Your Height

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Your Height

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:10 am

Mitsunari wrote:Like you, I just have a naturally higher body mass than the clinical curve swears by. In this country anyway.

I am assuming you are in the UK. Try having such a body shape in Asia, I am obese here! :lol:
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:28 am

Zyzyfer wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:Like you, I just have a naturally higher body mass than the clinical curve swears by. In this country anyway.

I am assuming you are in the UK. Try having such a body shape in Asia, I am obese here! :lol:

Ah I know, mate, it's ridiculous. Clinically, I'm 'obese', to look at me, I'm broad shouldered but fairly lean...does not compute, like what you say about your own categorization by Asian social/clinical standards. It makes you wonder if we, as a species, will ever find it in ourselves to NOT be consumed by petty differences and be adversely tilted by bureaucratic/popular culture influences.

Well, what d'ya know, I'm an Optimistic Cynic, haha.

Speaking of height though, holy pavlova, I saw a Pakistani chap today who was at least 6 feet 10inches (just over 202cm or thereabouts - he's the new owner of the Premier convenience store near my house, first time I noticed him was today when his shadow eclipsed every beam of light in my vicinity. :lol: Nice guy though, hands like shovels.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:20 pm

175cm...nothing special :(
Retired...
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Thu May 07, 2015 5:46 am

Zhuanyong wrote:Given your age, you have a quite a few years to grow my friend. You may just top out at about 5'11 or 6'0. When I was 15, I was about 5'8-5'9 and then only grew 2 inches through the end of my senior year. I was perfectly fine being 5'11 at 17 and then ended up being gifted an additional 2 inches. 5'11 isn't bad, nor is 5'10.

I never grew a damn inch in the four years since this. Hahahah. Maybe one? Ugh. What happened to my genes.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rsetiawan » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:14 am

184cm :mrgreen:
rsetiawan
Initiate

Unread postby KittyCathy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:57 pm

189 and... I'm a woman so...
KittyCathy
Tyro

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:50 am

I'm 5'10", which for non-Americans, converts to 177.8 centimeters.

189 cm is very tall for a woman, KittyCathy! 6'2" ladies aren't too common around here. At least you can reach tall things easily. My fiancee always makes me come reach for tall stuff.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage

Unread postby rsetiawan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:30 am

KittyCathy wrote:189 and... I'm a woman so...

so you have trouble buying dress and esp. shoes, at least that is what happened to me :lol:
im 'only' 184cm man but such height is exraordinarily tall here in java :mrgreen:
rsetiawan
Initiate

Unread postby greencactaur » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm a male who stands at 5 3 :( I won't grow anymore either, but that's okay cause my mom tells me I'm handskme
greencactaur
Academic

Unread postby CaTigeReptile » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:09 am

greencactaur wrote:I'm a male who stands at 5 3 :( I won't grow anymore either, but that's okay cause my mom tells me I'm handskme

When I was a child, I wanted to be 5'11. Like, if you ask children what they want to be when they grow up, they answer things like president, astronaut, etc., my answer was "5'11."

I'm 5'5, but my hands and feet are the size of a woman who is 5'11.

Oh well.
CaTigeReptile
Langzhong

Previous

Return to The Pub