The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

Unread postby mendedties » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Group hug?
“I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation." -- C.S. Lewis
mendedties
Assistant

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 am

I like group hugs!

*hugs Sun Fin and mendedties*
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:08 am

I've had a rubbish 24 hours. A hug sounds great. :D
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:32 pm

I'm going on my annul pilgrimage to the Lake District for my normal Christian summer camp. As ever I'll have limited internet access and time for the next few weeks so I'll speak to you all upon my return!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:58 am

Have fun Sun Fin!
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Equinox » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi everybody! It's been a very, very long time since my last post and I just wanted to say hi to any of the folks I chatted with back in the day, as well as a quick hello to all the new folks I've yet to meet! Since my last visit I've gotten married. switched jobs, moved multiple times, and many many other life changes. I'd love to catch up with everybody, and I look forward to discussing our mutual interests together on SoSZ again!
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:29 am

So you haven't been doing much then :wink:

Welcome back Equinox, congrats on the marriage and the job change, good to see you again
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:57 am

Hello everyone, I think it has been more than a decade since I was active in this forum. Lost for words to describe what transpired across the years but a good summary would be, I've come around in a big circle in life, chasing my career, dreams, traveling, and am glad to be back again.

Particularly happy to see SoSZ still alive all these years, familiar faces, humble facade, despite the rapid technological advancement and different forms of communication media.

Time to refresh my rusty memories on Chinese history and rekindle the passion! As I'm connected with some of the other old members of this forum, I'd see what I can do to bring them back too..haha.. :D
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Unread postby Starscream » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Starscream here as well, dropping by to say hi! Also a decade older by now. :lol:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Lady Wu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:31 pm

I think in the Book of Jin, such a co-occurrence of two rare sightings would be interpreted as some Omen.

I fear for the world now.

But welcome back nonetheless!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub