A land in Chaos - DW/RoTK Fan Fiction novel

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

A land in Chaos - DW/RoTK Fan Fiction novel

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 am

Author Prologue

This Fan Fiction is based on the storyline of the Dynasty Warrior game series. I use the places and characters mentioned in the game and add new characters and places, when the time comes. This Fan Fiction is a collection of self-created characters stories. Every story and character is somehow connected to each other. I won't ask for approve or something like that, but I like to read your comments about it. The Fan Fiction will be separated into four Books. Water, Fire, Wind and Earth. Each book contains the view of a different group of characters and force. Wind = Shu, Water = Wei, Fire = Wu and Earth = Warriors Orochi Scenario.

EDIT 28/11/2013 : I stop making polls for the story, since so few seem interested in participating. I will write and only alter the end into two different (a bad and a good) endings.

Story Prologue

Once upon a time, a family within the province of Chang Sha was blessed by heaven with the birth of quads. But one of the children died before taking its first breath. Yet the family was happy about their little triplet of sons. They asked one of the wise men to name their children after the destiny they receive in the future. “These children were blessing by the heaven... . Similar in every way... . Look, voice and even parts of their soul are the same... . But one of them perished and the balance is lost... . I see unrest and anger within the future of all three of them... . Destined to bring hope, freedom and devastation alike... . Hanleng, the cold... . His rage will burn the ground without fire... . Freezing winds and merciless winter nights... . Like a wound that was slain by a sword of ice... . His hand will carry wisdom and pain... . Wufeng, the calm... . His anger will strike the earth like storming winds. The resting mind that never answers with death to his foes... . Yet he carries plague and peace into the future... . Huoyan, the inflaming one... . His fury will turn the water into fire... . Unbounded and free, he will devour the world and leave only ashes behind... . He carries the freedom alongside the hunger for war... .” As the wise man left he started crying at the sunset. “I'm old and thought I saw everything what a mortal could see... . And yet these children prove me wrong... . I pity them... . Death won't bring them peace and won't change...what I have seen with my spirit's eye... . And yet they are destined to bring each other pain...until only one is left...and follows after them... .”

The family was most disturbed, but they didn't want to believe the wise man until they saw it with their own eyes. Years passed and the boys were raised well. But even if they were polite and friendly to others, they fought among each other all the time. They even tried to kill one another more than once. The family decided to relocate them into different villages to keep the peace. But the urge was stronger. The children became more estranged each day. Hanleng chained himself onto a rock and started to talk in riddles with other people. His words and rhymes became more meaningless every passing day. Wufeng meditated without rest or meals. He stood on top of roofs or trees and ignored others shouting at him. From dusk until dawn he pretended to be part of houses and trees only whispering with the breeze floating by. Huoyan started to count the stars until daybreak and tried to drown himself in coal or ashes. It was horrifying. Nobody knew what to do. One night all three came up to their people at the same time in each village and said: “It's not enough to separate us... . I need to leave and find our only destiny... . The blood of my brothers... .” So it came that at this night three pillars of flame, ice and wind went on their way to the sky. The fire followed the clouds to the sea. The wind went to the south west and vanished in the woods. The ice wandered north, into the mountains. The three villages that stood right under the pillars were all destroyed. Burned, blown away or frozen to arm length into the ground. No living soul was to be found. And nobody from outside knew what had happened. What became of the triplet was unknown. Until.... .

One day, many years after this night, a man came to the emperor’s palace. The guards didn't want to let him in, but he managed to get himself an audience without permission. He entered the palace without harming anyone. He stood before the emperor, dressed in a fine armor, green like the tree tops. “My liege... . Listen to me... . Your future and those of your people will sink into chaos soon. The world and prosperity you know will vanish. People’s lives will be destroyed! Your highness, I beg of you... . You can stop this from happening!” But it was no use. Whatever the man said, the emperor didn't believe. He tried to imprison the stranger, but he vanished as fast as he came and was never seen again. “I tried... . But my begging and pleading was hopeless... . I saw no wisdom... I saw no honor. That's why I go...and won't come back... . I won't fix the wrongs you do, emperor... . I did more than I should have done and I won't do anything more... .”, these were his last words, floating in the air inside the palace. The emperor heard them even after the man was long gone. What he didn't know was that the man was the start of all yet to come... .

Many thanks to Striga for the help with my 'bad english' ^_^
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Re: A land in Chaos - DW/RoTK Fan Fiction novel

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:55 am

Book of Water

Story 1: - The Firestorm -

Chapter 1 – "The Blaze and the Yellow Dragon"

184 AD.

Within the kingdom of China, the peace slowly crumbled and chaos spread throughout the land. Many people died at the hands of rebels, who fought against the corrupted government. Within the flames of these crisis's, warriors were born. Fighters who made themselves names for centuries to come. Men and women alike.

This story is about an unusual woman, who made her way throughout history, but not like she was at birth. The world only knows her as “The Firestorm”. One lonesome warrior fighting bandits, pirates and thieves all around China. Strong like a savage, wild beast and so fast on her feet that no rider would ever escape her. Yet, she never will be seen as who she really was.

The Han emperor sent his men out to destroy the threat that is known as the Yellow Turban bandits. Many soldiers responded to the call of the emperor. Soldiers, generals and many volunteers. All gathered to slay Zhang Jiao and his Rebel force. Great people like Cao Cao, Sun Jian and even strong warriors like Guan Yu and Zhang Fei came to destroy the rebellion once and for all. And so she came too...

“Hey, maid!”, a soldier shouted after a woman, passing by toward the volunteer camp. She doesn't turn around but stopped to hear the man out. “Bring me another drink, woman. I'm nearly desiccated.” The soldiers around the wider man began to laugh in amusement. She turned around and walked over to the table, the man was sitting at. She took a jar and forced it over the soldiers head. “What the--?!”, the man screamed, enraged and got a kick for that. He rolled over the sand and hit a line of barrels. The soldiers stared at the woman, who was covered in black clothes. Fine, thin leather and thick wool. Her shorts grabbed tightly around her legs, looking like they were going to rip any moment. The torso dressing wasn't so open. The right arm got no cover, nor did the left. The sleeve was wide and long. Her hands were armed in iron, decorated by silk-bands, formed to flowers around the wrists. The woman was moving away, drowning her leather boots into the sand and shouldering a long thin leather bag. While she waved her long, white ponytail toward her back, she warned the rest: “Never decide a woman's place on look alone, moron.” A single look back, with anger flaming in her dark brown eye. The right was covered by an eye patch, decorated with ornaments of dancing horses inside a fire circle. She continued her way, leaving the shocked and silenced crowd of soldiers behind. Some officers watched her passing by as she reached the tent of the volunteers leader. “So who's the leader of this sorry bunch of soldiers?”, she asked while facing three men, who seemed to be discussing the plan for the attack. They looked at her with questioning, confused eyes. The smaller one came up at her, greeting the woman: “I am Bei of the Liu family. I organize the volunteer army. With whom do I speak, if I may ask, milady?” The woman aggressively answered back at the young boy. Holding her fist under his nose. “Listen, boy! I am not a lady, got it? They call me the Firestorm and I expect the same of you! Even if you're going to be leading us.” One of the greater men laughed slightly. He hold his belly and grabbed after a flask hanging on his belt. “Hahaha. This woman really has fire, boys. She's really stingy.” “Hey! Watch it, fat guy, or you're going to eat sand before these bandit fools!” “Who do you call fat?!” The last of the three man enjoyed the little fighting. He caressed his impressive, long black beard. “Your right, Zhang Fei. She is stingy.”, he laughed slightly, “But not that alone. I know of the name -Firestorm-.” Liu Bei looked up to this giant of a man, interested in his knowledge. “You know something, Guan Yu?“ “A skilled hunter of pirates, bandits and other criminals. Most people tell legends about a single person chasing men on horses only on foot. The name, so told, came by the fact that no prey ever escaped the rampage of this fighter.”, he then laughed again, “Hmhm. But they never said that this -Firestorm- was a woman.” The lady stared furiously around the three men before her. “Got a problem with that?!”, she asked angered. “Not at all.”, Liu Bei answered friendly and bowed again before her, “It's an honor to have such a valiant warrior with us.” The woman smiled approving. She also bowed before the three men: “It's an honor to serve, Master Liu Bei, though I doubt that anyone will ever be able to tame my fire. I, Umi Mari, known as the Firestorm swear to bring this rebellion to an end. I won't hesitate, nor will I fail. And... .”, she raised her head grinning, “...no enemy shall escape my blade!” Zhang Fei looked at her, but couldn't find any weapon. He took a sip of his flask bottle. “What blade are you talking about?”, he then asked her. She posed her leather bundle before the three and opened it. Inside was a weird construction made of red wood, bamboo and a long steel blade. She bound it on her right arm with leather belts and snapped open it up. The blade rushed one half arm length over her hand. She smiled and was filled with a sparkling battle spirit. “That's my weapon, big guy. I call her -Revenant-, because she comes at you again, even if you hit her away.”, she explained, “The Longsword blade is just distraction. See?” She pointed at the wooden part of the weapon. “This one is a nice crossbow. Small, I know, but in near range more deadly than those stupid longbows at miles away from the enemy.” She clutched her fists together. “So let it start! I can't wait for my hunting!” “I see...”, another calm voice came from the back. At the tents entrance stood a man veiled in a blue robe. The upper part was tight around the chest and wide on the arms. He covered his hands in dark iron claws. The robe was open beneath the belt. It fell to both sides and looked like it was made of thousands of crane feathers. The tip of each end was sparkling, like it was covered with ice. His pants were simple and blue and his boots clutched in iron as well. He waved his impressive long, black hair aside. The skin was dark, making him look like covered with dirt. The cold frozen sky - colored eyes stared at the group of four and he bowed with a smile. “May I have a moment of your time, master Liu Bei?”, he said with a strange calm voice. It was soft and kinda jokey, but there was a freezing twinkle in every word. “My lord, Cao Cao, sent me to get you for the war council. The other officers wish your presence.” “Of course.”, the young man answered with a friendly nod, “I will attend immediately.” The man smiled and left the tent again. “Who was that, brother?”, Zhang Fei asked, “He was kinda...weird.” Liu Bei turned over to him and explained. “I met him when he arrived together with Lord Cao Cao's forces. He refers to himself as one of his servants, but he wanted to be assigned as volunteer. His name is Hanleng.” “Hanleng?”, Umi Mari asked curious, “One thing is certain. He's no normal man. I saw many men in my life and all sorts of guys stumbling around with sword and spear, thinking that they could call themselves warriors... . But he is somewhat different.” “I agree.”, the tall man with the beard said, “There was a strange cold in his eyes...” “Like a predator on a hunt.”, she finished and smiled, “It seems that this will be an interesting battle after all.”

The man, Hanleng, went outside. The sun was very bright today, he thought and smiled anew. His boots thundered over the ground getting everyone's attention. He passed the soldiers camps and went towards a fireplace on the other side. He walked over to a lone man sitting next to the fire, drinking a cup of wine. “The leader of our volunteers will be at the meeting, sir.”, he said and bowed with both fist pressed together in front of his chest. “And you still want to follow them... ?”, the man answered and tugged at his beard, “You're a most odd man, Hanleng.” He joined his comrade with laughter, waving at him. “And you still try to figure me out, Cao Cao. But you're still as smart about me, like you were back to the day I joined the forces at Luo Yang.” The bearded man looked inside his cup. His black hair was twinkling under the hot sun and his determent eyes tried to break the reflection. “What makes you think you could accomplish more on the side of common people?” “Never would I ask you to trust me before seeing my capability first hand.” “Then why would you avoid me by joining them?” Hanleng looked at him. His calmness against the determination of Cao Cao. His smile against the puzzled and searching mind of his Lord. “My... Still full of questions, my dear Lord Cao Cao.” “And you still avoid them with mockery and jokes... .” “By the heavens, no!”, he played shocked before his Lords eyes, “I would never dream of mocking you. I just simply don't feel the need for answering questions.” He laughed again and joined Cao Cao on the bench near the fireplace. The man looked at his amused comrade, but was irritated, rather than pleased. “But if you like...”, Hanleng further said, “...I will answer one question before you leave for the war council, Lord Cao Cao.” “Humph... . Fine. Then say... What do you try to achieve?” Hanleng laughed and hung his head surprised. “Oh! You always ask the hard questions first, right?” Suddenly he became silent and stared across the camp. His gazing was empty and saddening. “There are three things I have to do... . First – I have to find and guide people on their ways to a better future. Second – I have to find two individuals. And third – I have to kill those two... .” “What?” “Don't try. The next question I answer if we get out of this alive. Deal, my Lord?” Cao Cao smiled not surprised about this answer and took the jug of wine, waving it at him. “So I can't ask you to join me for my last cup today?” Hanleng laughed and took a cup himself. Cao Cao served him and they both enjoyed the aroma of sweet wine before the upcoming dust storm of battle.

"Correction by Striga" - thanks for that ^_^ I try to improve my english skills in the next part
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby Striga » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:05 am

-Cannot delete-
Last edited by Striga on Tue May 01, 2012 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 am

-Cannot delete-
Last edited by Striga on Tue May 01, 2012 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:07 pm

"I thank for the correction so far ^_^ I hope that I did better this time."
- For those with a good imagination - try picture the scenario like DW7 style -

Soon the battle began. Hanleng prepared in his tent. He put some armor on. Something light with few metal plates and chains. He wore a robe over his armor, took two swords from his desk and went outside. “Are you ready, mister mystery?”, someone asked. Hanleng turned around to the left and spotted two men. The first one was taller than the other. Both had purple – blue like uniforms. One was armed with a saber and the other with a bow. The smaller, round man grinned at him. Hanleng smiled and raised his shoulders. “And who do we have here?”, he said and walked over to them, “The Xiahou cousins! You two are like water and ice. Alike in the depth of their being, but still different in so many ways...” “Sometimes I wonder if you'll ever answer a question straight, Leng.”, the taller, more serious looking one said and took off with his horse. Hanleng was fascinated by his cold nature and smiled anew. “He still doesn't trust me, does he?”, he asked the other man. “You know, Dun. It will take much more than just talk to convince him to trust you, even if our cousin Cao Cao seems to.” “Well... It can't be helped, Yuan.”, he agreed and looked behind the round man. He had two horses with him and handed one over to Hanleng. “Still going to help the volunteers?”, Yuan asked and climbed onto the back of his horse. “Yes. There is something I have to do before joining you all...” The mysterious man climbed the back of his given horse and went off as well. “Don't worry, my friend. We'll see each other soon enough on the battlefield.”

The field of battle was near a hill. Long ago a temple was built on its top, with little villages around it. The rebels used this place as hideout and base. Hanleng entered the battlefield riding on a black mare. Pale grey eyes and white mane. The saddle was simple. Dark brown leather, no ornaments and even a bit dirty. He joined Liu Bei and the volunteers. “Ha! You even need a horse, old man?”, Umi Mari laughed at him as he approached. “Oh, my lovely mare is not for me, mistress.”, he laughed back at her. “Hm?” “All life serves a purpose...” The woman did not understand what he said, but with the battle ahead she, cared even less. Bound on her right arm, Revenant awaited its prey. Liu Bei gave the command, waving one of his swords forward. “Charge!”, he shouted, “Let us bring peace back to the land!” Hanleng went off and took the lead fast. His mare was swift and ran right through the first troop of rebels. Right behind him was Umi Mari. It took her only a few more jumps and she overhauled his horse. The rebel soldiers tried to surround those two, but soon after them the rest of the volunteer force reached their battle ground. Hanleng literally danced around the back of his mare, kicking the villains to the faces and shoulders. His boots sharp edged ends pierced right through their armor. “Impressive, old man.”, the Firestorm praised him. She went through the enemy line and dodged every of their attempts of stopping her run. Her blade, Revenant, sliced their spears and shields to pieces. She slithered beneath their swings and shot at several rebels, leaving a small walkway of corpses behind. “Stop them!”, the rebels shouted, but no one dared to make the first move against them. “Come and try!”, Umi Mari shouted and rushed right after the terrified horde of fleeing foes. Hanleng waited for Liu Bei. He saw him encircled by rebels and decided to aid him. He jumped off his horse, sending it away. Then, he ran for the foes and lunged into one, right at the neck. His gloves clawed themselves straight on the back of the rebel’s throat. He fell into the circle and rolled over the corpse, engaging Liu Bei back to back. “Say, lord Liu Bei?”, he asked while fighting off the rebels around them, “These two giants that are with you... . Lord Guan Yu and Lord Zhang Fei… You three seem very close. Why is that?” Liu Bei struck down another enemy soldier and went back to back with the mysterious servant of Cao Cao. Both circled around the enemies, ready to parry every single blow. “They are my sworn brothers. Duck down!”, Liu Bei answered him dodging a spear. Hanleng behind him duck down and performed a marvelous split. His fists clutched around the spear dragging the foe right into Liu Bei's attack range, which killed him. “I see.”, he answered and smashed the spear pole right onto the head of another soldier. Two rebels grabbed the pole, trying to get control of the situation. Hanleng dragged them towards himself. He rolled onto his back, placed his legs forward and kicked them both back into the crowd. He then jumped up, still smiling. “Sworn siblings are rare in these troubling times... . You're a very lucky man, my Lord.” Suddenly two waves from left and right drove the enemies off their feet and send them flying like leaves in the wind. It was the doing of Guan Yu and Zhang Fei with their impressive strength. The Blue Dragon and the Snake Spear were shining under the burning sun.
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby Striga » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:10 am

-Cannot Delete-
Last edited by Striga on Sat May 26, 2012 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Fri May 25, 2012 8:06 am

Corrections by Striga << thanks for the help! I will try harder! ^_^

On the other edge of the battlefield, Umi Mari was fighting off another wave of rebels. She suddenly caught the cries of desperate people. “Help! Someone!! Help!” The screaming was nearby. She shoved her blade into the attackers behind her and turned around swiftly. She spotted Hanleng enclosing on his horse again. “Come on, old man! I heard somebody!”, she said and went to the northeast of her position. “Ah... . So the time has come.”, he answered and looked back to Liu Bei, “My Lord. Stay with your brothers and continue onward. We shall take care of these people. Don't worry.” Before Liu Bei could answer him, the man and the Firestorm went on their way. They carved their way through the enemy ranks and passed a gate into a plain of farmlands. Peasants were running into their houses, followed by rebel forces. A tall man with a pike slashed through the panicked crowd laughing. “Bastard!”, Umi Mari yelled furious, “Come and fight someone your own size, dog!” She charges at him. The man was totally surprised by her arrival and even more at the moment her legs embraced his neck. She pulled him over with her might and send him on his back on the ground. Her blade cut his throat and she rose for the next attack. “Show me what you're made of, you worthless fiends!” Her fearsome appearance and her determined voice extinguished the rebels fighting spirits. First they attacked her with hesitation. Five more were offered to her blade. The fear grew stronger within the rebels. Ten more fall to her skill. Two of their generals, too. The rebels started to flee, throwing their weapons on the ground. Hanleng was amused by this show. “Marvelous.”, he said and applauded her. “You maggots! Worthless, all of you!”, she shouted after them. “We got one cornered here!!”, the peasants shouted, “Look out! He's got swords!!” Hanleng rode his mare straight after the shouts. Umi Mari followed him curious. They went around the houses and found a crowed of peasants surrounding a rebel at the well. “Move aside!”, Leng ordered and guided his horse into the circle, towards the rebel. A small person with yellow clothes made of leather and silk. A scarf covered half of the face and the Turban on the head marked him as rebel. Despite the two short swords he possessed, the rebel looked very scared and timid. “What is that?”, Umi Mari asked surprised by the small foe, “A....child?!” “Indeed.”, Hanleng answered her and got off his horse. He walked up to the rebel. “D...Don't come any closer! I..I warn you!!”, the rebel stuttered and pointed his blades at him. “Watch out! He might be dangerous!”, the peasants warned him too. Leng did not care about it and came closer. He grabbed the blades with his metal claws and pressed them together in his palm. He came closer and the rebel screamed frightened to the bone. Hanleng embraced the little one and put his other hand on the rebel’s head. “It's fine... . You're save, little girl.” “Girl?!”, Umi Mari said even more surprised, “What the--?!” Even the peasants couldn't believe their ears. It was quite shocking for them. Hanleng's voice nearly became a whisper. It was like dripping water. Calming and trusting. “Don't worry... . You're time hasn't come yet... .” “Y...you're not killing me?”, the girl asked with tears in her eyes. “No.”, he answered, “I'm here to save you from the wrong actions of your father... .” “You...know father?” “In a matter of speaking, I have never met him before, but I saw enough to know him well... .” “What will you do to me?”, the young girl asked fearfully as she let go of her swords. Hanleng pulled the turban off of her head and gave her spiky, blond hair freedom. He threw the turban to the side in despite of its meaning. Then he forced the blades into the ground and took off his robe. He covered the girl in it and smiled. “Don't take the robe off. No one will notice you.” He brought the swords back and gave them to her, guided her towards his mare. With a swift push he helped her onto his horse and took the bridle rein off. “Don't worry, little girl. My mare will take you to a place where you can start a life on your own. Trust it and hold on to it.” He looked at his mare and strokes its cheeks. “Guide her, my dear friend. Take her to the place where the peach tree blooms throughout the winter and the silver wolf stands watchful.” The horse seems to understand this strange riddle and turned around. It ran off and left the farmland to the west. “But--!!”, the peasant weren't pleased with this decision. “Are you sure this is right?”, Umi Mari asked him and looked at the two disappearing fast. “What? To let a child gain more time of her life? Or to watch peoples desperation grow so strong that they're willed to sacrifice their children to the cause... .” “You never answer straight, old man.”, she said displeased. “Then let me apologize in my way. If we win today, I want you to go to a specific place, find and protect three young people and guide them back to me.” The woman was quite curious. This man was mysterious like nothing she ever encountered. “How should that help gain me anything?” Hanleng smiled and walked back to the battlefield. “If you do so, I will give you the strongest man known to the world, so you could fight and maybe beat him.” “Sounds interesting.”, she said smirking and followed him. “You guys better move somewhere save.”, she said to the peasants and waved goodbye. Both warriors went back to the battlefield.

corrected
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby Striga » Sat May 26, 2012 3:01 am

Cannot delete
Last edited by Striga on Wed May 30, 2012 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Tue May 29, 2012 12:13 pm

I think only one more piece before the battle with Zhang Jiao and the coming end of the first Chapter :D

Many thanks for the support so far ^_^

The Alliance forces broke through the ranks and managed to reach the hills. Cao Cao and his cousins reached an outskirt and spotted the enemy ahead on top of the cliff. “Let none escape!”, Xiahou Dun told his men raising their spirits for the next assault. Suddenly a howling voice struck down from above. “Fools. Your time is finished. See before you the might of the yellow turbans. The wrath that the heavens have forced upon you, sinners!” Cao Cao ignored the intimidating voice and rushed up ahead on his horse. Suddenly giant rocks came falling down from above. The horse backed up, but couldn't dodge the approaching boulders. “Cao Cao!!” “Cousin!” The Xiahou cousins rushed towards him. Yuan shot three arrows at once and changed the direction of one rock on the left. Dun passed by his cousin, Cao Cao, and slashed down a nearby tree, directing all the remaining boulders off the edge. Then one rock jumped passed the tree and was right above Cao Cao. He closed his eyes and bent his head. Suddenly a driblet of water touched his cheek. He opened the eyes again and looked up. Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan were looking at it, too. Both stared and could not believe their eyes anymore. Hanleng was jumping straight through the boulder, cleaving it in half like a blade. What's more, the edges of his boots were covered in a thin veil of water. One could hardly see it, but when it broke free and was touched by the sun, the surface started to glitter like a river. The boulder broke apart and went to each side, leaving Cao Cao unharmed. Hanleng landed in front of Dun, but he went off right away. Dun was sure he saw the devil straight into his face as Leng raised his head and stared passed him. He jumped over the tree and ran up the hill. Now the water was gone, like it wasn't there to begin with. A small puddle dried slowly on the other side of the tree. Leng screamed as he attacked the surprised rebels on top of the hillside. He pushed them over and hauled them around as he reached out for their commander. The rebel soldiers flew over the edges and fell down the hill. Hanleng was caught in some kind of fury. He spotted the commanding officer, as he tried to flee the field. Leng's claws grabbed around his throat and he lifted him up to the sky. “Hehehe... .”, he laughed at him, “What a nice speech you gave us there, ...Zhang Bao... .” The rebels were confused and frightened by him. The commander, a man with a tunic above his armor, was quite shocked by his knowledge and even more by the cold of his eyes. “How--!? Who are you?!” He struggled and tried to break free of the grip. Hanleng laughed slightly. It was not the calm and friendly voice he always had. It was quiet and suppressing. A cold, sharp whisper guided by a strange hissing noise. “He...hehe...heheheheh... .” He looked for Cao Cao, ensuring that he was far away. His lord was still behind the tree and, not surprisingly, still shocked by all the hasty actions from before. Hanleng turned his eyes back on Zhang Bao. “I've got a present for you... .”, he said and his smiling faded, “It's from your daughter... .” “What?!” He shook his arm strong and crushed the man to the ground hard. He lifted his grip and looked down on him. The eyes covered in gloom. “A last farewell... ...for she found..hm..a more suitable family...and future... .” As his words passed, he raised his right leg and forced the boots edge straight at the commander’s face. The power behind that stomp was like a hammers blow. Bones crunched as the boot struck the commander’s head. “Pitiful... . Your so called magic... .”, he laughed anew. He rose his gaze and stared at the rebels. “Anyone want to join him?”, he teased them in his evil, cold spirit. The rebels dispersed and ran frightened further up the hill. The boulders stopped coming down. The rebels left their posts and ran for safety up the hill. The Xiahou cousins finally reached Hanleng and looked at the mess he produced. “Urgh. That's nasty.”, Yuan said. Hanleng lifted his boot up and seems to play dumb. “Oh? Did I step in something?”, he said and laughed calmly and friendly like ever. “More ON someone, old man.”, Yuan answered him a bit shocked. Xiahou Dun gazed at him curious and a bit suspicious. “Well, it seems so. Does it not?”, he laughed and looked at Dun. “Who are you, really? What's with this jester's face?! I want answers, Hanleng!” The mysterious man chuckled slightly and spotted Cao Cao approaching on his horse. “I too would like to know something, Leng.”, he said and looked at him, “What happened with the water?” “The water?”, he asked back and laughed slightly, “Hahaha. My, my... . You're all so very curious. It's adorable.” He turned around and looked up the next road. “We're still in the middle of this battle, my dear Lords. Let's win it, survive it and I may answer all your little questions and riddles. Shall we?” “What are you up to, Leng?!”, Dun asked once more, even more aggressive than before. Hanleng still smiled at him carefree and friendly. “My dear Lord Xiahou Dun. Does it really matter?” The eyes of Dun nailed him and were determined to press the answer out of the man. Hanleng turned away once more and laughed again. “Hehehe. Well, if you insist. You want to know what I am up to. I tell you, my Lord.” He looked over his shoulder and at Xiahou Dun. “I simply stabilize the road ahead of us.” “Us?” “Yes... . And there are still so many obstacles in the future... .” As Hanleng went on, Cao Cao spotted something odd about him. Something that was missing, but he didn't realized it until now. “Leng, wait! Where did you leave your cloak and horse?” The man just laughed quietly and soft and didn't turn around once more. “Hehehe... . I...lend them to someone... For the sake of my Lord and his future... .” The last words were more like whisper and Cao Cao couldn't understand them.
Last edited by MhiHayoli on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Unread postby Striga » Thu May 31, 2012 2:12 am

Cannot Delete
Last edited by Striga on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration