Happy Birthday!

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Happy Birthday!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 24, 2018 12:50 pm

Happy Birthday plunged! Apparently its been almost a year since your last post! I hope you're well :).
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu May 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Many Birthday Wishes plunged, I ope things are going well for you whatever your doing now.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:32 am

Happy Birthday Pi Ka Chu!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:39 am

Happy Birthday Jia Nanfeng! As one of the big zero's, hope you had or have something special planned
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:04 am

I hope you have a fantastic day Jia Nanfeng! :D
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:07 am

Thanks guys! :mrgreen:

Nothing major planned for my big 0 day. Took the work day off so I can just be lazy all day! I’m hoping my family maybe bought me some more Chinese books to read too. :lol:
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:18 pm

Oooooh, any particular books you're hoping for?
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Valvatorez » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Happy birthday Jia Nanfeng , lazy days are always the best, especially if you do get some new books to read. Hope you have a great day :mrgreen:
Valvatorez
Sage

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Thanks. :mrgreen:

I indeed got some books today! In fact, my family pretty much all got me China-related things. :lol:

- I got a copy of The Art of War, which I surprisingly hadn't owned a physical copy of yet.

- I got a copy of Xun Xu and the Politics of Precision in Third-Century AD China, which I similarly didn't have a physical copy of yet. Very happy about this one -- I've just stuck with digital because it's so expensive but my Ma managed to find it for pretty cheap!

- And I got Jin Gong Yao Hou: Jia Nanfeng, which is a Chinese novel about Jia Nanfeng. It's in Chinese so I can't read it. :lol: But I wanted it for completion sake! It's a good reason to stop procrastinating with learning Chinese too. (Judging by the summary, the book is kinda mean towards her... but I still wanna read it.)

- I also got a really amazing handmade ceramic & porcelain statue of an imperial concubine; it stands about a foot tall. (Click here for pic I took.) My Ma ordered it from a China. It has Chinese writing inside the foot and on the back of the headdress -- I'll upload high res photos of it sometime to get a translation.
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:47 am

That's a damn good birthday. The book on Xun Xu is incredible and I enjoyed it a whole lot. Glad to hear your got some great gifts and had a good day.
"I take Heaven and Earth to be my dwelling, and my rooms are my coat and pants; so what are you gentlemen doing in my pants?"
DaoLunOfShiji
Academic

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub