Happy Birthday!

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Happy Birthday!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 24, 2018 12:50 pm

Happy Birthday plunged! Apparently its been almost a year since your last post! I hope you're well :).
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu May 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Many Birthday Wishes plunged, I ope things are going well for you whatever your doing now.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:32 am

Happy Birthday Pi Ka Chu!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:39 am

Happy Birthday Jia Nanfeng! As one of the big zero's, hope you had or have something special planned
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:04 am

I hope you have a fantastic day Jia Nanfeng! :D
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:07 am

Thanks guys! :mrgreen:

Nothing major planned for my big 0 day. Took the work day off so I can just be lazy all day! I’m hoping my family maybe bought me some more Chinese books to read too. :lol:
Jia Nanfeng
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Oooooh, any particular books you're hoping for?
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Death » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Happy birthday Jia Nanfeng , lazy days are always the best, especially if you do get some new books to read. Hope you have a great day :mrgreen:
Death
Scholar

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Thanks. :mrgreen:

I indeed got some books today! In fact, my family pretty much all got me China-related things. :lol:

- I got a copy of The Art of War, which I surprisingly hadn't owned a physical copy of yet.

- I got a copy of Xun Xu and the Politics of Precision in Third-Century AD China, which I similarly didn't have a physical copy of yet. Very happy about this one -- I've just stuck with digital because it's so expensive but my Ma managed to find it for pretty cheap!

- And I got Jin Gong Yao Hou: Jia Nanfeng, which is a Chinese novel about Jia Nanfeng. It's in Chinese so I can't read it. :lol: But I wanted it for completion sake! It's a good reason to stop procrastinating with learning Chinese too. (Judging by the summary, the book is kinda mean towards her... but I still wanna read it.)

- I also got a really amazing handmade ceramic & porcelain statue of an imperial concubine; it stands about a foot tall. (Click here for pic I took.) My Ma ordered it from a China. It has Chinese writing inside the foot and on the back of the headdress -- I'll upload high res photos of it sometime to get a translation.
Jia Nanfeng
Sage

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:47 am

That's a damn good birthday. The book on Xun Xu is incredible and I enjoyed it a whole lot. Glad to hear your got some great gifts and had a good day.
"Looking at Zhong Hui is like viewing an armory, one sees only spears and lances"
— Pei Kai
Check out this list of historical resources I have.
Check out this list of cited biographies I have written.
DaoLunOfShiji
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub