Fantasy Three Kingdoms

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Fantasy Three Kingdoms

Unread postby jiang cheng » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:20 am

Author notes: I am an inspiring author working on several work to be and that one of my wish is to do an alternative history of three kingdoms just for fun. (note that i will not follow the events closely.) It is a fan fiction tribute which i wish to pay to Koei. It is something to entertain myself and probably the others if anyone else is reading. It will be straight from my mind to the computer as i do not have the time to really amend them. Do let me know if you like my story :mrgreen: and please do not scold me if you hate it. :oops: :cry:

Chapter 1 Lost in time

Lee Yuanyi was a 22th century space and time historian going to and from in time to compile the historical events that took place throughout time. At the age of 15, he was the youngest historian to make it to the United Nation History Archive Hall with his work "The rise of Liu Bang and the Han Empire."

He was given a glowing references to his work and now he was working on his next project which he named, "The True History of The Three Kingdoms." It took him a month to get ready for the trip. Just like the previous trip, he would travel solo and observed from the fourth dimension which he would then record the events accordingly. A huge thunderstorm was on the way as he was minutes away from the trip. "Should i postpone the trip?" The answer was clear a few seconds later. He would proceed as plan.

Once secured in his seat, he pressed the start button and it went into infinite speed. It was a speed that break through the speed of light which enable the time travel to be possible. He smiled and celebrated silently. The launch was successful and in another few minutes, he would reach the destination.

In the next instance, his craft went out of indefinite speed and was spinning. Lee Yuanyi had immediately pressed on the emergency landing button. Since he owned a time travel machine five years ago, it was the first time he ever used the emergency button. The craft spiral downwards for a few more spin before it went on a nasty crash.

Lee Yuanyi came out of the craft a few minutes after the crash. He was shaken but unharmed. The sudden crash had shocked him and his legs were like jelly. The crashing spot had created a crater on an empty field. Just as he was making his way up from the crater, he heard commotions and there were several people came from all direction to the crater. They stared at him in wide eyes before one started to knee down and pray.

Lee Yuanyi wanted to laugh when he saw the scene. They must have thought that he was a god of some sort. Suddenly he was alerted. There would be no way that anyone could have seen him if he was in the fourth dimension. Instantly he was dismayed. He was been cast into the third dimension. He was shocked to the core. Any wrong move that he made would have change the course of history. Lee Yuanyi had calmed down by now and looked around. The people bowing down to him were Asian in tatter and tore clothes. He signal to the people to get up and asked "Where am i and what era is this?"

A brave middle aged man among the crowd asked him, "What are you talking about?" It was Chinese language that the middle aged man spoke. Lee Yuanyi was delighted to hear that. He was afraid that he might have land himself into the Korean or the Japanese land. He repeated the question in Chinese.

The middle aged man looked at him as if he was mad. He replied anyway, "We are in Changsha right now and it is the 15th year of Emperor Ling's rule." Lee Yuanyi made a mental calculation and he nearly died when he figured that he was about 70 years off course. Not only was he 70years off the course but he was almost struck with his travel machine in total destruction. He was a historian and he had no knowledge on how to build another time machine even through he had acquired the basic on how to do minor repairs on the space machine.

He wanted to cry but there were too many strangers around. The last thing he would want to do was to display the emotional weakness to the strangers. "What should i do now?" He questioned himself aloud. The same middle aged man who had replied to his questions told him, "You are a strange fellow and that there was an equally strange fellow in the next village. Probably you can try and speak to him."

Lee Yuanyi was delighted and asked him if he knew the direction to the next village? The middle aged man stared at Lee Yuanyi as if he was a complete lunatic before pointing to him eastwards. "You will go to the east and that it would be the next village that you see."

"How far away from here?" Lee Yuanyi questioned. "It is very near. You will reach it before you even know."

Lee Yuanyi thanked the middle aged man before he moved eastward. He hoped that he could find someone who could fixed his machine.
jiang cheng
Scholar

Re: Fantasy Three Kingdoms

Unread postby mrwongshappymushu » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:31 am

Looks great, goes through great, i love it :) keep up the good work, ill pass links around, give it publicity.. if you'd like?
mrwongshappymushu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:42 pm

looks really good keep it up. :D
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby jiang cheng » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:57 am

Thanks people.

Chapter 2 Lee Yuanyi meet Sima Hui

Lee Yuanyi had walked several miles east as per directed by the middle aged man. He had began to cursed himself for believing the middle aged man. Lee Yuanyi had never walked more than five miles in a single trip and now he had covered at least thirty miles in his own calculation. He was on a slope when he decided to take a short break before deciding if he was to give up the trip and retreat back to where he came from.

He took a good look at the surrounding below the hill. In last than an estimated four miles away, there were some huts with farming fields. That could be the village that the middle aged man was talking about. Feeling excited, Lee Yuanyi had picked himself up and continued his journey in the direction huts.

He was panting and sweating hard when he reached the huts. He went for the biggest hut and at the doorstep stood a boy no more than five years old. He was only wearing a pant and he was bare footed. The dirts on his body suggested that he had not been bathing for awhile.

"Are your parents home?" Lee Yuanyi spoke in Chinese in hope that the boy would understand. The boy did not reply, instead he was smiling and pointing to the back of the hut. Lee Yuanyi was not exactly sure if the boy understand what he was saying. He moved into the hut. There were another few kids just like the boy. They were staring at him in a curious manner. Lee Yuanyi decided to ignore them and he realised there was another door and it lead to the backyard. There he had saw a man in rag working hard to dry his corns in the sun.

"Excused me." Lee Yuanyi said as he stepped towards the middle of the backyard. The man stopped working and looked at him. The man was physically strong with well defined muscles. He had a tanned skin complexity due to long exposure to the sun and he looked just like the average folk that Lee Yuanyi had seen earlier. The only difference was that this man's eyes were shone with wisdom and intelligence.

"What do you want?" The man seemed to be unhappy to be disrupted from his chorus.

"Good man, I'm lose in a journey and that i found myself ended up in a village westwards. I had tried to ask for help and explain to the people on what was going on. No one seems to understand what i was saying and they suggested to me that I should make a trip here to find a man whom might understand what i want. I walked a long distance to come here. I would like to take a shelter and have some fresh water before i move to find the man."

The way that Lee Yuanyi spoke had made the man paid attention. He dropped whatever that he was doing and that he shown Lee Yuanyi the way in. Then he went back to the backyard only to appear moments later with some buns and a pot of hot tea.

Lee Yuanyi had decided to tell his own background and how he ended up in village at the west. The man listened most attentive from the beginning to the end. After Lee Yuanyi had finished narrating his encounter, the man finally spoke again, "Are you telling me that you had came here from 2500 years later and that you came to record history? If you are from the future, you would already have known the history 2500 years ago right? Why would you still be here then? Your suddenly appearance into here, wouldn't it change the course of the history?"

These words were like music to Lee Yuanyi, he was choked with emotions for a few minutes before he could speak up. "Finally someone could understand me. It is this reason that i want to get back as soon as possible. But i seriously doubt that i can return. My travel machine could not be fixed without the proper spare parts."

"Young man." The man called out. Lee Yuanyi stood up and said, "My name is Lee Yuanyi" stretching out his hand to the man. The man stared at his hand for a few moments. It was then that Lee Yuanyi realized that hand shaking was not a part of the Chinese culture.

"My name is Sima Hui. I think you tell the truth. Your actions and your clothing are too extreme even for the tribesmen at the border.Had you ever thought of the possibility that you had came to change history or that this is not where you are suppose to be in even through it is the right time period?"

Lee Yuanyi was puzzled by Sima Hui's words. Sima Hui went on further, "You might think that you are actually at the right place and right time but have you thought that you are on another place where it is almost exactly like the place that you want to go but your decision here would change and direct the path of history as such it will be reflected on another place 2500 years later instead of your own home?"

Lee Yuanyi's body shook hard. He had completely understand Sima Hui's theory. It was almost the same as the theory of the parallel universe just that Sima Hui explain it in a term that was not familiar to Lee Yuanyi.

"What do you think i should do now? " Lee Yuanyi asked in desperation knowing that the road home is close to impossible. Sima Hui smiled and reply, "What do you think you should do now?"

What will Lee Yuanyi do? Stay tune for the next chapter.
jiang cheng
Scholar

Unread postby jiang cheng » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:32 am

Chapter 3 Lee Yuanyi Solution to the problem

Lee Yuanyi mind was blank for a few seconds. "Master Sima, Would you be willing to travel around with me?" Sima Hui looked at Lee Yuanyi for a long while as if he was considering the situation.

It took Sima Hui a few moments to repeat his question, "What would you do now?"

Lee Yuanyi smiled and replied, "Throughout time and space, I am pretty sure that there were other people who got caught in the time and space. Some might even ended up here. All i need to do was to search around to ensure that i got the pieces that i want to refix my machine so that i can go home. Searching for these pieces would require me to go around the entire land.I might not be able to build the entire machine from scratch but i am able to repair the machine if i can find a model that was spoilt with just a few spare parts needed."

Sima Hui nodded and questioned, "These parts fell from the skies and might be regarded as the gifts from mighty heaven. The nobles or people with power will not be willing to give it up that easily." Lee Yuanyi just give a smile, "I would then snatch from them if they refused to give it to me. I do not care if it is a noble or anyone. I would still get it from them."

Sima Hui was pleased with the answer, " It would be a long and hard journey ahead and that if you are to achieve it, you must show grit and determination. I will travel along with you to witness your deeds."

Upon hearing these words, Lee Yuanyi bowed down to Sima Hui knowing that his route ahead will be smoother than if he had to go through everything himself.

Sima Hui nodded in respond. "Do you know any martial arts or military tactics?" Sima Hui asked. Lee Yuanyi nodded and replied, "Yes all these knowledge had been downloaded into me and that i had practiced them constantly whenever i could given the nature of my job, i would need these skills somedays."

"You would need all these now, first, we should make our way to the Imperial Han court in Luo Yang. This is the best place to see if you can get the items that you want." Lee Yuanyi had mentally made a note of all the equipments that he would need to assemble to form the machine to travel back home.
jiang cheng
Scholar

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:06 am

awesome! I love it so far. Can't wait for ch4 to be released. :D
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby jiang cheng » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:05 am

Chapter 4 Imperial Treasure

It had been at least a month of traveling. Sima Hui had promised to bring Lee Yuanyi to somewhere really important which could be very useful for him. For a few days, Lee Yuanyi sensed that they were traveling north but after a few turns throughout the next few days, he thought that they were actually traveling in circles but the scenery was different from the past few days. They also went through a few unknown rivers.

Finally Lee Yuanyi had caved in to his curiosity and asked Sima Hui, "Where would we be going?" He waited for a few seconds for Sima Hui reply but he was silent. He repeated his question again. This time, Sima Hui had answered in a slowly with much deliberation as if he was choosing the correct words to place into the conversation.

"We would be going to the Palace. Years ago, a huge piece of heaven treasure fell from the sky to the palace. It landed at the west side of the palace and caused a huge explosion. Surprisingly, it did nothing more than destroying the gardening storage place. It alerted the emperor enough to make his way to the location at the middle of the night. I was there as the imperial tutor. All we saw was a large piece of treasure with several parts shattered from the impact. The work seems fine. No one know what it was. The late emperor took a few good look and declared that it was a treasure from heaven. He turned to me for an explanation. Unable to give any, i echoed his words and also declared that it was a seal of approval from heaven on his reign. He was happy about it and wanted the treasure to bring to the back court for preservation."

Lee Yuanyi nodded and realised that there could be an ancient in the previous expeditions just like his. He was sure that Sima Hui had understood the connection between the two incidents. He could not tell if it was the same model as the one that he had crashed. It would not be likely to be an more advance model than his. In whichever case, from the sound of it, it was not completed shattered like his so it meant that he could likely to fix it and go home.

"There was a minor problem. The smaller parts that had came out of the treasure was taken away by the generals and people of important status. They would want to be blessed by the treasure. After placing the treasure at the back court, the late emperor did not look at it again and of course his rule was smooth but he died a few years after that and the crown prince was young so regents had been appointed. The regents had saw the treasure as an eye sore so they moved it to the back end of the storage where it could not be seen by most people. Now the crown prince had grown up and that became Emperor Ling.The fortune of our Han Dynasty is shaking since after Emperor Ling took over. His regents would be happy not to let the treasure surface again and hence we could go into the place to see the treasure."

"We could just walk in like that?" Lee Yuanyi asked.

Sima Hui shaked his head in disapproval and looked at Lee Yuanyi, "For someone who claimed to be from the future, you are not exactly very smart. Of course the normal peasants could not walk into the palace just like that. Like i had said earlier, I am the imperial tutor and i had tutored Emperor Ling so i could of course go into the palace with my position and title."
jiang cheng
Scholar

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration