The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:54 am

Glad you had a good time Sun Fin and very welcome back
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Thanks buddy, always nice to return to Sausage even when dreading going back to work!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:58 pm

Mega Zarak wrote:Hello everyone, I think it has been more than a decade since I was active in this forum. Lost for words to describe what transpired across the years but a good summary would be, I've come around in a big circle in life, chasing my career, dreams, traveling, and am glad to be back again.

Particularly happy to see SoSZ still alive all these years, familiar faces, humble facade, despite the rapid technological advancement and different forms of communication media.

Time to refresh my rusty memories on Chinese history and rekindle the passion! As I'm connected with some of the other old members of this forum, I'd see what I can do to bring them back too..haha.. :D

Welcome back. I hope you found at least some of those dreams you were chasing.

Starscream wrote:Starscream here as well, dropping by to say hi! Also a decade older by now.

Welcome back. I'm somehow a decade younger now. Not sure how it happened, but after all these years I'm only 12.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Welcome back Kong Wen! It's been like a year since your nice post!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WuLordoftheNewAge » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:11 am

Back to lurking these wonderful threads for me. It's been awhile. Ironically SoSZ stayed on my hotbar the last 2 or 3 years and I'd click it by accident and then be too lazy to log in.

I dread to think what else I've become to lazy to do in my old age. Nearly a decade later and I'm still just as absurd as I was in my youth. Wu endures. Wu definitely endures.

Hopefully I'll stay a long while, regardless! It was encouraging to see people I know as the last few posts in this thread. Hope everyone's been splendid and that Kong Wen gets that reverse aging thing in check before it's too late.
Pang Tong: So I wonder what this place is called?
Sign by road: "Place where Pang Tong gets killed"
Pang Tong: Hmmm... I have a bad feeling about this place...

On Fallen Phoenix Slope.
WuLordoftheNewAge
Langzhong

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Wu sucks :P

Welcome back WuLordoftheNewAge, good to see you again
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:26 pm

WuLordoftheNewAge wrote:Back to lurking these wonderful threads for me. It's been awhile. Ironically SoSZ stayed on my hotbar the last 2 or 3 years and I'd click it by accident and then be too lazy to log in.

I dread to think what else I've become to lazy to do in my old age. Nearly a decade later and I'm still just as absurd as I was in my youth. Wu endures. Wu definitely endures.

Hopefully I'll stay a long while, regardless! It was encouraging to see people I know as the last few posts in this thread. Hope everyone's been splendid and that Kong Wen gets that reverse aging thing in check before it's too late.

Welcome back WLOTNA! Exciting to have you back around! :D

I've been away for the last six days - first on a weekend away with my wife's extended family and then for a three day vicar interview. It's been a tiring week but it seemed to go really well and I'm happy that I tried to the best of my ability!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 am

Well now...
Im quite bored with myself lately, having finished school about a year ago.
Turns out college is less about actually learning stuff and more about sitting there listening to your instructors and taking notes.
I.e my final two semester turned into a drag though i earned A's and B's all round, and finished with a 3.5 . I won't drag it out here, but lets just say, for "Professionals" these ppl are really uncomfortable with their reasoning in a subject like history being questioned or disagreed with, despite the fact that that is kind of exactly what you're supposed to confront in that kind of job.

I believe i will attempt writing my own commentary on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms book i have, and posting it here for everyone to digest.

I also finished writing 150 pages of more or less solid writing on our current technological age and our politics, now if i can just kick down the door of a publisher, it'll probably get out there.
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:46 am

Welcome back LYJ!

I'm sorry university isn't as good as you expected. What year are you? My experience, albeit at a British university was that it got better after first year where you were able to specify slightly more!

Always like seeing more 3K material out there, is your project going to be on the 3K novel?
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Ah, ty Sun Fin.

And no i completed college already, official have my BA in History.
It was a good department, its just the teachers didn't know how to take criticism well. I think its a product of having tons of classes where the students hardly say anything and the teacher kind of just stands up there and drones on.

Yes the product will be on the Novel, using the notes in the back and the novel, mainly my observations and thoughts. I hope the people who have read the historical records can contribute some good points to supplement as well, because either my ability to read written Chinese is worse than i remember, or my brain keeps trying to convert it into english, which is not really how i was trained in school to use the language.
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub