Snow!

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Snow!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:54 am

The UK ground to a halt the last few days due to heavy snowfall. In my part of the country we get the powdery white stuff lightly once every few years. Proper snow is a rare occurrence - as a kid it was one that got my very excited. I mean time off school, who wouldn't be excited! :lol: Now I'm an adult, sadly it fills me with dread!

Do you like the snow? Do you get much of it? How does your country deal with it?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Re: Snow!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:25 am

Korea tends to get about the same amount as my hometown in Virginia. Couple of inches spread out across a few snowfalls.

I like snow back in Virginia because everything goes super quiet and it's great to go for a wander. But in Seoul it turns to grey mush super fast so I am not fond of it. Plus there is no such thing as a snow day here, no matter how bad it snows everyone is going to work :lol:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:47 pm

Dread, makes going out more slippery and not sure people always have their cars under control.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Dread, makes going out more slippery and not sure people always have their cars under control.

As a worker in a call centre that deals with break downs, I can confirm they can't! :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Return to The Pub