Problems? Need help or support? Let us offer it to you.

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Problems? Need help or support? Let us offer it to you.

Unread postby Lion's Mane » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:19 pm

This is a general discussion post, about any problems you may be having in your life. Anything is fair game, be it relationship, life, money, deaths, or other such issues. We're a close community here, so let us offer our aid to you, when you may be down.

Thanks.

Please take PC Problems to the PC Help Thread. This is a place for interpersonal support, not computer issues.
Lion's Mane
Lord of Annwn
Lord of Annwn

Unread postby Asellas » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:24 pm

My friend really likes someone but is embarrsed as he is not cool and she is should he ask her out.What should he do.Hint it is not me.
"Winter is coming".
"I like hurting people...it's what I do best because I am heartless".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:33 pm

Guan Ping wrote:My friend really likes someone but is embarrsed as he is not cool and she is should he ask her out.What should he do.Hint it is not me.

He should wait until he goes to university! :lol: (Life is so much better during those years than before them...) Anyway, I think that he should first get to know her outside the "dating" atmosphere. (Too many pressures and too much play-acting involved in the dating game. :wink: ) Forming a friendship first will eliminate the feeling that he needs to put up any facades.
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Unread postby Asellas » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:36 pm

<>removed</>
Last edited by Asellas on Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Winter is coming".
"Love is for poets, romance is for playwrights, and sex is for procreation - I desire none of them"
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:39 pm

Guan Ping wrote:Thanks.I confess it was too K-chan she's looking for a boyfriend and i need a girlfriend.Should i ask her to be my girlfriend on this site?.It's me.

Only you can answer that question, but I sense that you hesitate to act. Is there a reason? :wink:

Guan Ping wrote:Anyway another problem is that I am tied by losing frienship a person who i have known for years because he betrayed me and losing a lot of friends over a silly matter who i knew 6 months ago what should i do.

Not enough information, Guan Ping. Was this betrayal serious, or was it a misunderstanding that go out of hand?
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Unread postby Asellas » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:40 pm

It was serious.I want K-Chan to send me a photo of her. :oops:
"Winter is coming".
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Lion's Mane » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:47 pm

As I'm a part of a successful internet relationship that has been four years in the making, I have to offer this advice.

Stay away from them like the plague, unless you're willing to dedicate yourself long hours of sitting in front of the computer (something Wild-Eyes and I are finally getting past), and expensive phone bills, and the general distrust that comes from being online.

If you two are in the same area, I'd say forget the pictures, and get to know each other. Be friends, first and foremost. If you jump into the relationship before even being close, GOOD friends, then the relationship is going to be shaky at best. That's the most important part. The relationship can't be about romance or sexuality alone, nor can it be the foundation of a relationship. If you two can't laugh about each other, and laugh about yourselves, there will be problems, believe me.

I lost the friendship aspect with Wild-Eyes a while back, and now that we're mending it, I'm damned sorry I let myself see her as just my lover, or just my wife, etc. She's my best damn friend in the whole world.
Remember, children, "No two people are not on fire."
Lion's Mane
Lord of Annwn
Lord of Annwn

Unread postby Asellas » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:49 pm

She lives in Amerca and i live in the U.K It's kinda difficult.What would she say?
"Winter is coming".
Asellas
Lord of Winterfell

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:51 pm

Guan Ping wrote:It was serious...

Well, Guan Ping, I think you need to size up the value you place on your friendship with this "traitor" against the value of the trust that he/she betrayed. Would this person betray you again? Why? Why not? Does your ability to forgive this individual also lead the two of you toward reconciliation? Would this "traitor" be open to reconciliation?

True friendship is never easy, but the decision to act out of true friendship should be the easiest of actions to take, regardless of the sacrifice. So, perhaps you should ask yourself this question: "Was my friendship with this individual a true friendship?" If so, well, maybe reconciliation is in order; if not, perhaps you know better now and can hope for better experiences in the future. :)
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:36 pm

Lord Davion wrote:
Stay away from them like the plague, unless you're willing to dedicate yourself long hours of sitting in front of the computer (something Wild-Eyes and I are finally getting past), and expensive phone bills, and the general distrust that comes from being online.

General distrust? What do you mean by that?
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Next

Return to The Pub