Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.

Unread postby Kotosho » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:40 am

Hi! My name is Thom, I am 17 years old and I live in the Netherlands.

I have been playing Dynasty Warriors for 10 years now, starting with DW3. I am still a huge fan. I play DW3 nearly every day.

I have read the Romance of the Three Kingdoms thrice now. I want to read it at least once every year.

I am currently still busy with school. I do not have the slightest idea what I want to do with my life when I grow up.

My biggest interest are music (metal, heavy and power) and the Three Kingdoms.

I started looking for 4th weapons guides for DW3 on Kongming and eventually I also ended up in here. Nice to meet all of you!
''Do not do evil because it is a small evil; do not leave undone a small good because it is a small good'' - Liu Bei
Kotosho
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:46 am

Hello Thom! Welcome to the board :D. It's always exciting to have new members join up! I know a lot of our members think that DW3 was the high point of the series but I've never played it! I skipped straight from DW2 to 5! :oops:

I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do at 17 and have changed my mind several times since - something this forum documents :lol: - so there is no shame in not knowing what you want to do yet!

I love RoTK, I still regularly re-read it! Whats your favourite section?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kotosho » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:01 pm

My most favourite parts of the book are the times that Zhuge Liang is contantly triumphant. Every time Zhao Yun plunges into battle is also a most awesome read. It's great to read any victory to Liu Bei/Shu, because I am a huge Shu supporter.

What are your favourite parts?
''Do not do evil because it is a small evil; do not leave undone a small good because it is a small good'' - Liu Bei
Kotosho
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:04 pm

I like Zhao Yun too, where he rescues Liu Chan on the run from Cao Cao's army is a great bit!

Personally though Sun Ce is my favourite person from the era so any chapter where he is conquering the south lands stands out to me! Sadly he dies so early.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Equinox » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Welcome Thom! Great to have you here! I've been a fan of the DW series for quite a while too, starting with DW3. Looking forward to your posts!
Equinox
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Shengde » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Welcome!

Fun to see quite some similarities.
I too like metal, (especially death metal).
Though I much more prefer Wei over Shu.

If you are also interested in China in general you might want to look up sinology/China studies in Leiden.
''Dreary, dank, and dimly lit. Truly a sanctuary to call home.''
Jia Shengde
Initiate

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 am

Bah, Shuists and Wuists, truly the end times. :wink:

Hello Thom, great to meet you. I'm from England

DW2 was my first (RTK8 for that series of games, loved being able to play as my character but barely played others), my fav was probably DW7 due to latter Shu, Xing Cai and kingdom mode story.

Read RTK twice but been awhile and my memories tend to be about little passages (liu Bei being met by the ghosts of his brothers, Zhuge Liang and the pond come to mind) or little odd things outside it like reading one of the older Arthurian tales and noting how the style was similar to RTK. DW then novel then onto history for me

I like musicals and soft pop for music.

Wei rules!
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Tangtaizong » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:51 pm

Here come the far better emperor than that of Qin and Han, for it is I, Emperor Taizong from glorious Tang Dynasty!

Hello there, just call me Tang and I'm a writer. History freak, currently re-reading Tang Dynasty because I'm sure I missed something important. See you around!
Tangtaizong
Tyro

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:37 pm

Welcome to the board Tang! I hope you are well! It's exciting to have another member on the board! What kind of things do you write?
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:15 am

Nice intro post Tangtaizong, made me smile so thanks!
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub