Why do you come back?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Why do you come back?

Unread postby Starscream » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:28 pm

No particular reason whatsoever. SoSZ is like a place frozen in time. Visiting it just to randomly leave some comments and that's it?

I mean seriously, no reason at all. :shock:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:35 am

Sun Fin wrote:Many of us go on hiatus' from this board for many different reasons yet we all seem to come back, either for long periods of time or just to have a look around. I guess what this thread is asking is what is it about sausage that makes you think that you want to come back after a few months away?

If I go on a hiatus, it's usually because I'm obssessing most of my time over something, be it math, or a book, or a girl.

I'm always pulled back when my time frees up once again. I do feel personal connections with various other SoSZ members, particularly on the carefree threads that I like to frequent (NBA discussion and Fitness thread in particular).
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:34 am

epaminondas146871 wrote:I do feel personal connections with various other SoSZ members, particularly on the carefree threads that I like to frequent (NBA discussion and Fitness thread in particular).

I believe you hit the nail on the head with this comment.

Even though I don't know anyone here personally, there is some form of enjoyment I get from conversing with the members here that some of the people on this end can't live up to. I think it's in part because of my career field. I don't know anyone who is interested in the 3K era, or any other historical era other than ancient middle eastern ones.

I did get to talk a lot about fitness at my previous employer but don't get much in the way that where I'm at now. A lot of lazy people who admit they don't exercise, and apparently aren't even close to having the same enjoyment I have when it comes to sports.

I mean really, why not come here when all people want to talk about at work is Bad Girls Club and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo :lol:

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhai Rong » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:09 pm

I've never really been active here, even though I've had an account since the very beginning. Still, I get a strange urge to come back every so often, even if just to lurk. Part of it is that the discussion here is civil and intelligent, traits that I rarely find in tandem elsewhere. I'm also rather attached to the past and SoSZ to me is the last vestige of the once great RTK forums.
Zhai Rong
Master

Unread postby Striga » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Well, this has been my third return now, and the first time, it was because I felt a longing to return to the forum.
The second and third times were actually just to read (and continue editting) MhiHayoli's work. I may disappear again for a while once I'm done that.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mistelten » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 pm

It's a good place to discuss a fascinating period of history. Also it's very accessible to the outsider.
Mistelten
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:12 am

Well...as Sun Fin has mentioned it does feel like home.
I tend to return with every new DW game being pumped out by KOEI :lol: A thought or two to share...then it's time to go...only to return in half year for another brief stay.
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kong Wen » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:04 pm

I have no choice. I'm actually a bit of SoSZ code that has become a sentient AI, so I'm just here all the time... watching...
"If I had to do my life over, I would change every single thing I have done."
— Raymond Douglas Davies, 1967
Kong Wen
Golden God
Golden God

Unread postby Human5 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:32 am

Why do you come back?

I honestly ask myself the same question. There's nothing interesting going on in this forum anymore I wonder why I keep checking back. Maybe I'm going to take a long break.
Last edited by Human5 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jake » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:44 pm

Sun Fin wrote:There are some great people here and I do come back for friends but it’s also the familiarity thing, quite simply this place feels like home.

This.

I don't really know how to say it otherwise. I've been using a lot of discussion boards and been a part of their community but they always miss something that this site can offer... I don't know what that is but even after years I still drift back here.
Puhkon silmäni, että näkisin
En tahdo nähdä, mutta näen sen väkisin
Runtelen korvani, jotta kuulisin
En ymmärrä, mutta kuulen sen väkisin
Jake
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub