Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.

Unread postby James » Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:05 pm

My real name is James, I am 22, and I live in Utah. I have lived there for nearly my whole life. I have been to a few places in Europe and would like to travel more. I enjoy reading, learning history (and learning in general), computers, selective games, and the few people I call friends. My other hobbies include roleplaying, studying psychology, religion, and other things most people don't believe in.

I work as a graphics and web designer, but the freelance market right now in my area is very harsh. It is tough, but I enjoy it. I plan to keep it as my professional career.

I got into Romance of the Three Kingdoms by playing Destiny of an Emperor and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. In the start movie it said "based off a historical novel" so I asked my old man about it. He figured out what novel it was when I told him the name of Koei's game (he was a major in Asian studies) so I went down to the college and ordered it. I was only around 11 years old, so it took me forever to get into the wording and I had a little trouble at first with the different names (I had the Brewitt-Taylor edition), but once I got past the first 6 chapters (which took three month) I finished the rest in one month.
Last edited by James on Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhang He » Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:53 pm

I'm really bad at these things, but here goes...

My name is Chrys, i'm from England... i'm 19, currently a student, and engaged to a beautiful young lass on the other side of the ocean. (in the US, to be precise)

I'm a relative newcomer to RTK... i was first hooked by WotC's 3 kingdoms edition of M:TG, and then later by DW2. From there i went on to read SGYY, and, well, here i am. ;)

Once far too (a) shy and (b) depressed to have any friends, i've met some great people via the internet (including my fiancee and my best friend) - and i love the community here on these boards, and i'm proud to be a part of it. ^_^

By way of hobbies, i collect and paint minatures - handily ties in with my other serious hobby, roleplaying. I also shoot (target work only, nothing live) and i have been known to write fanfics and short stories on occasion.

I guess that's me in a nutshell... 8-)
Zhang He

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:53 pm

I'm Jonathan and I'm an alcoholic. *lol* Sorry I just had to do that. :lol:

Anyways, I'm like a travelling clown, lived in many places, and I intend to settle down in the US for at least 20 years or so, then I want to set up a free clinic with my wife in asia.
I'm a "writer" I guess, I try to be involved in writing projects because it is one of the few things I can do well.
I got into RTK 10 years ago and am still a mediocre expert :lol:
I need to read more :shock:
Last edited by Zhou Gongjin on Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Wix The Great » Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:58 pm

I'm Bill. I am 16 and a sophomore in high school. I like to play sports and videogames alot ^_^

I got into RTK probably when I was 13. I try to read SGYY when ever I can.

I hope someday to either work in the field of computers or in the medical field.
Wix The Great
3/3 of Wei World Order

Unread postby Nu Wa » Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:45 am

Um, ok. ^_^ I'm Alexandra, Alex for short, and I'm 17, and an Aries. I'm currently sitting my last year at High School, and after that I hope to take a course on Computer Games Technology in my local Uni. I really wanted to be an MI5 agent, or in the army, etc, but it's never gonna happen, so I'll settle for something along the lines of computer-games development...might even get me into Japan...^_^
I have loooads of books, and I love reading about mythology and culture, especially the Oriental kind, which is why I like DW so much.
I'm uh, bisexual, and a bit of a feminist, actually...^_^;; I guess I'm pretty sickly, cos I have a lot of things wrong with me...I'm anemic, and even schizophrenic, but I don't usually tell anyone that, cos it's very upsetting...T_T But anyway! ^.^ I don't let it get to me.
I'm good with computers, and I also play the electric guitar. ^_^ I'm a Pagan, a Wiccan to be precise, and I have a cat called Ebony, who is SUPPOSED to be my familiar, but is too lazy...>_<;;
Ah....I love anime and manga too. I think that's about it. O_O Hopefully, I mean, look at all that! *points up* sowweeeee....^.^
If existance is a nightmare, one can only hope they are dreaming.
Nu Wa
Academic

Unread postby Lion's Mane » Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:48 am

My name's Andy, I'm 22, and I live in Utah as well. I'm currently a college student majoring in Environmental Studies at the University of Utah. I got into the Romance series with RTKIV, liked it, but always couldn't afford to buy the games. I like to consider myself an expert of Dynasty Warriors (3 more than 2), though, and can be frequently seen on the DW3 boards on GameFAQs as LordDavion.

I'm currently engaged, and enjoy spending my time hiking, camping, sleeping, eating, and wandering aimlessly. . .

. . .what? Why is everyone staring at me like that?
Remember, children, "No two people are not on fire."
Lion's Mane
Lord of Annwn
Lord of Annwn

Unread postby James » Sat Jul 06, 2002 1:46 am

Nu Wa wrote:... and I have a cat called Ebony, who is SUPPOSED to be my familiar, but is too lazy...>_<;;

Isn't that the truth! The various cats I have gone through over the years couldn't handle that to save their lives, they are too concerned with eating and sleeping. I wonder where everyone else gets his or her helpful little friends. I think they avoid me. :lol:
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 1:50 am

My real name is Josh. I was born in Texas and I'm 15 years old.

I like to consider myself an expert in certain areas of history, such as the RTK era and the Civil War of the United States. History is a very important part of my life. Besides this I've written a few biographies of RTK officers and of myself. I've also written a strategy guide for RTK VI, the game I'm best at. As you can probaly tell, I'm an obsessive gamer and constantly play video games on my many systems. Kessen, the RTK series, Zelda games and Summoner are some of my favorites.

I've been playing soccer in the AYSO since I was about 7 years old. I always play forward and I've led my team in goals scored every single year I've played. I also play some football, but I'm best at soccer.

In the future I plan to attend Texas A&M for college and go on to most likely become an accountant or a writer of player's guides for a company like Prima.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby Alucard » Sat Jul 06, 2002 1:52 am

My name is Peter. I live in Rhode Island. 14 years old and going to high school after summer vacation :) . Im a heavy sleeper. If there was a gang fight outside i whouldn't know. I got into RTK by watching the tv series and by my family. I make up stories any time of the day except when im doin personal stuff. Someday i wish to go to every scary place in the world.
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

Unread postby Stefanos » Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:13 am

My name is Stephen, Im 16 and in High School. I live in Florida. I consider myself a utopian god :lol: . Im currently self teaching myself Japanese and I am an exceptional writer. I someday plan on becoming an ambassador to somewhere in the eastern region of the world. Im an obsessive gamer and Im a master of the Saxophone :wink: . I first started my Sanguo experience when I played RTK III as a young child. It was confusing, as I was very immature, but I persisted and became engulfed in the realm of RTK. I first read the book when I was twelve, and Ive read it through completely twice. Also, Im writing SGYY Bio's for KMA as a hobby. Ive got two kitties(cats), a persian which was nicknamed Chloe, and a tabby cat named Rufian. Im addicted to Mountain Dew Code Red and Doritos. :twisted:
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Next

Return to The Pub