Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

Unread postby Justin » Sun May 04, 2003 3:26 am

This thread is for the discussion of all anime and manga in the Pub. We have had countless threads regarding the various forms of this kind lately and it has been decided it would all go best in one single place instead of sprawling all over the pub. All anime/manga discussion should continue here. If any new threads pop up they will be closed and removed.
Last edited by Justin on Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Lu Bu » Sun May 04, 2003 3:53 am

Why did Cartoon Network start over with RK. They were showing an episode that preped for a good duel but the next day they started over. This made me very mad. Are running them like they do DBZ? (have to translate them first)
An artist is critical of their own work. An asshole is a failed artist who's critical of everyone elses work.
Lord Lu Bu
Langzhong

Location: A place where the government doesn't want you to know about!

Unread postby Zhou Yu » Sun May 04, 2003 4:02 am

Yeah, Cartoon Network usually does things like that. I guess they figure it's better to replay the episodes than release the entire thing all at once, several months later than the date they actually begin showing it.
"Heaven has created me. Why must Zhuge Liang exist too?"
Zhou Yu
Master

Unread postby Andrew J » Sun May 04, 2003 12:38 pm

As Zhou Yu stated, Cartoon Network usually does things like that. How long is RK (Whatever it is) Because that would depend on ho long it takes. Dragonball Z took years because they had to translate it. Cowboy bebop and Outlaw Star had an episode shown every day (I think) so they werent as long.

Then again, it is Cartoon Network.
Yo, yo, yo, yo, pop a 40 and check yo' rollies! It's 56 time!
Andrew J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Ren » Sun May 04, 2003 4:49 pm

hmmm one of my favorite animes has to be hamtaro, the little hamsters are so funny
Cao Ren
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Justin » Sun May 04, 2003 9:20 pm

I don't think it quite counts as Anime, but I love Samurai Jack. He kicks ass. I have watched some Cowboy Bebop and find it interesting as well.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Phoenix » Sun May 04, 2003 9:22 pm

Hamtaro is kind of strange. Sometimes the theme song gets stuck in my head and I can't help but sing it in a squeky voice. *Sneaks off to watch Hamtaro* :D
"Stay hungry, experience all that you can, push your horizons out as far as you can get them."

Youtube Channel
Phoenix
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Phoenix » Sun May 04, 2003 9:23 pm

Has anyone here seen Slayers? If you have, please tell me about it because the only episodes I've seen were in Japanese.
"Stay hungry, experience all that you can, push your horizons out as far as you can get them."

Youtube Channel
Phoenix
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhou Yu » Sun May 04, 2003 11:48 pm

Justin wrote:I don't think it quite counts as Anime, but I love Samurai Jack. He kicks ass. I have watched some Cowboy Bebop and find it interesting as well.

Samurai Jack rules!! :D

And keep watching more episodes of Cowboy Bebop, Justin. It's a really interesting anime, and the last episode is THE BEST last episode and most ACTION-PACKED anime episode I have ever seen. It's good....so very good.
"Heaven has created me. Why must Zhuge Liang exist too?"
Zhou Yu
Master

Unread postby MaChao » Mon May 05, 2003 6:23 am

LOL :lol:

Yeah, that Hamotaro is something huh, the song gets stuck in my head as well sometimes. I watch it too when there's nothing to do. and I do mean NOTHING to do

RK is cool, but I dont know why CN started at the begining again?
"To The Stars and Beyond......"
"I am the sword of Justice"

Become part of Robotech!
http://www.robotech.com
MaChao
Apprentice

Next

Return to The Pub