Problems? Need help or support? Let us offer it to you.

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Unread postby Rhiannon » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:39 pm

Jonathan Wu wrote:General distrust? What do you mean by that?

Not being able to verify the person isn't seeing someone else, not knowing if their friends are just friends or something more, mainly is what has been the fears we've faced. Even with the deepest trust we've had, there has always been times when we've been low, or sick, and started having fears and doubts that the other was even thinking about being with someone else.
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:55 pm

Wild-Eyes wrote:
Not being able to verify the person isn't seeing someone else, not knowing if their friends are just friends or something more, mainly is what has been the fears we've faced. Even with the deepest trust we've had, there has always been times when we've been low, or sick, and started having fears and doubts that the other was even thinking about being with someone else.

Can't say I've felt that way after having an internet relationship for three years now. I trust my fiance more than I trust myself and I have never doubted her one bit.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Shi Jing Xu » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:42 am

I would probably have problems like that...or at least feel that way at first. But as the relationship develops, you will (or should...I hope) trust the person more.
"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Shi Jing Xu
Hermione G

Unread postby Liao Hua » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:08 am

You actually think you can help? Then attempt to answer my question:

Why do people get live happy, wonderful lives while I have to suffer in misery? There are so many stuck-up kids at my school. They've got it all- Friends, good grades, and even the women! They think they can just come in and take away my happiness. . . . . I hate, depise, and loathe those stuck-up people. Why must they be happy at the expense of my own happiness? WHY!? I just don't get it . . .
'If you are strong, you live. . .If you are weak, you die. Killing people wasn't. . .Something I wanted to do. In reality, I was crying."- Soujiro, Rurouni Kenshin
Liao Hua
Apprentice

Unread postby Zhanghe_of_Wei » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:21 am

Liao Hua wrote:You actually think you can help? Then attempt to answer my question:
Why do people get live happy, wonderful lives while I have to suffer in misery? There are so many stuck-up kids at my school. They've got it all- Friends, good grades, and even the women! They think they can just come in and take away my happiness. . . . . I hate, depise, and loathe those stuck-up people. Why must they be happy at the expense of my own happiness? WHY!? I just don't get it . . .

"happy at the expense of your happiness"? I don't think that's really possible; it's your own perspective. Your happiness is intangible and will always be yours and no one elses'. This is all happening in school so don't worry about it too much, you won't need to see them ever again when you graduate right? I'm sure you can achieve good grades as well if you work hard for it. Live your own life and to hell with what the stuck-up kids are doing with theirs. I'll be surprised if friendships among them can last, if they're snobbish as you say. Otherwise, I think the whole bunch is stuck-up. Birds of a feather flock together. It's up to you to decide if you desire or deserve them as friends.
Personally, I am never very popular in school. But its the qualities of your friends, and not the quantity that should be valued.
"Knowledge is not as important as imagination. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" - Albert Einstein
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln
Zhanghe_of_Wei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Stuart » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:19 am

bleh
Last edited by Stuart on Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby Alucard » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:32 pm

i have lots of problems but theres one i need some advice in. lately i havent been 100% - 90% on my school work. i seem to not be learning anything. i feel extremely lazy to do anythin that has to do with school. but when it comes to friends, family, and games im my usual self. what can i do to get my lazyness out of me.
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history. - Pahn
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

Unread postby James » Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:12 pm

Alpha_Beta wrote:help me! my ex girlfriend is going out with one of my best friends and i think i still have feelings for her, and im completely clueless as to what to do because if you read the topic about betrayal http://www.the-scholars.com/viewtopic.php?t=2269 its the same girlfriend with a different person, and i dont really want to split them up because i could never do to anyone else what that guy did to me

Well, if she is your ex then her decision makes sense. Does she know you still care for you? Free will. If she wants to be with you so be it, if she wants to be with him so be it. As long as all parties involved know.

Alucard wrote:i have lots of problems but theres one i need some advice in. lately i havent been 100% - 90% on my school work. i seem to not be learning anything. i feel extremely lazy to do anythin that has to do with school. but when it comes to friends, family, and games im my usual self. what can i do to get my lazyness out of me.

Lazy isn’t exactly something for which there is a magic cure, you just have to get of your ass, haha. Here is something that would fix it if you are serious though, give your parents a dollar out of your own pocket (explain to them why) when you put off your studies, and don’t expect to get it back. You will be working before long, but it requires honestly with yourself. ;)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Lady Lazarus » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:13 am

Alucard wrote:i have lots of problems but theres one i need some advice in. lately i havent been 100% - 90% on my school work. i seem to not be learning anything. i feel extremely lazy to do anythin that has to do with school. but when it comes to friends, family, and games im my usual self. what can i do to get my lazyness out of me.

same here, mine is worse cos I'm in my final year of high school. My only motivation is that if I don't get my school work done daily, I won't be able see Zhao Yun in action each weekend...
Formerly Zhao_Yun Lover
Lady Lazarus
Langzhong

Unread postby Andrew J » Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:01 pm

Dude, same here. Im bright and intelligent, but Im got a D in maths when My target is an A. I feel tried and I cant concentrate. The former I know about but I dont know why about the second. I'll be okay though. I say your having a bad time at school at the mo. Just relax
Yo, yo, yo, yo, pop a 40 and check yo' rollies! It's 56 time!
Andrew J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub