The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat May 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Boydie wrote:I've been sailing between Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Taiwan and China for the past 6 - 7 months so that explains my disappearing act. But its good to be back home now. :lol:

My envy level has just hit critical... :lol:

Did you wear a captain's outfit during your maritime expedition? :mrgreen:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Boydie » Sun May 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Mitsunari wrote:
Boydie wrote:I've been sailing between Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Taiwan and China for the past 6 - 7 months so that explains my disappearing act. But its good to be back home now. :lol:

Haha! Yeah we have uniforms, but I'm not a Captain, I'm an Engineering Officer. I have less stripes on my shoulder. :lol: The equivalent rank for Capitan in the engineering department of a ship is Chief Engineer, I'm still a good few years away from that.
Boydie
Academic

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon May 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Boydie wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:

Haha! Yeah we have uniforms, but I'm not a Captain, I'm an Engineering Officer. I have less stripes on my shoulder. :lol: The equivalent rank for Capitan in the engineering department of a ship is Chief Engineer, I'm still a good few years away from that.

Ah, I misunderstood, I thought it was a whistle-stop pleasure cruise of sorts... :lol: When you apply for a promotion, put me down for a job as a Navy pilot please - I look dashing in aviators and I can stand on my head for ages without passing out. :mrgreen:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue May 17, 2016 7:02 am

Belated welcome back from your travels Boydie, hope you get to relax now
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon May 23, 2016 9:03 am

Welcome back Boydie! Glad you're enjoying your job! :D
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Boydie » Mon May 23, 2016 9:35 am

Cheers guys! :D
Boydie
Academic

Unread postby Iain » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:23 am

Well I'm back, a little older and hopefully wiser. I missed the place. ^^
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:22 am

Very welcome back Iain :)
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:57 am

Welcome back Iain! :D
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Hi all!

I've been a few months, largely because I'm getting married in 4 days time ( :D :D :D ) and I've been a little bit busy organising that and I've only had time to nerd out other one thing and that's been MTG! :lol:

Anyway I'd finished reading my book and at a loss of what else to read loaded up my kindle and found RoTK sitting there. Not only did this revive my interest in the Three Kingdoms but my passion for story writing. I'm now in a job where I have lots fo days off (a 2 day on/2 day off rolling shift pattern) so I'm hoping once the wedding has happened and life has settled down a bit I might start working on my 3K novel again!

Anyway I'm gonna be poking around a few threads this evening and will hopefully return fairly soon after the wedding!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub