The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Anyway I'm gonna be poking around a few threads this evening and will hopefully return fairly soon after the wedding!

I hope your wedding and honeymoon goes as well as mine did, buddy. Congrats, and all the best.

A novel sounds really interesting too. I like writing but don't have the dedication to get good enough to actually show anyone my stuff (except for one really short period, but I don't like to talk about that :D ). I'm actually working 6 days a week now, but 1 of my work days is basically sitting on ass watching college football on Saturday and gaming on my laptop because there's nothing to do. Come December, that'll expand to TWO days of doing nothing, so I'm looking forward to that. :lol:

If you and your wife ever find yourselves in Louisiana, hit me up; there's always a spot for a free meal for you two at our house (more likely somewhere public because safety and internet). :lol:
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Thanks mate, I appreciate it! One of the reasons I come back is the warmth of the scholars here - you're all awesome!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Thanks mate, I appreciate it! One of the reasons I come back is the warmth of the scholars here - you're all awesome!

I realize after I made the post I ended up talking about myself too much. I'm sorry. :oops:

I hope it all goes awesome for you, looking forward to seeing you return.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:48 pm

Bush Leagues wrote:
I realize after I made the post I ended up talking about myself too much. I'm sorry. :oops:

:lol: I didn't mind buddy.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Congratulations Sun Fin, I hope you and the lady will be very happy together. You will always be welcome here on your returns from pesky real life :wink:
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby James » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:25 am

Sun Fin wrote:I'm getting married in 4 days time ( :D :D :D )

Congratulations, good sir! :) :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:26 am

Sun Fin wrote:Hi all!

I've been a few months, largely because I'm getting married in 4 days time ( :D :D :D ) and I've been a little bit busy organising that and I've only had time to nerd out other one thing and that's been MTG!

Congratulations!

I'm actually paper-married at the moment but we're having the ceremony in February. Married life has been fine so far.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks everyone!

I had the most amazing 24 hours ever! Everything from the service, to the weather and the speeches just went perfectly! Not a thing I'd change or do differently. Just wish I could do it again :lol:.

I'm now around for 3 weeks until we go on our honeymoon. :D
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:15 am

I fly out on honeymoon tomorrow, yes Christmas Day :lol:. I'll be gone for a couple of weeks but I'll speak to you all soon!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:05 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I fly out on honeymoon tomorrow, yes Christmas Day :lol:. I'll be gone for a couple of weeks but I'll speak to you all soon!

May santa ruin your honeymoon :wink:

Have fun both on Christmas Day and time with your beloved
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub