The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Permanent "I’m Leaving/Back Thread"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:43 am

Welcome back Jake, glad Kong Wen was able to help.

Sorry you had your online identity stolen and the trouble you had in getting it back. Congratulations on the PC and hope your having fun with DW3
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:32 am

Welcome back Jake! I recall when your reemergence was an almost monthly occurrence! :lol:

I'm also back! :D

My laptop died but I've had a new one almost a week now, I've been ill but only for 24 hours. The main reason I've been away has been cos I've been nerding out on Pokemon. I've spent a bit of time on another board talking about it and it made me feel very fortunate in our SoSZ. The other site has hundreds of members, often hundreds online at the same time, yet it is only moderately more active then here. Also, the political/ethics conversations were awful. I know many of you disagree with me on a range of topics, perhaps even think some of my views are abominable, but for the the most part you've always treated me with respect and engaged in polite discussion. I didn't even dare to enter the fray on said anonymous board.

I'm also writing an essay on The Thirty-Nine Articles and their teaching on the person of Christ.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Hope you are feeling better and glad your having a great time on pokemon. I hope we always manage to provide a civil and safe space for a debate on any subject, certainly something we aim for

Good luck with your essay
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks Dong, you as moderators certainly do deliver on that score!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:03 pm

I'm back, relatively speaking, forgetting your password and being lazy didn't help.

Currently still busy with school, and saw some activity in the Three Kingdoms history sections, figured it be a good time to get back into it and learn as it were.
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:18 am

Welcome back Lord Yang Jiahua, hope your studies are going well

my tumbler

my officer analysis
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:27 pm

Welcome back LYJ! Hope you enjoy your time back here again :).
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jake » Sat May 18, 2019 8:32 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Welcome back Jake! I recall when your reemergence was an almost monthly occurrence! :lol:

I somehow totally missed this, and to be honest, you're quite on point. I remember when teenage angst was a recurring theme and leaving/coming back to communities was something that was almost like a monthly chore to fulfill.

Glad to be back though. :roll:
Puhkon silmäni, että näkisin
En tahdo nähdä, mutta näen sen väkisin
Runtelen korvani, jotta kuulisin
En ymmärrä, mutta kuulen sen väkisin
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun May 19, 2019 6:05 am

Yeah, many of us who have our teenage years documented on this forum can say the same. You just seemed to leave the most! :lol:
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xu Huang fan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:17 am

gosh its been five years since i posted on this forum and i'm surprised to see it still active, but happy none the less, things have been pretty rough but i'm managing.

i dunno how long i'll stick around ofcourse, but since i'm currently on another three kingdoms kick, i might as well spend some time here since i went threw all the effort to get this account back, i doubt anyone will recognize me, but i'll hopefully have some good times here again regardless.

gosh everything just kinda came flooding back at once, i feel it, its just so strange ya know, last time i posted on this board i wasn't even old enough to drink, now thats changed. sorry if i'm abit rambling, i'm just emotional.
Xu Huang fan
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub