cao answered, “If not... ...than I feel sorry for you.” He seemed to be leaving. Hanleng heard his footsteps slowly perishing. The answer he got from his lord frightened the man. It was like he had heard himself speaking. Hanleng pressed his claws over the heart. He felt the warm blood leaving the pressured wounds beneath his clothes. Tears welled out of his eyes, warming his cheeks bittersweet.

Cao Cao joined his men at the gates of Xu Chang. Dun and Yuan looked at him patient, but he shook his head only. “Let us be off.”, he shouted over the group. Suddenly he spotted a single rider closing in from the city gates. As he came closer Cao Cao managed to identify the horseman. It was Hanleng. “Hey, old man!”, Yuan greeted him a bit relieved, “So, finally decided to join the fun?” The man, covered in his feather decorated, blue robe, gazed at him. One could hardly decide if it was despite or worries within his eyes. “Don't be so joyful...”, he replied and turned to Cao Cao, “...let's go...” He took the lead and headed north to the gathering base of the alliance forces.

Corrections by Striga - Thanks for that ^_^
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration