Little Conqueror Video, 5th post down

Fan art, illustrations, poetry, music, photography, and more.

Little Conqueror Video, 5th post down

Unread postby Lulu » Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:46 am

I have been through this thread before, and I always read the rules first, but I had never seen video in there before......so I feel I've died and gone to heaven. I posted in the new members section then wandered over here, and I had to pinch myself.

I love video and feel it is a unique form of art. Also loving the history and stories of The Three Kingdoms, and seeing it very under represented in the area of AMV's; I embarked on a year long project to attempt, with the footage available to share the storys that I love. Now one thing I wanted to do was give an unbiased view of each of the three, and the three are ment to be watched in order, so even if you like one kingdom more, try to suffer through the other two :lol:

Also remember that I only had the footage from the games, so I was limited in what I could do.

Note: edited out links until I get permission, as it is amv's, which fall into the grey area and I wouldn't want to step on any toes. I just wanted to share what I love to do with people that love this era as much as I do.

end credits are included for footage, music, ect.

Humbly
Lulu
Last edited by Lulu on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby barbarosso » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:44 pm

aw i can't wait too seem em...

Hurry hurry
"The fine line before, arrogance and confitdence is bearly visible when we hold our heads up high" Me thats who !
barbarosso
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhao Zilong » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:01 pm

Is there an estimated time in which you will be complete?
"Do not bar the gates," said Zhao Zilong. "Have you never heard of my exploit at Dangyang, when I laughed at Cao Cao's many legions? Now that I have an army at my back and generals to help, what is there to fear?"
~SGYY, Chapter 71, Paragraph 119
Zhao Zilong
Master

Unread postby Lulu » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:24 pm

They are done, I'm just waiting for permission to post the links from a mod or admin.
Seeing that they are amv's, they fall in the grey area and I did not want to make anyone angry. I like it too much here.

btw (they have there own hosting)
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lulu » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:54 pm

Thank you Rhiannon for the permission to post these links :D

In order from oldest to newest.

Here is a trailer I did before releasing the first three videos. Very pixellated sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8mHhEYgv04

Chapter 1 The Kingdom of Shu
The land is in a state of chaos, Liu Bei- his passion to restore the Han Dynasty, his love for the people, and his five Tiger Generals set out to fufill the desires of his heart.

The song choice was key in this video and to me really exposed what was in Liu Bei's heart. However, not listening to the advice of his trusted Generals could be his downfall.
Chapter 1: The Kingdom of Shu
http://www.epicalstudios.net/videos/(NKode)%20Chapter%201-%20Re%20NKode%20-%20The%20Kingdom%20of%20Shu%20-%20Fly%20From%20The%20Inside.avi The Kingdom of Shu

Chapter 2 The Kingdom of Wu
Shu is not the only force that has risen to power. The Wu family forges its way up the ladder and its legacy becomes a force to be reckoned with.

The song choice was important and was the first out of the three songs that I found. I felt I needed to portray the legacy of Wu. Sun Jian passing his beliefs and ideals to his eldest son and in turn Sun Ce passing it on to his younger brother.
Each verse fit so well with the three main characters Especially the second, as Sun Ce at times wasn't taken as seriously by his enemies as he should have been. However, he did leave his brother excellent Generals, and thus the focus is more on Zhou Tai, Zhou Yu and Lu Xun supporting Sun Quan in the last third of the song.
The video ends at the battle of Chi Bi. Wu might have won the battle, but which Kingdom will be the last one standing????
http://www.epicalstudios.net/videos/(NKode)%20Chapter%202%20-%20Re%20NKode%20-%20Kingdom%20of%20Wu%20-%20Inner%20Strength.avi

Chapter 3 The Kingdom of Wei
Wei lead by Cao Cao, sweep the land conquering all who get in their way. But will they be the last Kingdom left standing?

This song was the hardest to find. I needed a song that dripped Cao Cao's confidence. The moment I read the words for Headstrong, I knew Wei would have a video.

I'd say more, but I don't want to give away the ending.
http://www.epicalstudios.net/videos/(Legaecy)%20Chapter%203%20-The%20Kingdom%20of%20Wei%20-%20Headstrong.avi The Kingdom of Wei
I hope everyone enjoys watching them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Also
Broken Oath
http://www.epicalstudios.net/videos/(Epical%20Studios)%20Broken%20Oath.avi
The story opens with Liu Bei remembering the oath in the Peach Garden. However the scene changes back to a lonely Liu Bei with only his sworn brothers weapons. Their defeat and Lui Bei's revenge unfolds to Liu bei's end.
...and yes, the flags at the end say Cao, but should be Wu flags...so those of you that can read the flags, please over look it :wink: at the time I had no shots of Wu rushing by on horses.

The Lesser of Two Evils http://www.epicalstudios.net/videos/%5BEpical%20Studios.net%5DLulu%20-%20Dynasty%20Warriors%20-%20The%20Lesser%20of%20Two%20Evils.avi
The idea for this video came about for two reasons. When I had edited Chapter 3: The Kingdom of Wei and got to verse two, I thought the whole idea of a Lu Bu video would be intreging. Then when reading Chapters 8 and 9 of RoTK, I couldn't help but think what this part of the story would be like told from Lu Bu's point of view. Thus the idea sat in the back of my mind because at that time, I didn't have enough footage.

Once Dynasty Warriors 5 came out, I found enough footage and so, set out to complete this project. It has been well over a year since I began and even set this one aside to do Broken Oath. The Lesser of Two Evils was difficult because of the music style. It is very fast paced, but I needed to be able to convey the storyline as it sped along. There were many times while editing for eight hours, that I would come up with nothing solid on the timeline. Many things I wanted to do in the video, I had to learn as I was not skilled enough to do them. It was very frustrating and sometime I wondered to myself if I would ever finish. Now those who recognize the ending footage....forgive me, I needed to improvise and that was the best KOEI had ;)

Will the plot work??? How Chaotic was China at that point in time??? As told from Lu Bu's point of View. Enjoy "The Lesser of Two Evils"

The Little Conqueror
http://www.epicalstudios.net/videos/(EpicalStudios)LittleConqueror.avi
After a year of working on Little Conqueror, it's nice to finally have it done. The most difficult thing to overcome with this video was, no actual footage of the story I wanted to tell. Despite that, I think the story comes across very clear.

Being a Wuist, this video is very close to my heart. I feel the song fits well, and even the nemesis Yuan Shu has a great part in this video. I had to take a bit of creative liberty in regards to Sun Quan and Lu Meng, as there age at the time was much younger then the footage I had. There are a few areas that aren't as close to the novel and history as I would of liked. However, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did making it.

Thank you for your time. If anyone has trouble playing these try this player. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Last edited by Lulu on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:09 am, edited 38 times in total.
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:06 pm

Nice stuff. Real nice.

I've only seen the first so far, but I imagine you've used the FMVs from each game only.

Did you try capturing the cutscenes in the games too?

Opening/ending edit movies would be nice too. For variety. ;)
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Rhiannon » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:34 pm

I gave you comments earlier when I approved these being posted here, but now that I've watched them all, I must again say these are incredibly well done. As can be predicted by my kingdom preference, I loved Wei's the best - Headstrong was indeed a perfect choice.

I think you've done a beautiful job with these. Do you have plans to make more, and if so, what kind of stories might you tell?
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Lulu » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:19 pm

I'm am honored to share them here and thank both for your wonderful comments. I could only get the FMV and not the cut scenes...I could have captured them though.
That Wei song took me six weeks to find, but a chill went up my spine the minute I read the lyrics. My son asked me, mom how do you find all the good songs hehehehe.
I do have four more in the works at the moment. The themes for them are The Oath in the Peach Garden, Cao Cao and Zuo Ci, Lu Bu, and a Heros video for Wu.

Thank you again for letting me share :)
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jeremy » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:59 pm

Every one of those were great, especially the quality of the vids.
Jeremy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lulu » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:51 am

Thank you very much Jeremy.
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Next

Return to Artistic Expression and Illustration