San Peng Guo Comic Discussion

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

San Peng Guo Comic Discussion

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:17 pm

Please sticky this or something =/.
http://san.pengguo.com/
the Comics there. What do you guys think of Dilu horse? I think it is unsuitable for young kids because it has a butt
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Jeremy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:02 am

So...it's unsuitable for anything to have a butt? I know that's not what you meant and he's gotten people telling him it's bad and some telling him it's good in e-mails (I'm one of the members at the forums). Also, I don't think the comic targets young children as their audience. I think there's been at least the word "dammit" in there at one point. So one should criticize that for the kid idea as opposed to a butt for a head, or, as the children's insult goes, "butthead".

And his newest comic, I would think a man dressing up as a female hooker would be worse for the children :-P
Jeremy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby James » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:08 am

Having read every one of the comics, I can assure you that a double-assed horse is far from the most 'unsuitable' thing he has tossed into his comic. He play on a multitude of taboos (which is part of the reason why I have enjoyed reading every comic in the series).
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Jeremy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:16 am

Examples:
The fact that Zhang Fei wanted to be a sister.
Zhao Yun in playgirl magazine, which Gongsun Zan looked at.
The whole thing with the 'scantily-clothed' girls at Yuan Shao's death.
The whole strip club that Zhao Yun was at.
There are many other things, but these are just a few ;-)
Jeremy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:08 pm

There's profanity here and there...

Liu Bang in a bikini...

Lu Bu in a bikini...

Cao Ren getting castrated...

and the latest...Xu Shu as a hooker :D
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:30 pm

Oh, I love it, reading it all, it might take a while but I will!!

Hehehe, Xu Huang's Turban!!

EDIT: Omg its all so funny!! Cao Pi the frog!!
Last edited by SunXia on Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:45 pm

Jeremy wrote:So...it's unsuitable for anything to have a butt? I know that's not what you meant and he's gotten people telling him it's bad and some telling him it's good in e-mails (I'm one of the members at the forums). Also, I don't think the comic targets young children as their audience. I think there's been at least the word "dammit" in there at one point. So one should criticize that for the kid idea as opposed to a butt for a head, or, as the children's insult goes, "butthead".

And his newest comic, I would think a man dressing up as a female hooker would be worse for the children :-P
yeah but the zhao yun strip club thing and the horse was together at the same time. I mean seriously T.V targets kids these days that sex is ok and smoking is ok but a butt came out of no where, people arent familiar with the butt.
I was ok with The fact that Zhang Fei wanted to be a sister.
Zhao Yun in playgirl magazine, which Gongsun Zan looked at.
Because it refers to how Koei makes him a poster boy for every dw series.
The whole thing with the 'scantily-clothed' girls at Yuan Shao's death. is like disrespect most of the people i know do not find that funny.
The whole strip club thing zhao yun was at makes zhao yun have more character and get to know what kind of person he is.

Xu Shu lives in a cardbroad box and it refers to liu bei sleeping outside. Of course even the T.V shows us how hookers are ok too in fact holland and austrilia made it legal to have hookers while xu shu only has bad make up
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby Jiang Zhi » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:46 am

I think you're overanalysing it...

...it's made to be funny for fans who knows about Rot3K and likes the history of the Three Kingdoms, not for kids. Besides, not many kids would like history of the 3 Kingdoms...usually teenagers at least.
Jiang Zhi of Foshan, style Maodi
~*!越武帝!*~ - 我愛我的妻子孫尚香!
Nan Hai, Jiaozhou

Laconius Arts and Design My Rot3K fanfiction
Jiang Zhi
Sun Shang Xiang's puppy-eyed slave

Unread postby Jeremy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:33 am

Shadowlink wrote:Xu Shu lives in a cardbroad box and it refers to liu bei sleeping outside. Of course even the T.V shows us how hookers are ok too in fact holland and austrilia made it legal to have hookers while xu shu only has bad make up

That's not all he has.
He's a man dressing up as a woman. He's got fake breasts, a short skirt, smoking, a purse, and Liu Bei asks how much he costs.

Sex, cross-dressing, smoking, cursing, etc. are much worse than giving a horse a butt head. Again, that's something that most young kids say at least once, nowhere near as bad as the other things presented in this comic. The horse's head is a joke to the 'mark' on Dilu's 'head'. I even doubt anyone under the age of 12 reads this comic on a normal basis.
Jeremy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:34 pm

Jeremy wrote:
Shadowlink wrote:Xu Shu lives in a cardbroad box and it refers to liu bei sleeping outside. Of course even the T.V shows us how hookers are ok too in fact holland and austrilia made it legal to have hookers while xu shu only has bad make up

That's not all he has.
He's a man dressing up as a woman. He's got fake breasts, a short skirt, smoking, a purse, and Liu Bei asks how much he costs.

Sex, cross-dressing, smoking, cursing, etc. are much worse than giving a horse a butt head. Again, that's something that most young kids say at least once, nowhere near as bad as the other things presented in this comic. The horse's head is a joke to the 'mark' on Dilu's 'head'. I even doubt anyone under the age of 12 reads this comic on a normal basis.
you never know what young kids do these days and i know alot of them 10 year olds on xanga :D . but we already know the big thing about micheal jackson with make up so kids are prepare for it. you sure it is a mark of the dilu? shouldnt it be dark? sex media. Cross-dressing we see it in different form, smoking we see everywhere in the streets, cursing hell everyone does it. Giving a horse a butt.... t.v doesnt cover it for us, usually the butt is something we shouldnt see and shouldnt touch and it is disguiting. I can't say anything there, I don't really feel any humor in it, it was kind of like yuan shao and girls, I just saw disrespect in yuan shao and dilu with a butt kissing liu bei, a regular mouth to mouth is okay, he can at least make it into a animal like a boar. Of course Im happy now that I don't get to see the horse's face.

funny you say that jiang zhi because more people/kids play dw than the actually history and you usually know how it spreads.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Next

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration