Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.

Unread postby qqdonut » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 am

Sun Fin wrote:Welcome back to the forum qqdonut! I think the SoSZ is quieter at the moment but the quality of information being posted, like Taishi Ci's book of Jin thread, is as high as ever! I hope you stick around and enjoy the ride! :D

Thanks! Yeah definitely enjoy reading the relatively straightforward ZZTJ rendering of the post-Sima Yan era. The sheer number of princes makes it so confusing.
qqdonut
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Welcome back qqdonut

I have noticed a tendency towards scepticism with latest DW, some over open world, others really angry over cloned movesets and other issue.

The tumblr sources do seem to be something more and more people nowadays. I did read through the ZZTJ when younger but doubt I could do that nowadays, having more sources around has been one of the joys of recent years even though others like 3kingdoms.net and empiredivided have faded. Particularly we have more on later eras of three kingdoms
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:26 am

I've posted here a few times, and have lurked for many, many hours, so I figured I'd finally introduce myself!

I joined after coming across Taishi Ci 2.0's "ZZTJ Translations: Western Jin (Book 79-83-??)" thread while scouring Google. I followed the thread for a while then decided that I've enjoyed the project too much to not thank him for his work, so I signed up!

My introduction to the Three Kingdoms era was through Dynasty Warriors 3, nearly sixteen years ago. (I feel old.) Since then I have owned nearly every DW game. I read the Romance novels after a few years, and as time went on I began studying the true history behind the game/book characters.

I particularly enjoy studying the Western Jin dynasty (as might be apparent from my username), as well as Dong Zhuo's rise and fall, and Sun Hao's. I guess I find the tyranny side of 3K history to be pretty interesting! :P Outside of tyrants, I also like to read about Jiang Wei and Sima Yi.

I think this place is great, so I hope to stick around!
Jia Nanfeng
Apprentice

Unread postby Taishi Ci 2.0 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 am

Welcome again to the forum and thank you for appreciating my work.

Don't feel too bad about DW3 being old; that was also my introduction to the history of the era. Sometimes, you just have to humble the rebels.

If you're a Jiang Wei fan, I did translate a mod for an old KOEI strategy game that focuses on his life story, mostly historical, some fictional embellishments, quite a bit of silliness: Legend of Jiang Wei.
"You have attacked us before, and we survived! You cannot defeat us. Submit!"
"We have. You did. We can. No."
Taishi Ci 2.0
Grand Historian Friendly to Cats

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:25 am

Welcome to the forum Jia Nanfeng

Dynasty Warriors 2 was my first I think, most of us came through the olde Dw games

I also find the rise and fall of Dong intresting, Sun Hao interests me but the lack of knowledge about that era is frustrating and Jiang Wei is an intresting figure.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:00 am

Welcome to the board, Jia Nanfeng! I'm glad you're enjoying your time here! The Jin dynasty doesn't appeal to me quite so much but I agree that what Taishi Ci is undertaking is an awesome project! Like Dong I got in to the game via DW2 which is still my favourite - I doubt this community would exist without the popularity of DW2-5!

I hope you'll stick around for a long time :D :D
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to The Pub