The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

Unread postby mendedties » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:13 am

Hello everyone,

I know I don't come around often and when I do it's not for long (though I do visit for a brief lurk on a semi-frequent basis), but I want to thank every one of you who contributes to this place in whatever capacity that may be. While my attention has been pulled elsewhere, I have been going through a period of immense gratitude in my life, which today is directed at you.

Few things have been so formative to who I am as a person as 3KD, and most of my 3KD knowledge has come through this place, particularly via the SGZ translations available in KMA. Until today I took that for granted. They were a resource I used freely without a moment's consideration for how they got here. The realization that something which has played such a crucial role in my life could very easily have not existed if not for the passion and giving spirit of so many of you has completely overwhelmed and crushed me with gratitude. So much joy in my life would've been lost if not for this place.

So to any of you who have had a hand in any of it--whether you've worked on translations, answered questions, kept things running, or simply been participants in insightful discussion--from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much. I am so grateful for you and all you have unknowingly contributed to my life. It has not been insignificant.
"The bright side of it is," said Puddleglum, "that if we break our necks getting down the cliff, then we're safe from being drowned in the river."
mendedties
Assistant

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:33 am

That's a lovely thing to say mendedties, we will hopefully be around for awhile for you to pop in whenever you need or want, your contributions are always welcome. I hope everything is ok?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:05 am

Welcome back mendedties! It's always nice to see you when you do pop in! As DZ says, hopefully we'll be around for along time yet! :D
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mendedties » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:33 am

Everything is going very well, actually. Over the past couple years a vision for the future has gradually come into focus and I finally feel I've found the right road. It's a good feeling.
"The bright side of it is," said Puddleglum, "that if we break our necks getting down the cliff, then we're safe from being drowned in the river."
mendedties
Assistant

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:11 pm

My laptop has died :(. It has briedly come back to life but I'm not optimistic it'll last long. I have ordered a new one and when it arrives I'll be back to normal! Sorry to those who were participating in the book reading group as this has thrown a delay on to it!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Sorry about your laptop, hope your new one comes quickly and works well for you
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby -zhoutai- » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Good Afternoon All,

I completely forgot that this forum existed for a while! I can see I signed up around 6 years ago. I truly regret my username and prolonged absence. My love for San Guo remains and in my time away I've begun to learn Mandarin, quite a difficult task.

Hope all is well here, look forward to chatting with you all.
-zhoutai-
Apprentice

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:20 pm

Welcome back -zhoutai-

You can apply to change username here, welld done for trying to learn Mandarin and hope it goes well for you

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby -zhoutai- » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:35 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Welcome back -zhoutai-

You can apply to change username here, welld done for trying to learn Mandarin and hope it goes well for you

Thanks for the info! I suppose the name isn't too bad, I just cycled through 3K names and landed on a name that I'm not particularly inspired by!
-zhoutai-
Apprentice

Previous

Return to The Pub