Ezekiel's Photoshop Works

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Ezekiel's Photoshop Works

Unread postby Jason » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:27 pm

So, we downloaded a 30 day trial of Photoshop CS3 Extended. I kinda taught myself by messing around, and have finished a few personal problems. Hope you guys like them.

Aerith and Lucretia from Dirge of Cerberus

Chaos Vincent - The glow of Chaos really makes it look unnatural on the background, but I am fiddling around to fix it.

Random and fun pokepeople...not good at all

And my prized possession, the alter ego of Ezekiel; Caelus

The font is "Dukeplus", except for the two s's, they are called "Mael", because duke's looked like weird f's or l's. I think it's near impossible to tell they are different. I just love this one.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Re: Ezekiel's Photoshop Works

Unread postby Lulu » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:29 pm

I really like the last one, it has a nice balance to it. The only thing I would suggest is a little shadow under the letters to make them look less flat. Other then that, very nice.

What program did you do the triple triad cards in?
Wu, Shu, and Wei videos made with much love.
5 posts down http://the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13461 Enjoy :)
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:06 pm

Lulu wrote:I really like the last one, it has a nice balance to it. The only thing I would suggest is a little shadow under the letters to make them look less flat. Other then that, very nice.

Give some very subtle outer glows a shot. They can work wonders!
And I don't mean lighter 'glows'--I mean darker. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jason » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:34 am

Ok, I been trying more things, trying to improve:

We honestly know very little about special effects. I'd say my cropping and repainting has gotten decent, but I'm curious to other things. This is just a free trial though, so, I'm not really sure what I'm missing out on. The Squall & Paine one is my new current love though.

I've seen others do glows around people, and I'd imagine it's pretty simple....do I need to buy Photoshop3 to get all this? It would really help my characters "pop" more.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Jake » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:54 pm

Personally, I think that Vincet in the first row of pictures is best of them, but in the second post I must admire how you have settled Paine and Squall to the background that fits fantastic! The other images were little sloppy and you’ve could have chosen a better font or blurry them a bit. The same goes in example with the image that has Cloud and Squall in it, where Cloud’s hair reaches the border, it seems to the eye as too sharp. I know it’s a major problem when separating a character from other picture to another (and the damn thing bothers me even when I’m trying to make images that have transparent colors) but it needs much of practice.

Good pics thought all of that. I’ll expect more from you.
Puhkon silmäni, että näkisin
En tahdo nähdä, mutta näen sen väkisin
Runtelen korvani, jotta kuulisin
En ymmärrä, mutta kuulen sen väkisin
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:34 am

Yeah, finding pictures that go well together is tough. Two characters of different art styles really look odd together.

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Jason » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:37 am

Ok, I've find the glow/shadow tools, and I think it has improved my work. Here are two new ones, and some drop shadow added to Paine/Squall:

Caelus of the Night

Caelus of the Sky

Atkura

Love this one!

For a friend

Some drop shadow added; as suggested by you guys. I really like how it looks. Just learning to right click and check has really up'd my game I feel.

So, feedback on the first five?

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Jake » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:10 pm

I find the Caelus of the Sky more interesting and althought better than the Caelus of Night. Soemhow the grey hair doesn't fit to the background as well as the one with white hair. Remember this from this on, try to fit something dark always when the background allows it. Dark or somewhat called "evil" characters don't fit to too bright backgrounds.

The second one which has this one girl and says "Atkura" is my favorite of these new images with the Caelus of the Sky. Thought to the fact I mentioned that dark characters don't fit to a vright backround, it fits when thinked backwards. The glow within this character is done well when thought about how you fit it to the image. But the glow within the text Atkura somehow annoys me, when I look at to it and the character. It would look better if it would have yellow glow with both of them. Just like in the next pic you've done.

The next one which has the two of the earlier characters looks very nice! The grey hair fits better to this image because of the background and so on. And you've fit the characters very nicely. What else I could say? I love this pic.

The last one is good too, because it has a color-based world that fits to the characters glow and so on. You have fit the character nicely to the background (I seem to repeat myself, but whatever).

I gotta say that this is much improved from the earlier works you've done. You have improved so damn quickly that I can't even imagine it. Do you use internet online guides? Tell me your secret!

Keep on making these, they're wonderful!
Puhkon silmäni, että näkisin
En tahdo nähdä, mutta näen sen väkisin
Runtelen korvani, jotta kuulisin
En ymmärrä, mutta kuulen sen väkisin
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:14 am

Well, I practiced getting a steadier hand for cropping, and found high quality characters and backgrounds. I was happy with my cropping, but sometimes it's just impossible to be perfect with it. So when I learned about glow, I noticed having an inner glow really seemed to cover up the tiny cropping mistakes; just smoothed it all out. When I find more pictures I get excited about, I will make some new stuff. The last batch of characters are from the MMO Aion, as are the awesome backgrounds. I haven't used an online guides. Just a lot of right clicking, and careful cropping.

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Foif » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:33 am

Ezekiel wrote:Well, I practiced getting a steadier hand for cropping, and found high quality characters and backgrounds. I was happy with my cropping, but sometimes it's just impossible to be perfect with it. So when I learned about glow, I noticed having an inner glow really seemed to cover up the tiny cropping mistakes; just smoothed it all out. When I find more pictures I get excited about, I will make some new stuff. The last batch of characters are from the MMO Aion, as are the awesome backgrounds. I haven't used an online guides. Just a lot of right clicking, and careful cropping.

Good job on the cropping actually, most people that i see cant go into that much detail.

What tool are you using?
Foif
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration