Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Hey there folks, Daolunofshiji here. I run a filthy tumblr dedicated to Three Kingdoms and the messy Dynasty Warriors series in which I meme, swear and yell about great dudes and dudettes. Been a lurker on the forums since... oh.. I don't know. 05...06? Time isn't real anyways, who cares. I was barely active on an old account, but that info is more lost than Zhong Hui's 'Grand One' sword. (Damn Wang Bosheng).

Some quick facts: First got into the history when I started reading the AWFUL Dynasty Warriors 3 encyclopedia, I'm a Wei B O I through and through, Zhong Hui and Deng Ai are the supreme gentlemen and I want to drown Guan Yu in a river.

Anyhoozle. I hope to be more active and engage in the friendliest of discussions. :) Rock on, knowledge folk. \m/
"Since our eternal parting will come in a few days, I write this in a passion, to reveal my heart and to bid farewell to you, my prince."
https://daolunofshiji.tumblr.com/ - The other white meat.
DaoLunOfShiji
Tyro

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Welcome to the forum Daolunofshiji

Fan of Wei? Yep you pass the secret test and my stay here forever :wink: I do recall some weird stuff in the old DW encyclopaedia, I don't recall what was wrong but I remember it was wrong. Glad you have decided to join, please enjoy and discuss
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:02 am

Welcome to the board DaoLunOfShiji! Sounds like you're a huge DW fan, excited for DW9?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DaoLunOfShiji » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Thank you. I am looking forward to it, but I'm cautiously optimistic. It's KOEI, so it can obviously be dreadful. So far though, haven't seen anything that drives me away.

Here's hopin' it's good.
"Since our eternal parting will come in a few days, I write this in a passion, to reveal my heart and to bid farewell to you, my prince."
https://daolunofshiji.tumblr.com/ - The other white meat.
DaoLunOfShiji
Tyro

Unread postby ItssLuBu » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:02 pm

Hello everyone, ItssLuBu here. I'm 27 and from the north of England, first got into Rot3k after playing Dynasty Warriors 3 back in my early teens and kept this nickname, or a variation of it since! I have a history degree, hoping to learn more about the period and the characters in it.

Cheers

LuBu
ItssLuBu
Tyro

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:21 pm

ItssLuBu wrote:Hello everyone, ItssLuBu here.

"Someone! Anyone! Stop Lu Bu!" :lol:

As a DW fan, I'm sure you remember long, difficult fights against Lu Bu where any mistake might be fatal.

Welcome to the forum. I'm Bush Leagues, although this is the only forum where I keep that handle. I'm from the south-central United States.

We have an unofficial Discord server, which you can find here.

https://discord.gg/rq5Cw3t

I'm a bigger fan of the strategy games than the DW games, although I thought 7's story mode was actually very well done.

I hope to see you around more.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:12 am

That first time when faces Lu Bu and gets whooped by the sheer power

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy yourself and always nice to have a fellow Englander here :wink:
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:10 am

ItssLuBu wrote:Hello everyone, ItssLuBu here. I'm 27 and from the north of England, first got into Rot3k after playing Dynasty Warriors 3 back in my early teens and kept this nickname, or a variation of it since! I have a history degree, hoping to learn more about the period and the characters in it.

Cheers

LuBu

Welcome to the board! I'm from Southern England! The history of the period is fascinating, I suggest just keep asking question! :D
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to The Pub