Adam's ramblings and writings and other lame stuff

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Which do you prefer?

Happy Ending
56%
Unhappy ending
44%

Total votes : 9

Unread postby Adam » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:50 am

Yet more glorious garbage!
-----------------
Kelden 2489-25??

Kelden was born in the very lowest rung of Noreport's society. His father was a butler to a rich merchant, but was treated as more of a slave than just a servant. His mother was a tavern wench, at the Grinning Antelope Pub and Inn, one of the most seedy places in all the Empire.

By the age of 4 Kelden realized that he was quite a bit different than all the other children, he could anticipate what people were going to do, and even say, before they did or said it,
His mother was a very superstitious woman, and feared magic greatly. His father was angered by magic, saying that the world would be better the way it was before the Great Cleansing. So Kelden hid it from his parents as much as he could.

When Kelden turned 10 he realized that if he thought about moving objects hard enough, he could make them move. He kept all of this from his parents, so as not to anger them.

At the age of 15, his mother got into a huge argument with his father, and his father raised his hand to hit her. In his anger, Kelden lost control, and caused his father to fly across the room and crash through the wall of the tiny home.
His mother stared at him in disbelief, and then ran to see if his father was alright. When his father finally arose from the rubble, he told Kelden to leave his home and never return, and that he was a freak who had no place in there.

At the age of 16 Kelden apprenticed himself to a fairly powerful mage, in the town of Nestley, a few miles south of Noreport. The mage tried to teach Kelden how to use magic, but Kelden could only manage to cast minor cantrips.
The mage called him a failure, and told him he had no place there. Kelden became angry and again lost control, and flung the man across the room.
When the man arose he stared at Kelden, as if trying to figure out what he was, when he spoke he told Kelden to go to the town of Noreport, and look up a man he called a "psionicist", by the name of Omleran.
Kelden did as he was bid, and headed off for Noreport.

By the age of 20 Kelden had become one of the most powerful psionicists in the Empire, one of a very elite group of people born with special powers of the mind.
-------------
OK, having problems ending it, and a few issues in the middle for some reason
My connection is so damn slow tonight, I think I forgot some of the stuff I had while I was waiting for this page to load, blah!
Last edited by Adam on Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:07 am

Ugh, this is kinda hard when you haven't finished a story about 'em, I don't feel like givin' it away in a freakin' bio! :P
-----------------
Arkais Alaudin 2488-25??

Arkais Alaudin was born in the small town of Prant, in the middle of a large forest. His mother did not work, his father, however, was a renowned ranger, and also the town's leader.

At the age of 5 Arkais' father began to teach Arkais about his work as a ranger. He took him into the forest, and showed him the animals, and other craetures that lived in the forest.

At the age of 8 his father began to teach him how to use a bow, he set up a small archery range in the backyard of their home, and gave Arkais lessons everyday.

At the age of 12 Arkais knew how to use a bow better than everyone in town, save his father. His father began to take him out on hunts, teaching him how to track animals, and giving him tips on how not to be seen or heard by them.

At the age of 15 Arkais decided to join the Ranger's Guild in far away Noreport, his father was somewhat disaapointed that his son was leaving, but was proud that he had brought up someone like Arkais.

Arkais arrived in Noreport on the day of his 16th birthday, when he applied to the Ranger's Guild, he was turned down immediately, telling him they did not accept 'children' into their esteemed guild.
Instead of heading back home, Arkais stayed in Noreport, and worked as a mercenary for some of the powerful families of Noreport.

When he was 17 he began working for a man named Jarlan Vestides, the man was very reclusive, and rarely spoke to Arkais himself, but Arkais was just happy to be useful.
He had sent a message back to his father telling him he was now a member of the Ranger's Guild, even though it was not true.

When he was 18, he met the merchant's son, Argon, and quickly befriended him. Argon taught him many more things about fighting, even though Arkais was slightly older. Argon told the man about his true father's death, and his suspicions.

In 2509 Argon disappeared, leaving Arkais to fend for himself. The Ranger's Guild seemed like his only option, so he reapplied, and was rejected yet again, so he instead created his own little guild with a few friends he had met through Argon; Dern and Davin.

They're guild did OK, but when Argon returned in 2515 he created his own guild, and the three gladly joined, for Argon was much richer, and thus something something.
---------------
Ugh, the last part isn't coming out right now, baaaaaaahhhhhhh! :o
Last edited by Adam on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:14 am

Edit: Separating them into two instead, too much trouble to keep 'em both straight in one bio.
--------------------------
Dern 2486-25??

Dern was born to a middle class family in the bustling town of Noreport. His mother was a maid for a wealthy family, and his father was a smithy in the merchant quarter.

At the age of 5 Dern began to play with some of the weapons his father had made, trying to fight with the family's pet cat using a blunted longsword.

At the age of 10 Dern began praticing his skills with one of the neighbors, a girl named Linzi who was two years his elder. They sparred constantly, but Linzi always managed to beat him, so Dern continued to train in hopes of one day beating her.

At the age of 14 Dern had honed his skills well enough for some of the local guardsman to challenge him to duels, at first the guards took him lightly, figuring a 14 year old couldn't possible beat them, and they certainly did not want to hurt the young man.
But Dern proved them all wrong, he beat one of the men in a matter of seconds, using his sword to toss the other's man's weapon across the courtyard they were dueling in.
The next man took him much more seriously, but he still lost to the boy.
Finally the guard captain showed up and yelled at his men for playing with a boy when they should be working.
The guardsmen told the captain what had happened, and he looked at the boy in shock, he then challenged him to a duel, hoping that it was true that the boy was very skilled, or he would have to go looking for new men to work for him.
The captain eventually beat the boy, but Dern put up a valiant fight, nearly knocking the captain down a number of times.
--------------------
Ahhh, finally some detail, but I've lost it a bit again :(
Last edited by Adam on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:07 pm

And heres the split up part.
------------------
Davin 2489-25??

Davin was born in 2489, three years after his brother Dern.

When Davin was 5 he began spending much of his time with his father. He took a great interest in the weapons and armoy his father made for his many customers.

When Davin was 10 he started to work for his father, he learned to craft small daggers, and shoe horses. His father was delighted with this, and decided to make Davin his apprentice.

When he was 14 Davin began making larger weapons, and even repairing armor for his father's regular customers. He was progressing very well, and his father was sure that one day he would become an expert smithy, probably even better than him.
----------------
Ugh, too tired....
Last edited by Adam on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:24 am

Ugh, taking a break from this for the time being, gotta work on some other thing I'm writing for a thing (write a novel in a month thing, some guy told me about). I'll edit some of this at some point, but I'm not gonna add any more for a month (at least not the same stuff).
It's sort of a prequel to this, but I'm not sure if I wanna make it that way, it'd complicate things a little bit.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:14 pm

Prologue to my little project :D
---------------
<I>Removed due to copyrights</I>
-------------
OK, this is the first draft, I just wrote it in about 2 minutes, so blah :P
Last edited by Adam on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shi Tong » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:29 pm

Adam, interesting stuff- I only read the last one.

Try to add in there some stuff which tells us more about what the character looks like, or who he is.

Here are my examples:

In the middle of the group stood an incredibly tall man, who towered over everyone else around him.

Because my imagination is quite vivid, he instantly became a "death" figure- a hood, a black cloak, etc. If you want to control what people are thinking then you need to add details- "In the middle of the group stood an incredibly tall man, his figure was incredibly imposing with his jet black cloak and hood,"

Anyway- cant stop, I'm supposed to be working! :shock:
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:47 pm

Yes that's one of my problems when I first write something, just wanna make sure I get the stuff in my head down before I start detailing it up (err, or something like that), I forget it if I don't write it down, my original idea was a LOT different, but I never wrote it down and I forgot it.

Damn write a novel in a month program is ruining my month.
I got up to about 1000 words so far, and I've only been at it for a half hour :P

I just wanna make sure I get the stuff in my head down before I start detailing it up (err, or something like that), I forget it if I don't write it down, my original idea was a LOT different, but I never wrote it down and I forgot it.

Damn lack of sleep, I played FFXII for about an hour and a half, got stuck talking to this girl from Australia for a few hours, and now I'm writing, maybe I can sleep in a few days!

Edit: And I desperately need a thesaurus, my forgetfulness is causing me a few minor problems.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:10 pm

OOooook, Chapter 2 excerpt, I like how it ends up, but the getting there is a bit bad.
It's also a bit more bloody than the rest, although when fixed it will be much bloodier :D
------------------
Last edited by Adam on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Adam » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:29 am

Tiny exceprt from Chapter 4, only the better stuff :P
---------------------
Last edited by Adam on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration