Children?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Do you want children?

Yes
62%
No
24%
Don't know yet
14%

Total votes : 86

Children?

Unread postby Looney Dutchy » Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:52 am

Just wondering if anyone already knows if he/she wants children later on in his/her life?

I know I do... :D
I just love children... :lol:
Don't think you're weird, just act like it!

For the World War 2 freaks :
Feldgrau WW2 Forum
Looney Dutchy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhanghe_of_Wei » Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:09 am

I hate children :evil:

Nah maybe that's too strong...I have no plans to settle down and have children (yet?) . Raising kids is tough, you know...
"Knowledge is not as important as imagination. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" - Albert Einstein
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln
Zhanghe_of_Wei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Rhiannon » Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:38 am

I would like one child, maybe two. I'm not of strong preference, while I think I'd enjoy a girl, I also think I'd find raising a boy fascinating and new for me.

At the same time, I haven't settled my desires on it yet, and I'm patient for when it may happen and if it may happen. I probably won't have a child until I'm 25 or even 30. :shock: Just want to get my life settled first, before I bring something into this world..
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Shi Jing Xu » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:01 am

Hmm.....I probably wouldn't, and I think my kid would hate me for it if I did. I would give them a name that suits me, not them. And, well, I have problems :lol: I have a little brother, and I know how to raise a kid....I dont really want one....as of now anyway... :shock:
"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Shi Jing Xu
Hermione G

Unread postby Asellas » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:06 am

No. I don't think I want to have kids and have a family, all I want to is travel, work hard, get money travel aropund the world that sort of thing. Like Zhangehe said Kids are very Hard to bring up at first. I am not sure if I wuold have the capability of having one. I would rather sacrifice having a chance to have a baby than be cruel, injure it and so on though I wouldn't be like that. Everyone has the right to pass the torch but bot all chosen and I am one of them. All living things want thier genes to pass on.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Lady Lazarus » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:42 am

Yeah I agree that raise a child is difficult, and you cant just throw it away like when I get bored of my things...

And not to memtion the pain I have to bear to have them, I know they say it's all worth it and etc. but I'm concerned about that :shock:
Formerly Zhao_Yun Lover
Lady Lazarus
Langzhong

Unread postby Maria » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:03 pm

I do not want kids, sadly. I don't think I can bear the responsibility. And there's enough unfortunate kids in the world, so we better take care of them first before adding one to the lot.

That's why I admire Angelina Jolie ^_^
Maria
Iron Duchess

Unread postby Nu Wa » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:52 pm

Ugh ugh ugh, no way >_<
If existance is a nightmare, one can only hope they are dreaming.
Nu Wa
Academic

Unread postby Gravity » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:15 pm

Sure, I would like to raise some children once I settle down. If I'll actually consider becoming pregnant, I'm not sure, but adopting children seems to be a better choice for me. I love kids, so hopefully I won't rack my brain out trying to raise them. I'll probably have three children; two of them mine, and one adopted.
Gravity
I Got Skillz

Unread postby Emily » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:22 pm

Yes! I'm quite fond of well-behaved children. My husband and I want two- he wants girls and I'd like one of each. Actually, I'd love to have twins, but since they're not too common in our families, I'd have to get them by medical engineering. (We're considering it.) But, I still have 3-4 years of school left, so I'll be 25 or 26 before we even consider having a child. And we've decided to raise them as I was raised- by spoiling them silly and by having live-in governesses to tutor them until they start to school as well as to keep them in line and teach them proper social protocol.

However, since choosing names is half the fun, we've already picked out one for a girl: Echo Leigh. And for a boy...we're still debating. (In other words, he won't agree.) I'd like to name him Sirius Alexander, but Bryan's so intent on having girls that he won't even discuss the possibility. (Unless you count his smart-alec reply of "Bob" whenever I ask his opinion.) Not to mention the fact that he really hates the name Sirius.
"The person who knows how to laugh at himself will never cease to be amused." --Shirley Maclaine
Emily
Texas Tornado

Next

Return to The Pub