The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

Unread postby James » Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:51 pm

This thread is for announcing your absence from the forum, or your return after being gone for some time. Too many threads of this sort are popping up in The Pub, and for the sake of organization please post them to this thread instead.

In most cases, threads that should have been added to this thread but were instead posted to The Pub will be closed and redirected. The exception being if the thread also contains an important message (that was discussed with a moderator in advance) or if the poster is actually a moderator (so members know where the forum leadership is).

The old thread was pruned because of the amount of spam. Please don't post here unless you have to.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Rhiannon » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:00 am

I won't warn you this time (because James didn't really make it that clear), but please: Do not post "I'll miss you's" and "Welcome Back's" in this thread anymore.

Use PMs for byes/welcome backs, please. Else those posts will be regarded as spam.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Asellas » Sat May 01, 2004 5:18 pm

I am back as of now, you may or may not have witnessed my lacking activity, well I have had a non-intentioanl hiatus which has done me good. I got loadsa catching up to do on here so you'll see more "Asellas" on the forum.
Glad to see SoSZ is still up to it's high standards :)
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Jon » Fri May 07, 2004 2:43 am

Hey you all. I should have told you a long time ago, but I felt like I needed a break and started doing other things for a while. I'm sorry to all of my friends and the staff that were counting on me to do my job in the forums I moderate, but please forgive me for that.

This forum seems different now... almost new. I wasn't gone for all that long, but I see a lot of older members coming back and it has really made me happy to see them. You know who you are.

More than anything, I'm sorry I didn't tell you all, but school ends in 4 weeks so I am going to be back on schedule quite soon. Thanks.
Jon
Ladies' Man

Unread postby Phoenix » Sat May 08, 2004 3:19 am

Wow... I miss this place. If you hadn't noticed, I haven't been posting that much in the past few months. On account of school and stuff (mostly girls, which I'll fill you all in at the support thread...yet again) But, in a few weeks, the school year will be over. *I'm no longer a High School Freshman! The worst is over!* I'll be back to posting regularly again after Finals Week. So technically, I never left. Just was quiet in the dark corners of the internet. Now, if you'll excuse me... *Grabs Spanish, Science, History and Algebra books*
Phoenix
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sat May 08, 2004 7:56 pm

Enemies of Wu rejoice!

Between some seriously-due serious research analysis/write-up, student essay proposals to comment on, midterm exams to mark, conferences to attend, etc, Lady Wu will not be posting a whole lot in the next week or so, though she'd be lurking around to mock people behind their backs.

Just so you know.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Thu May 13, 2004 3:58 am

Phear
I won't have internet for a while so I unfortunately can't send any of the translations that I have just finished. Hopefully I will get my internet back once I resolve the crap with comcast or when I get DSL.
- Jon
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Shadowlink » Thu May 13, 2004 12:53 pm

going here less and less as you people can see, well my reason is because now i have a girl that really cares about me, I have a friend who is trying to convert me to either judaism, muslim or christian. My frineds alway tell me to play gunbound or wolfenstein, so i hardly reply to you people on aim, too much things have change.... next week i got a Chinese test in front of the whole school so... guys help me out!! Blah!!!! teach me some pin yin over pm or im me at aim!! I really need help!!!! :oops:
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Unread postby dry ice » Thu May 13, 2004 1:37 pm

Ugh, I wont be able to come online the next six days because of some school activities. Hopefully I will come back Wednesday next week.
dry ice
Assistant

Unread postby Li Ruiyue » Thu May 13, 2004 7:32 pm

Sigh, I can't believe I'm doing this again...

I'm leaving SoSZ for a while once again. Close members (they know who they are) have been annoying me far too much lately, and I need some time to cool off, and SoSZ will only remind me of them for now.

As well as that, I have work experience for the next two weeks so I'll be completely shattered when I come back every evening (well, I'm assuming so) and wouldn't be bothered to come on much anyways.

However, I'll be back in three weeks time. Well, depends how I feel. If I'm still stressed then I'll be gone longer. Maybe it's for the best now anyways, I haven't been active much over the past couple of weeks and most of you are forgetting about me, heh.

Well, until then...

~Ryan
Li Ruiyue
Innocent Soul

Next

Return to The Pub