Why do you come back?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Why do you come back?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:22 am

Many of us go on hiatus' from this board for many different reasons yet we all seem to come back, either for long periods of time or just to have a look around. I guess what this thread is asking is what is it about sausage that makes you think that you want to come back after a few months away?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Why do you come back?

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:09 am

Sun Fin wrote:Many of us go on hiatus' from this board for many different reasons yet we all seem to come back, either for long periods of time or just to have a look around. I guess what this thread is asking is what is it about sausage that makes you think that you want to come back after a few months away?

A plethora of complex reasonings, combined with variable and compelling 'real life' factors...

...in short, I have inactive periods when:

A. My life is in need of my completely undivided attention - one has the attention span of a 2-year old, you see.

B. The above, combined with indifference to 3K at the time, and lastly...

C. Both of the above, combined or singularly, when someone repays your toil and diligence with backstabbery and utter treachery, forum-wise. That puts a crimp on your zest for online communities.

At some point, we all return to SoSZ, briefly, to lurk or to inspire and thereby relive times of old here.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:30 am

I haven't really had a chance to depart from here. But some older forums I used to frequent, I do on occasion reappear and make a few posts before retreating into the shadows once more.

I mainly stopped posting at such boards because my interest in their subject matter waned enough that I no longer had anything to really contribute. But I pop in from time to time because the communities were generally very enjoyable and I like to see what the old gang is up to.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:04 am

Because I love you all! There I said it. :lol:

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 am

There are some great people here and I do come back for friends but it’s also the familiarity thing, quite simply this place feels like home.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:07 pm

I come back because I never get intelligent conversation in my everyday life!! Well other than when I hear technical stuff from the doctor but that's about it!!

Yes I'm not the smartest person in the world but seriously all day of

"Did you see what she wore??"

"You just need to find the right guy then you won't avoid dating!!"

"I saw someone steal a sandwich!!"

"Why am I being charged for connecting to a foreign network?? I only went to Paris!!"

"Isn't your hair a bit long??"

"Did you hear who Bob is dating??"

Those questions don't really make you think!!

And yes I have had hiatuses...might have been like a week or two because I was somewhere else in Europe but they count!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby AndrewJ 56 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Those questions do make you think... what is wrong with society!

| genuinely have no idea why I came back here. For the craic, I guess. Weird to see this place now, I remember this place 10 years ago.

I feel like an old man.
AndrewJ 56
Tyro

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:48 pm

SunXia wrote:Well other than when I hear technical stuff from the doctor but that's about it!!

Pfft, they spew that bookish jargon to look and appear superior, it'd result in far less frayed nerves if all resident SoSZ'ers visited 'Dr Mittens' Pharmaceutical Surgery', it's open most days if I'm not off chasing Daisy helplessly around the garden or thrashing the car Basil Fawlty-style with a large tree branch...
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:01 am

Me and my private doctor have had long talks and things and he really makes sense in regards to what my body goes through!! But some have spoken silly words to me "Go home and get married" being the worst of them!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:53 am

SunXia wrote:Me and my private doctor have had long talks and things and he really makes sense in regards to what my body goes through!! But some have spoken silly words to me "Go home and get married" being the worst of them!!

That's just it, isn't it, there are so few doctors nowadays who have the inter-personal manner to make their patients at ease/understand, as well as a solid level of medical competency! This doctor of yours sounds quite rare, cling onto him for dear life! :lol:

Also, with regards to SoSZ and reasons for never straying greatly, it has an enduring foundation of quality - a Hallmark of Forum Excellence, of sorts.

Some forums, which shall remain nameless lol, will have descended into mindlessly random posts in a 'spam thread' without any other sub-forum being bothered with, then some just aren't the same without key members or competent staff.

SoSZ has retained it's 'Hallmark' where others have fallen foul of terrible decision-making.
Mitsunari

Next

Return to The Pub