YouTube Channels

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

YouTube Channels

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:02 am

Hey there guys!! I couldn't find any topic on this so i thought I would make one!!

Essentially, YouTube has become a massive platform now and basically has massive viewership across the board and a wide variety of channels and content to watch.

Do you watch a lot of YouTube? And what channels do you watch??

I currently love Philly D and have watched him for a few years now and I think he's awesome. he basically does news shows on the weekdays. One of the things that endears me to him is his refusal to use the names and faces of mass murderers/serial killers/shooters (etc) unless they are on the run because often these people are looking for that infamy. He believes and I agree that we can still discuss causes/effects and such without giving them that fame they wanted. Also, I love how hes grown from putting "babes" in his videos needlessly and learning from the past.

I have watched Nostalgia Critic for years and still enjoy his reviews.

Recently I found Rationality Rules and I love it. I love watching debunking things and I like how he stays out of a lot of the drama old sceptics allowed themselves to be dragged into.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: YouTube Channels

Unread postby Qin Feng » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:24 pm

The great war is a good history channel. It goes into A LOT of detail about world War 1, and it's honestly quite overwhelming, but interesting nonetheless. Definitely recommended.
Qin Feng
Initiate

Unread postby Exar Kun » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:44 am

Don't subscribe to many channels to be honest. Mostly just some ones for new music, like Trap Nation.
"Two there should be; no more, no less.
One to embody the power, the other to crave it."
-Creed of the New Sith-
Exar Kun
Dark Lord of the Sith

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Wow Exar blast from us oldies!!

Extra Credits now I love this channel, love its wee animations. On my partners 30th we were eating take away in the car and I put it on for Thermopylae and my partner sat there open mouthed because of its informative but condensed recap. Apparently Gerard Butler lied to him (hehe) was not happy when discovered Sparta actually had slaves and Persians technically didn't.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Return to The Pub