Digital Photos

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:00 am

Aquinas wrote:The XT. I've been looking for an entry level DSLR for a while, and BestBuy recently had a sale to clear out their old stock. It also came with a free Lowepro case and an 8gb CompactFlash card. The deal ended up saving me a few hundred dollars that I would've otherwise had to spend if I went for the XTi.

Lol I work at Staples, we cut the XTI down to $699.98. Which is normally $899.98. Worlds greatest camera at the worlds greatest price.. That was EASY!
eh, ill find something witty to put here later.

Nothing do your mortal soul.
Arashi Baiko
Combat: 100
Command: 85
Charisma: 75
Intelligence: 70
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:14 am

The BestBuy deal cost me $539.99 for the XT body, kit lens, 8gb CompactFlash card and a LowePro case. The only deal that was comparable at the time was a deal at CostCo for the XT body, kit lens and an EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM lens for $579.99, but even then I'd still have to purchase a CompactFlash Card and case, so the obvious choice was BestBuy.

Comparisons (after factoring in the card, case and taxes):

Minimal price for the CompactFlash card: $118.62
Minimal price for the Lowepro case: $28.99

Bestbuy: $621.00 after taxes
Costco: $835.00 after taxes
Staples XTi @ $699.98: $975.00 after taxes

So for me, somebody who is just starting out in photography and a student on a budget, the best choice was the BestBuy sale.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:58 am

Aquinas wrote:The BestBuy deal cost me $539.99 for the XT body, kit lens, 8gb CompactFlash card and a LowePro case. The only deal that was comparable at the time was a deal at CostCo for the XT body, kit lens and an EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM lens for $579.99, but even then I'd still have to purchase a CompactFlash Card and case, so the obvious choice was BestBuy.

Comparisons (after factoring in the card, case and taxes):

Minimal price for the CompactFlash card: $118.62
Minimal price for the Lowepro case: $28.99

Bestbuy: $621.00 after taxes
Costco: $835.00 after taxes
Staples XTi @ $699.98: $975.00 after taxes

So for me, somebody who is just starting out in photography and a student on a budget, the best choice was the BestBuy sale.

*Cough* We price match *Cough*

Arashi Baiko
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:53 am

The flow of the conversation has been this:

1) I responded with that I purchased the XT due to the BestBuy offer being the most cost effective for me.
2) You replied by informing me that the Staples XTi deal was a better offer than the BestBuy XT deal.
3) I outlined my reasoning behind why the XT deal at BestBuy was preferable for me.
4) You then mention that Staples price matches. Staples was mentioned due to their XTi and not the XT, so I can only assume that they would be price matching the XT with a free CompactFlash card and Lowepro case. If that's the case then it really doesn't matter, as each store would be offering the same product for the same price and the aforementioned deal would still be the better deal over the XTi for me.

I'm a bit confused as to what you are trying to say by mentioning that they price match. All that would do is provide me with another store to purchase the same deal that I already wanted and it would not allow me to purchase an XTi for the same price as the XT.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:02 am

Aquinas wrote:The flow of the conversation has been this:

1) I responded with that I purchased the XT due to the BestBuy offer being the most cost effective for me.
2) You replied by informing me that the Staples XTi deal was a better offer than the BestBuy XT deal.
3) I outlined my reasoning behind why the XT deal at BestBuy was preferable for me.
4) You then mention that Staples price matches. Staples was mentioned due to their XTi and not the XT, so I can only assume that they would be price matching the XT with a free CompactFlash card and Lowepro case. If that's the case then it really doesn't matter, as each store would be offering the same product for the same price and the aforementioned deal would still be the better deal over the XTi for me.

I'm a bit confused as to what you are trying to say by mentioning that they price match. All that would do is provide me with another store to purchase the same deal that I already wanted and it would not allow me to purchase an XTi for the same price as the XT.

...I have pride in my store...and im having a very confusing day.

[Kong Edit: Fixed your broken quote.]

Arashi Baiko
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:22 pm

All's I know is, I want a cool pocket watch & chain like yours. Beautiful!
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Baiko Arashi » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:15 pm

Question. The Rebel XT is made by Canon...They use SD not CF format cards dont they?

Arashi Baiko
Baiko Arashi
Prison Warden of SoSZ

Unread postby Aquinas » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:25 am

The XT and XTi both only take CompactFlash. The only Canon DSLR that can take SD (along with the standard CompactFlash) is the 1Ds series, but those suckers usually go for over $5,000.

moved to: http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=18830
Last edited by Aquinas on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Aquinas » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:29 am

Well, it's fruit. I really like how this one turned out.

moved to: http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=18830
Last edited by Aquinas on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aquinas
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:16 am

Wow that house looks cozy.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration