The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

Unread postby The Amazing Mi Heng » Fri May 04, 2018 3:19 pm

Hey, everyone. Im back! I may only have 130 or so posts but I'm sure everyone will rush to welcome me back since it's only been... uh... like 11 years. Wow, thats a long time.
"Should one not cry out when one enters a coffin?"-Mi Heng to Xun Yu
Also answers to: LichLord, Lord Doomhammer, Lord Schicksalhammer.
The Amazing Mi Heng
Assistant

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Fri May 04, 2018 7:51 pm

Welcome back. I also returned only couple months ago after quite few years of absence.
There's no trick to it. I'm not using an orbment, it's not magic...and I'm not using an artifact, either. I just will fire to appear, and it does.
McBurn
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat May 05, 2018 9:20 am

The Amazing Mi Heng wrote:Hey, everyone. Im back! I may only have 130 or so posts but I'm sure everyone will rush to welcome me back since it's only been... uh... like 11 years. Wow, thats a long time.

11 years huh? Sounds like you may have left just as I joined! Anyway welcome back to the party! Always great to see names from our past returning. :D
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am

Hello strangers, hope all is well to anyone who still remembers me (think I was even a mod here back in the day), I recognise some of these usernames still. Forgot all about this place till Fin said hi on KW to give me a wave of nostalgia lol, last login on my profile was Oct 11th 2012...yeah it been a while! DW6 was all the rage back then (literal rage inducing that is :lol: )

I'm a busy dad these days but I'll try and pop in and say hello more than once every six years if I can :D
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat May 05, 2018 11:55 am

Skode wrote:Hello strangers, hope all is well to anyone who still remembers me (think I was even a mod here back in the day), I recognise some of these usernames still. Forgot all about this place till Fin said hi on KW to give me a wave of nostalgia lol, last login on my profile was Oct 11th 2012...yeah it been a while! DW6 was all the rage back then (literal rage inducing that is :lol: )

I'm a busy dad these days but I'll try and pop in and say hello more than once every six years if I can :D

This post makes me happier than you know! :D I wasn't expecting you to post here when I sent you a random PM! Xiahou Jia and I were just talking about you in PM which is what prompted me to hop over and say hi!

I'm a tad upset that you'd forgotten this place as that suggests you'd forgotten about me!? :cry: After all our history here, SJA and ND I thought I'd be engraved permanently on your memory - whether that was a good or bad thing I'll let you decide. :lol:

Congratulations on being a father! That is awesome news! You must be very proud!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Skode » Sat May 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
Skode wrote:Hello strangers, hope all is well to anyone who still remembers me (think I was even a mod here back in the day), I recognise some of these usernames still. Forgot all about this place till Fin said hi on KW to give me a wave of nostalgia lol, last login on my profile was Oct 11th 2012...yeah it been a while! DW6 was all the rage back then (literal rage inducing that is :lol: )

This post makes me happier than you know! :D I wasn't expecting you to post here when I sent you a random PM! Xiahou Jia and I were just talking about you in PM which is what prompted me to hop over and say hi!

I'm a tad upset that you'd forgotten this place as that suggests you'd forgotten about me!? :cry: After all our history here, SJA and ND I thought I'd be engraved permanently on your memory - whether that was a good or bad thing I'll let you decide. :lol:

Congratulations on being a father! That is awesome news! You must be very proud!

Haha I remember you, I barely remember by own name half the time so that's a high compliment :lol: . Yeah, when I read your post I thought I'd check the place out again for old times sake on the off chance the account was still active and that inexplicably I'd still be able to figure out a password I'd not logged in using since I was in my twenties! Parenthood is the best, honestly never looked back :D

Thanks for both remembering me, certainly nice to be remembered I'll assume it was a positive discussion haha. Still the same old crew kicking about here yeah?
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat May 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Awww thanks :lol:

Definitely positively, I still consider you to be one of the best friends I've made on the internet!

There are certainly some names you'd recognise here for example Dong Zhou and Aaron K (Yue Fei/Beowulf). James, Sun Xia and Lady Wu among others are still around and post occasionally! Xiahou Jia and I obviously and Mittens pops in every now and then! Lastly there is WaywardAuthor who apparently was part of our crew back in the day but has so far refused to reveal his previous account name! :lol:

It's so good to see your username on here again :D.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat May 05, 2018 12:33 pm

Welcome back Skode, good to see you again.

I think The Amazing Mi Heng is before my time but your certainly welcome.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Skode » Sat May 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Awww thanks :lol:

Definitely positively, I still consider you to be one of the best friends I've made on the internet!

There are certainly some names you'd recognise here for example Dong Zhou and Aaron K (Yue Fei/Beowulf). James, Sun Xia and Lady Wu among others are still around and post occasionally! Xiahou Jia and I obviously and Mittens pops in every now and then! Lastly there is WaywardAuthor who apparently was part of our crew back in the day but has so far refused to reveal his previous account name! :lol:

It's so good to see your username on here again :D.

Beowulf!!! Man... the nostalgia. You and him were the ones i was closest to (and Ricky) but yeah I recognise the majority of those names even after all this time. Was there not a Sean back then too? My memory is foggy lol

I'm looking back into some of the posts from way back when (including my own) simpler times buddy. Friendly place too, not many places like this still going on the internet - I actually read a post on here of mine crediting you for helping me mature as a poster :lol:

Thanks Dong Zhuo! I still keep an eye out for your KW posts as you were always the go to man for in-depth knowledge of the 3K.
Skode
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat May 05, 2018 12:44 pm

Yeah Beowulf is a legend! I'll nag him on facebook to come and say hi to you :lol:.

Wow! Sean! That is a blast from the past and all!

Yeah, forums like these are a dying bread, our place on the internet has been usurped by the likes of Reddit and tumblr!

Yeah good old days! Mate, it's not just the quality of my posts that you helped me with! You guys got me through the worst days of secondary school! I don't know how I would have coped without the likes of you! Same goes for you Xiahou Jia, that's why I get so excited whenever you return!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub