Problems? Need help or support? Let us offer it to you.

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Problems? Need help or support? Let us offer it to you.

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Lord Yang Jiahua wrote:
Zhuanyong wrote:That would mean that as an adult, in age, you would still be required to live according to and by your fathers rules. You're ok with this?
OMFG you would question that? Yes im ok with this, and My dad is closer to Sean Connery's Character in the Third Indiana Jones Movie, and gee man, what rules, as long as i keep him informed hes fine with most things, i dont drink, i dont smoke, i dont do drugs, if i had a girlfriend he'd be cool with it as long as i introduce her to him, and if well, i wanted to well you know, he'd leave and go out somewhere for like and hour or two. That is a terrible assumption bro.waht damned post are you refering to?You mean the post on 159, yea i mean he gets on my nerves sometimes, but that doesnt mean i want to leave him alone by himself in a big house so he can grow old! He certainly does want me to leave home, but only if i want to, not because he wants it! Also there was a lot of shit 3 years ago during my parents divorce, i stay with my dad due to my own reasons.

I don't see where the shock is coming from, personally. I think it to be a fair question since you seem to have been going at it for your own personal reasons not too long ago. I'm busy so I can't look at the post, but I guess the page you're referencing is probably accurate. I figured going to college and moving out on your own would be a welcomed change. I suppose not. Besides, plenty of people move out for college. It was just a question, no need to go all caps. :wink:

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:25 pm

I think thats a bit of an over reaction LYJ.

My father and I are on good times but I still find it restricting living with him during my breaks from uni. The things I've got use to as an adult, independence for example, are things that he doesn't always accept. I live in a house of equals in my house at university whereas at home my parents are in charge. I find it hard to live there for more than a few months at a time. I was finding this while I was still at school and university gives you far more independence.

My cousin lived at home for uni and I know it worked for her but it would have driven me crazy. So I think it was a valid question on Yong's part to make sure you thought it through, if you have and you still want to live at home, good for you. Yong wasn't telling you thats wrong he just wanted to make sure you had thought through all the options!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand and my tumblr to see if I have reviewed it!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:53 pm

I'm sure Zhuanyong meant well considering you have had problem with your father in the past about your own choices and things getting heated!! It's also great experience living on your own and off your own back but it's not for everyone don't worry!! Good Luck!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:32 pm

SunXia wrote:I'm sure Zhuanyong meant well considering you have had problem with your father in the past about your own choices and things getting heated!!

Of course. I thought my last sentence of that post pretty much confirmed that.

Zhuanyong wrote:I understand the economical value in it, but you seemed to be adamantly waiting the chance to break free based posts you made a few months back.

No worries though. I've heard far far worst over the phone when I was working in human resources in the call center. :lol:

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:36 am

I don't know if it would be better or not for me to live away for uni as I don't have two much experience living alone. I usually stay with someone. But at the end of the day, am I gonna get into a good med school if I go to Calgary or something a little more American? I think the answer is clear enough.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lord Yang Jiahua » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:34 am

Now my problem is, JOBZ!!!!
Father needs a job, and im stressed out, i look everyday alot, and nothing.....
"We Will Show Wu The Meaning of Fear!"-Cao Cao in DW6
"Politicians Are all the same all over, They Promise to build a bridge even when theres no river"-Nikita Khrushchev
Lord Yang Jiahua
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liao Ce » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 pm

^
With the economy in the shape it's in, and a 12% unemployment rate in the US; a job can be hard to find.
I just found a job, but only got it because the lady that owns the restaurant does my taxes and knows my mom real well.
It seems that leads like that is the best way to find a job. Ask all your friends and family if they know anywhere that's hiring or if they know anybody who does the hiring anyplace. From what I can tell, this place I just got a job wasn't really hiring, I just got in cause of the connections.
Liao Ce
Academic

Unread postby rcsha » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:28 am

Lord Yang Jiahua wrote:Now my problem is, JOBZ!!!!
Father needs a job, and im stressed out, i look everyday alot, and nothing.....

Like Liao Ce spoke of..."It's not what you know, it's who you know." Do you know anybody who owns a business, is a supervisor or manager? Even if it isn't in their department, their inside voice can help you get hired.

And barring that...janitorial and fast food franchises are always hiring. Janitorial are usually decent-paying, but low hours. Fast food are the other ways...low paying, but you can often get a full set of hours.
rcsha
Ao Kaio Nankou

Unread postby Remlia » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Liao Ce wrote:I have a friend that I worry about. She has a lot of friends, but she still talks like she's lonely/alone in the world. I really don't know what to say to her, she shouldn't feel that way. She has WAY more friends than me, yet she just doesn't seem to care... about herself, really. I really don't know why she feels the way she does.
Is there anything I should say to her, or anything I should do?

Going on personal experience, I would say she's suffering from depression at the very least. I don't know her, so I can't say how serious it is, but some counseling combined with medication can do wonders. Unfortunately, I can't think of a gentle way to bring up the suggestion. It's a sensitive issue.
http://www.backloggery.com/espeon
The above may contain vulgar language at times.
Remlia
Tyro

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:35 am

Yeah that sounds like a sensitive issue!! She needs help but she also has to want help, which is a difficult topic to try and broach with somebody suffering with such feelings!! She needs to learn to control her emotions or at least deal with them!! Also, point, if you want to help her you have to be willing to put up with a lot as many people will lash out or you will begin to feel frustrated that she won't do things!! In my experience, it can be very tough helping them out and unfortunately, if you feel down they are not very good to be around because you will want to lash out for example a friend of mine went on and on about how she wanted to die while a close family member of mine was days from dying!! They can be very introverted and not realize, due to their depression, that they are hurting others!! I would say your friend needs professional help as I have tried upon tried with depressed friends and sometimes it feels like making a wall bleed, until they get professional help, there is very little you can do!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub