Blatherings, scribbles and unenlightened musings...

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Unread postby Jordan » Thu May 17, 2007 10:34 pm

I hate poetry that doesn't rhyme. To me, it's not poetic. I really like your work. It actually reminds me of some of the things my sister writes (she writes a lot of dark stuff). Nice work, Mitsunari.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Thu May 17, 2007 10:49 pm

SlickSlicer wrote:I hate poetry that doesn't rhyme. To me, it's not poetic. I really like your work. It actually reminds me of some of the things my sister writes (she writes a lot of dark stuff). Nice work, Mitsunari.

Thanks bud, I really appreciate that! Much obliged.

I'll be sure to dig out a few more in due course. :D
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Kristina » Fri May 18, 2007 1:58 am

Bring it? Bring what? Daffodils?

Uh, I didn't mean to piss you off, I was joking around. I wasn't suggesting your comment was critical either, it was just an 'afterthought', if you will.

Sorry.

:? No, I'm not pissed. . .Weirdo! Iunno what gave you the impression that I was!
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri May 18, 2007 1:26 pm

Kristina wrote: :? No, I'm not pissed. . .Weirdo! Iunno what gave you the impression that I was!

You countered my dry humour with equal dryness, and I got scared. :lol:

I just fished out an 'interesting' duet of musings from my water-damaged notepads. Be gentle, I was young and full of zeal...

I step into the realm of conformity, purely as a means to an end.
Hitherto, I have savagely scorned normality, however, henceforth, it shall now be my vehicle.

A device; to exploit, to manipulate, to subvert - to induce a change on an unprecidented scale. When the time is propituous, others shall follow my lead, and walk the path to salvation.

The dawning of a revolution is nigh, and as the night turns to day, we shall thus find redemption in the arms of freedom.

...and moderately stupid too. God, what was I thinking?!

And finally, a moment of self-analysis. Psyche-wise...

The confusion, the perplexity; they have returned with a renewed vengeance. It addles my already jaded brain; pulverising it into submission.
The brief moments of clarity are overbore by this vindictive, nay machiavellian intruder. Day after day this conflict, this full-scale war with the demons within rages ever onward.

I live in hope of redemption; a saving grace that'll erradicate this monstrous disease forevermore.

Begone, self-doubt.

Begone, self-loathing.

Begone, and permit me live, and not merely exist.

I'm not really expecting any appraisals for these, as they're not exactly artistic or anything. Just give 'em a glance, if you want to. :D
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue May 22, 2007 2:00 pm

Finally got around to posting some of my sketches. I'm no Van Gogh, but I'm fairly good at drawing heads and faces. Bodies; not so good!

Iris from the Ragnarok comics.
Kaneda from Akira.

A sketch I copied from Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory lyric sheet. It's Miiiiister Haaaaaaahn! :lol:
Mitsunari

Unread postby Mei » Fri May 25, 2007 7:46 am

Wow! These are excellent drawings, Mitsunari. I think the Iris drawing is absolutely brilliant, but they are all wonderful sketches. Keep showing us more of your works, please. :D
Mei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Fri May 25, 2007 11:19 am

Love the first sketch Mr. Ishida. :)

Very manga/anime-like, in my opinion.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri May 25, 2007 4:49 pm

Thank you very much Mei and Slick, your praise is indeed appreciated. :D

I do tend to incorporate a distinctive Manga flavour in most of my sketches nowadays, mainly because I'm infatuated with the style itself.

I'm working on a Vash the Stampede sketch right now (the guy from Trigun, obviously), and I'll post it right away upon completion. :D
Mitsunari

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sun May 27, 2007 12:20 pm

This is a sketch I did of Jubei Yagyu from Ninja Resurrection yesterday. I realise it's at an angle, but I couldn't fit it all in via a face-on shot.
Grr...If only my bloody scanner was still operational...
Last edited by Mitsunari on Sun May 27, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitsunari

Unread postby xiaocaca » Sun May 27, 2007 2:07 pm

I really like the Jubei Yagyu sketch. Nice details.

Your work is nice, but it could be nicer if it weren't on lined paper. :wink: Of course, I understand that sometimes all we have on hand is lined paper. Still, the lines detract from the overall drawing.
xiaocaca
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration