Online Dating - Anyone tried it?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Online Dating - Anyone tried it?

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:38 am

bristlr? That's an awesome concept!
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:03 pm

Ranbir wrote:That's a big step, considering, so good on you for making it.

And oh yeah, ladies have a shit load of messages to get through. I gotta stand out but not put so much effort that it feels wasteful. I've resorted to bizarre poetry now and then.

It is a big step, I have a history of very clingy people to the point of suffocation and sadly, while I don't want to judge people on their mental state, I have to watch out for the red flags on the matter. I can't have negative nancies. I just can't. We would never be compatible in a romantic setting.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Ranbir » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:04 pm

I've also tried bumble, where the lady has to message first.

The least active app.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:19 am

Oh my, I accidentally messaged a guy first recently on PoF, never hit the flirt button before, thought it would give me a small window to confirm but still messaging him ha!

I personally hate gender roles and yet it is one social stigma I can't bring myself to work around unless I'm wasted and the last time I pulled wasted I was 21!

It's been so drilled into us from we are kids that the guy is the active one that even me, who often flouts social norms, and have arguments with my brothers and father when I buy partners a drink, I still can't get over that hump of approaching a guy first.

I am determined that the generation of kids around me have access to diverse situations and scenarios.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:41 am

SunXia wrote:It's been so drilled into us from we are kids that the guy is the active one that even me, who often flouts social norms, and have arguments with my brothers and father when I buy partners a drink, I still can't get over that hump of approaching a guy first.

It's interesting how that is a thing. I am very fortunate because both of my long-term relationships got started from the woman approaching me. I don't have any problems conversing with women but am terrible at "pulling", so it saved my butt.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:02 am

Zyzyfer wrote:
It's interesting how that is a thing. I am very fortunate because both of my long-term relationships got started from the woman approaching me. I don't have any problems conversing with women but am terrible at "pulling", so it saved my butt.

I am also lucky that my now wife asked me where we were going after we had been texting a few months otherwise we would probably still be texting... :lol:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:59 pm

My online dating experience is a bit of a mixed bag but one constant theme is that it always ended in failure. I have had some terrible times with people and some were just flat out crazy but 4 years ago i met one woman who was incredible. Unfortunately a past relationship left her with some personal issues, and we could never advance in our relationship, Good girl and i hope she is doing well now.

But other than that one example most dates got a little heated quickly, now I'm just like any other guy and i do like messing around, however not on the first date and especially not a first date with someone i met online, but a lot of my dates seemed like it was an attempt at a quick release while i was going to try and actually get to know someone.

I guess you can say i'm a little grateful for it though since now i know i'm ok with just being me until the girl of my dreams comes and completely catches me off guard.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:01 pm

Recently just started using Okcupid and honestly its been working pretty great for me! I recently moved to a new city (Vancouver) so its a pretty good way of meeting people, even if it doesn't work out imo
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to The Pub