Snow!

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Snow!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:54 am

The UK ground to a halt the last few days due to heavy snowfall. In my part of the country we get the powdery white stuff lightly once every few years. Proper snow is a rare occurrence - as a kid it was one that got my very excited. I mean time off school, who wouldn't be excited! :lol: Now I'm an adult, sadly it fills me with dread!

Do you like the snow? Do you get much of it? How does your country deal with it?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Re: Snow!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 am

Korea tends to get about the same amount as my hometown in Virginia. Couple of inches spread out across a few snowfalls.

I like snow back in Virginia because everything goes super quiet and it's great to go for a wander. But in Seoul it turns to grey mush super fast so I am not fond of it. Plus there is no such thing as a snow day here, no matter how bad it snows everyone is going to work :lol:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Dread, makes going out more slippery and not sure people always have their cars under control.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Dread, makes going out more slippery and not sure people always have their cars under control.

As a worker in a call centre that deals with break downs, I can confirm they can't! :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Return to The Pub