Tempered Will - a tale of Cao Ren's youth (done Sep 6, 2011)

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Re: Tempered Will - a tale of Cao Ren's youth

Unread postby Rydain » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:27 am

Chapter 20 is done - 4 months after the last update. :oops: Blame my artwork for distracting me. I find it difficult to get inspired for writing when my brain is in visual mode.

We're on the final arc now. 3 more chapters to go, perhaps a 4th if a good idea kicks me in the head.
Rydain
Assistant

Re: Tempered Will - a tale of Cao Ren's youth

Unread postby Rydain » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:20 am

Chapter 21 - Cao Cao appears. Once again, blame art for getting in the way. :mrgreen:
Rydain
Assistant

Re: Tempered Will - a tale of Cao Ren's youth (Sep 5, 2011)

Unread postby Rydain » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:09 am

Finally done, after more artistic distractions and a nasty case of being out of writing mode for quite a while. I finished the story this summer but never got around to updating this thread.

Chapter 22 brings some gruff manly amusement, and 23 is the brief finale.

I'm seeking to edit this draft down to 30K words for submission to the Kunlun Journal's wuxia fiction anthology. Suggestions for improvement would be appreciated. :D
Rydain
Assistant

Re: Tempered Will - a tale of Cao Ren's youth (done Sep 6, 2011)

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:51 pm

Been a longggggg time since you last posted an update. I might give you some opinions in the next few weeks before I head back to uni!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Re: Tempered Will - a tale of Cao Ren's youth (done Sep 6, 2011)

Unread postby Rydain » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:40 am

Thanks!

I've already made a ton of progress on the submission draft. Some of the weaker scenes have been cut, with their development summarized elsewhere. I'm also streamlining the more long-winded prose.

Feel free to look over the original version. The major arcs, character development, and tone are pretty much unchanged. However, I'd appreciate critique on prose, dialog, and scene selection being reserved for the polished draft. I'm updating it as subsequent sections are ready to post.

Tempered Will - public beta (September 10, 2011)
Rydain
Assistant

Previous

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration