Blatherings, scribbles and unenlightened musings...

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Unread postby Mitsunari » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:21 am

Baiko Arashi wrote:yeah gan ning was great but i have a strange feeling i've seen that picture somewhere before.

You probably have, I used the Gan Ning San Comic strip as a reference.

Hopefully, with some intensive practice, I should be able to sketch some San Comic-esque stuff without a reference.

Look out Peng, I'm after your job! :lol:

RocketPower wrote:Wow! Your much better att drawing then me..... The Gan Ning picture was pretty good, but I like Lu Su better.

Thanks RP, much obliged.

Yeah, I like the Lu Su one more also. It was far simpler to draw, but the guy is just hilarity personified, imo.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:54 pm

Ooh, I haven't posted anything here for ages...well, I've lost my muse you see...can't find her anywhere. :wink:

I'm in the process of finding some suitable G1 Transformers references to sketch, should be fun. I was a dab hand at drawing TF's (and GI Joe peeps) when I was younger, so it shouldn't be tooooo difficult to pick up where I left off.

Roll out, ya muthers! :lol:

...sigh...
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Ricky » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:55 am

Haha, great Gan Ning pic. That was awesome.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Ricky wrote:Haha, great Gan Ning pic. That was awesome.

Thanks, Ricky! :D

I vow to produce more sketches soon once I get some decent leisure time at my disposal.
Mitsunari

Re: Blatherings, scribbles and unenlightened musings...

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Well the pretentious poetic musings fizzled out long ago, but I've been designing tattoo's for friends as well as trying to bulk up my portfolio for mah 'business venture plans', I'll upload a few later this week when I have some time.
Mitsunari

Unread postby RocketPower » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Woah! Having thought of this site in a long time, then got an email out of nowhere about a subscribed thread...

Long time no see, buddy. :mrgreen: Looking forward to seeing your designs. How've you been?
RocketPower! RocketPower! He's the strongest and the fastest and the brightest! Go go! RocketPower!

Also: The Batcave Bakery
RocketPower
Student

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:09 pm

PARROT!! How the devil are you, my ol' weirdo-in-arms?? :mrgreen:

Yeah it's definitely been a loooong time since we last spoke...must be almost 4yrs?! I'll drop you a PM, tell me all your gossip *squeals like a girl* lol...

Where were we? Aye, the designs, I'll whack 'em on later this week probably. :D
Mitsunari

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:33 am

Ok, a slight detour from my previous, uh, 'artistic endeavours'...I've been messing about on Photoshop for a year or so now, I'm still very much at the Intermediate stage technically, however self-teaching via trial and error seems to serve me quite well!

This is an artistic composition, comprised of manipulated images and an altered background image; a friend of mine requested it for his small business, since he's naff at Photoshop...the brief was: "Well, y'know, something different...loads of various stuff on a pretty background, easy enough..." :roll:

Well, here it is, anyway. Please feel free to offer any criticism's or possible ways to improve the composition:

Mitsunari

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:40 am

Since I'm a mahoosive fan of the original G1 Transformers, particularly the toy box art, I've been dabbling somewhat in the few free hours I have per day...

This was meant to be the header/banner of a website I was creating, for the production, order and sale of reproduced TF boxes. But uh, yeeeeeah, I discovered that Hasbro frown heavily upon such endeavours...pfft.

'Boxing Clever', see, t'was a good bloody website name for the purpose.
Mitsunari

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:01 pm

RocketPower wrote:Woah! Having thought of this site in a long time, then got an email out of nowhere about a subscribed thread...

Long time no see, buddy. :mrgreen: Looking forward to seeing your designs. How've you been?

I do wonder if Monsieur Nutcase is still floating aboot...er, about...his lunacy was indeed magnificent, back in the day.

Also, new photoshop creations to post soon, when I can recall my photobucket login.
Mitsunari

PreviousNext

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration