Fate of a Rebel/Parody of the Three Kingdoms

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Unread postby James » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:34 pm

If it was email I’d send it to you.

Rather, I hear about it from people who chat on IRC or in other services. They tell me about how much their friends are enjoying it, or how much they love it. SimRTK is discovering it now too. It really is funny.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Perhong_Angtong » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:04 pm

Good for you Taishi, In the short time you've had your comic online, it has gotten more hits than TNDOAE. Guess I should update more often, that might help...
Perhong_Angtong
Initiate

Unread postby James » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:39 pm

Perhong_Angtong wrote:Good for you Taishi, In the short time you've had your comic online, it has gotten more hits than TNDOAE. Guess I should update more often, that might help...

I know this is the wrong place, but do you still need 1.5 to patch 1.0?
1.0 in your signature leads to an expired file.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Perhong_Angtong » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:45 pm

James wrote:
Perhong_Angtong wrote:Good for you Taishi, In the short time you've had your comic online, it has gotten more hits than TNDOAE. Guess I should update more often, that might help...

I know this is the wrong place, but do you still need 1.5 to patch 1.0?
1.0 in your signature leads to an expired file.

Dang, gotta go check on V1...

V1.5 is in the patcher contained within the ZIP of V1. That's V1.5. I'll do better for V2 though.

As for the place... I haven't created a thread yet... maybe I should, but I just don't want any trouble.

By the way, I can't wait to see what you'll put for Yuan Shu's end!
Perhong_Angtong
Initiate

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:09 am

Hey James, please replace all of Sun Ce's avatars with this one (might need to resize it):

Thanks, James. (And Xiahou Mao.)
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby James » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:25 am

I have replaced Sun Ce with his bored/drugged counterpart. :P
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Ricky » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:37 pm

Hope to see more soon! I have read everything you have, and I enjoy it too! Glad to hear SimRTK also has been reading it. Like James said, it's funny alright. Keep up this great work.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:26 am

Fate of a Rebel: Part 24
Nan Yang Part 1
---

At Nan Yang Castle...

Image Yuan Shu: Ah, I've still got my powder and my women here and I've been lounging around all day. I don't think anything could go wrong now.

Image Jia Xu: Hey boss, I have some bad news for you.

Image Yuan Shu: Is it good bad news?

Image Jia Xu: I don't think that's possible.

Image Yuan Shu: Oh well, just hurry up and tell me then. I don't have all day.

Image Jia Xu: Well, according to our scouts, Liu Bei's army has captured all our cities besides this one, taken Chen Cang Fortress, and is on the march here right now. Also, most of your generals have abandoned you.

Image Yuan Shu: I never liked those cities anyway. Besides, we'll be fine as soon as Yuan Yin gets back. Where is he, anyway?

Image Jia Xu: I think he just got back, actually.

Image Yuan Shu: What? Then send him in!

Image Yuan Yin: Hi.

Image Yuan Shu: So what's the status? Is Yuan Shao going to help us?

Image Yuan Yin: Well, at first he wasn't going to send anybody, but after I mentioned how you took that "thing from the one corner of that closet" or whatever he agreed to bring his whole army.

Image Yuan Shu: Good job! Now go find Lu Fan and start getting ready to defend the castle.

Image Yuan Yin: Right now? I just ran all the way back from Jizhou...

Image Yuan Shu: Yes, now! This is important. I'm the only one allowed to slack off around here.

Image Yuan Yin: Fine, fine...

Image Jia Xu: What about me? Did you want me to come up with an unbeatble plan to defend the castle?

Image Yuan Shu: No, that's Lu Fan's job. What I need you to do is go find the most insignificant thing you can find in the castle. Then you need to make a copy of it for me to give to Yuan Shao.
Image Jia Xu: Couldn't you just give whatever it is to him?

Image Yuan Shu: I'm not wasting my stuff on him. Now get to it.

Image Jia Xu: What are you gonna do?

Image Yuan Shu: I'm going back to my room for more powder.

Image Jia Xu: I don't think that's going to help.

Image Yuan Shu: Nonsense. Powder solves every problem.

Image Jia Xu: *sigh* I guess I'll keep that in mind...

Meanwhile, somewhere nearby...

Image Chen Deng: According to the recon, the only things left defending Nan Yang are two poorly-guarded gates. We can probably capture it today if we strike soon.

Image Huo Hu: Good, good. Now then, here's the plan: Every other time we've attacked a big castle like this, we've always sent our whole army out at once, which never seems to work out that great. So this time we're going to split our forces into groups. We'll send one group against each of the gates, and then the last group can attack the castle itself.

Image Guan Yu: Okay, then who's in which group?

Image Huo Hu: I figured we'd have the weaker people attacking the gates, so... Let's make it Wang Gui, Yang Jin, and Mi Zhe for the first gate; Liu Feng, Guan Ping, and Chen Deng for the second gate; and everyone else will attack the castle.

Image Zhang Fei: Wait... didn't you say we were supposed to steal the Imperial Seal first?

Image Huo Hu: That's right, which is why I want Song Yong and Song Ren to sneak inside the castle and get it.

Image Song Ren: Why do we have to do it?

Image Huo Hu: Because when we have these big battles you two always seem to win it by yourselves while everyone else is offscreen. So this time you'll just be doing a side job instead so we can win for once.

Image Song Yong: That sounds like a rather petty reason. But at least we have a cool job!

Image Song Ren: Whatever. Let's just get this over with.

At Nan Yang's first gate...

Image Liang Ji: ...What? I'm on now? Hang on a second, I have to find my script.

Image Rebel Force: But sir... the enemy's at the gates.

Image Liang Ji: They can't attack me, I'm not ready! I can't remember my line...

Image Wang Gui: I say, shouldn't they be attacking us about now?

Image Yang Jin: D'arr, they be afraid of us methinks!

Image Rebel Force: Hey um, guys, could you come back later? This isn't really a good time.

Image Mi Zhe: We're an invading army. The whole point is that it isn't a good time.

Image Liang Ji: Just give me a second. I need to know what I'm supposed to say.

Image Wang Gui: Bloody hell, is it that important? We're not going to wait around for you.

Image Liang Ji: Fine then, be that way! But don't expect me to fight you if I don't have anything cool to say!

ImageImageImage Wang Giu, Yang Jin & Mi Zhe: ......

Image Wang Gui: Are there any normal blokes in this country?

Image Mi Zhe: Forget it, let's just keep going.

Meanwhile, at the rear of Nan Yang Castle...

Image Song Yong: So bro, are you ready to do some sneaking around?

Image Song Ren: Not really, but at least this time we don't have to do any fighting. So I guess that's a plus.

Image Song Yong: Time for these guys to deal with Song Yong the Sneaky!

Image Song Ren: I thought it was Song Yong the Mighty.

Image Song Yong: Can't I be both?

Image Song Ren: No.

Image Song Yong: Hey, watch out, here comes someone.

Image Rebel Force: Is somebody there?

Image Song Yong: Quick, stand completely still! Then they can't see you.

Image Song Ren: What makes you think... never mind, I really don't care at this point.

Image Rebel Force: Hey, who are you guys?

Image Song Ren: Look, I'm not gonna lie to you. We're from Liu Bei's army, and we're here to steal back the Imperial Seal. Any idea where it is?

Image Rebel Force: Actually, yes. Follow me and I'll take you to it.

Image Song Ren: Wow, that was easy. Come on, Song Yong, let's go.

Image Song Yong: I don't think we should trust him. We could be walking into a trap.

Image Rebel Force: Not really. Nobody around here likes working for Yuan Shu these days. All he does is lounge around in his rooms while we have to work all day.

Image Song Ren: Yeah, he's probably hopped up on powder right now...

Back inside Nan Yang Castle...

Image Yuan Shu: Where the hell is my powder?

Image Lu Fan: You called me, lord?

Image Yuan Shu: Yes, I need your help. My powder stash is gone and I need help looking for it.

Image Lu Fan: Where did you last see it?

Image Yuan Shu: I was hiding it in the corner of this closet here...

Image Jia Xu: Maybe the enemy stole it.

Image Yuan Shu: What makes you say that?

Image Jia Xu: Um, wasn't the whole reason they were invading us to get the powder and women?

Image Yuan Yin: Technically it was because Yuan Shu declared himself Emperor and rebelled against the Han.

Image Jia Xu: That's just a minor detail. The point is, they're out to get you. They probably already sent in someone to steal it all.

Image Yuan Shu: Well they're not going to get away with this! Yuan Yin, Lu Fan, let's go get 'em!

The three of them leave.

Image Jia Xu: He was right, powder does solve everything. Now I just need to find somewhere to hide all of it...

At Nan Yang's second gate...

Image Chen Lan: How did we end up like this? We got stuck guarding a gate, and as soon as the enemy captures it, everyone is going to forget who we are.

Image Liang Gang: I know what you mean. But at least then we get to go on break, right?

Image Chen Lan: Well that's true...

Image Liu Feng: Hey you guys, we're here to attack you now. Get ready to--

Image Chen Lan: But then you know it's the principle of the thing. If we're forced to come out here like this we should at least have an important job to do.

Image Liang Gang: Well if everyone thought that way we'd never get anything done.

Image Guan Ping: Right, uh, we're going to--

Image Chen Lan: Now look here, just because I'm some bit player doesn't mean I can't make an impact. That's all I'm saying.

Image Chen Deng: Could you two shut up long enough for us to kill you?

Image Liang Gang: Oh look, now the enemy's here. What are we supposed to do now?

Image Chen Lan: We shouldn't take it. I say we go on strike!

Image Liu Feng: What the hell are you guys talking about?

Image Liang Gang: Sorry, but we can't fight you now. We're going on strike.

Image Chen Lan: Yeah, we're going to hold out for bigger wages and more respect from Yuan Shu.

Image Guan Ping: That's great. Now, about that fighting part...

Image Liang Gang: This is a great idea, Chen Lan! Now we'll finally get some respect. Nothing can stop us now!

ImageImageImage Liu Feng, Guan Ping & Chen Deng: ......

Image Chen Deng: Sometimes I'm not sure whether this job is getting easier or harder.

Later, at the base camp...

Image Huo Hu: You remember what to say, right?

Emperor: Uh... "Yuan Shu, I'm the Emperor and you're not, so if you could surrender, that'd be great."

Image Huo Hu: Well, that's not at all what I told you to say, but it's close enough for me.

Image Zhang Fei: Hey, we're about ready to go here.

Image Huo Hu: Good. It's time to take out Yuan Shu. Everyone, move out!

to be continued...
Last edited by Taishi Ci 2.0 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby Ricky » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:43 am

Very good. Hope to see more soon. Chen Lan and Ling Gang went on strike! That Yuan Shu, might get what he needs.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Perhong_Angtong » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:02 pm

Yeah! More fighting screenshots! I'm guessing next part is coming soon?
Perhong_Angtong
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration