Why do you come back?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Why do you come back?

Unread postby Jebusrocks » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:23 am

Its 2am, I'm bored but can't go to sleep, and sometimes I just remember this place! I have some nostalgic feelings about this forum for some reason!
It is curious that the Americans, who calculate so carefully on the possibilities of military victory, do not realize that in the process they are incurring deep psychological and political defeat.
Jebusrocks
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Iain » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:28 am

Because its the first forum I ever attended online, I had such a love for Dynasty Warriors 2 that I desired to learn more about the storys behind the characters I saw in the games, its funny that despite all my wanderings over the years I still come back to this place and still learn something new looking around. ^^
Iain
Lord of Nanchang

Unread postby waywardauthor » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:22 am

Because when I'm not buried in University books, I still carry a dream about this place.
Alone I lean under the wispy shade of an aged tree,
Scornfully I raise to parted lips a cup of warm wine,
Longingly I cast an empty vessel aside those exposed roots,
And leave behind forgotten memories and forsaken dreams.
waywardauthor
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:36 pm

I think my passion for the 3K was a formative part of who I am today and SoSZ was part of that so this place is part of who I am and I don't think I'll ever truly be able to wander away from it (nor can I ever imagine wanting to!).
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Wu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:10 pm

I came back to admire Taishi Ci 2.0's excellent translation from the ZZTJ on the 16 Kingdoms period.

16 Kingdoms--Now with 433% more blood, gore, and kingdoms than the Three Kingdoms!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby lorindir » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:58 pm

I came back because of Archlich.
Ok your majesty, now, back to your room!
lorindir
Initiate

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:00 am

Sausage taught me a lot over the years!! It taught me to listen to variety of arguments that I would never have otherwise!! To be confident online and embrace other like minded individuals!! It also taught me to be very careful online and in real life about people as sometimes you try your best to be the nicest person and it will backfire and your safety can be compromised as a result and so its ok to be honest even if feelings are hurt!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Tonto_Simfish » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:49 pm

I always come back to old forums I've been a part of - it's so interesting to watch how people evolve over time. I also have heavy nostalgic tendencies.
Tonto_Simfish
Assistant

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:04 pm

I came back because I was pleasantly surprised that some of my old friends are still active in this forum after more than a decade, and I thought it would be great if we can reconnect. I'd probably take a much more relax stance towards RTK history and intellectual discussions compared to the days when I was locked up in my lab doing my research work. :lol:
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:41 am

Because everything for me always circles back to the Three Kingdoms and thus SoSZ every five or so years, it's kind of like a measure of how I've matured as a human being intellectually and otherwise, and I learn more every time, and also everyone is so friendly and intelligent

I've been a member for a little over half my life so how could I not?
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub