The Fitness thread

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:28 pm

I feel very accomplished today! If I were in the army, I could officially drop and give them 50. :lol:

It took me three months, but I can now do sets of 50 pushups. This is something that eluded me even in my teen years with bodybuilding gym. I was much stronger below-waist back in those days. :lol: Now I have accomplished pretty much most of my current fitness goals.
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby Hyper90 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:49 pm

how do i reduce belly fat in less than 3 weeks ? :?

im not that "fat" as you think :x
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
User avatar
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1577
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Hyper90 wrote:how do i reduce belly fat in less than 3 weeks ? :?

im not that "fat" as you think :x


Eating habit switch to high fiber and protein worked for me. I cut down on my fat calorie intake as well. I stressed portion control if and when necessary. Along with that, stomach exercises such as crunches and sit-ups. Jogging did contribute to some weight loss but mostly lower body in my case.
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:
Hyper90 wrote:how do i reduce belly fat in less than 3 weeks ? :?

im not that "fat" as you think :x


Eating habit switch to high fiber and protein worked for me. I cut down on my fat calorie intake as well. I stressed portion control if and when necessary. Along with that, stomach exercises such as crunches and sit-ups. Jogging did contribute to some weight loss but mostly lower body in my case.


Stomach exercises won't help, there's no such thing as spot fat removal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95xRTID478I

Dietary fiber and protein help to build muscle as well, distribute your calories through more meals, and that is the best advice for eating. Do lots of cardio, preferably at high intensities for at least an hour, and do lots of compound exercises, Deadlifts, Squats, Bench Press, and Rows are some good examples.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
User avatar
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 pm

epaminondas146871 wrote:Stomach exercises won't help, there's no such thing as spot fat removal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95xRTID478I


I never stated that he could remove fat by using stomach exercises. I was giving my general regimen, which includes stomach exercise.

Dietary fiber and protein help to build muscle as well, distribute your calories through more meals, and that is the best advice for eating. Do lots of cardio, preferably at high intensities for at least an hour, and do lots of compound exercises, Deadlifts, Squats, Bench Press, and Rows are some good examples.


I love my dietary fiber too! :lol: I usually get mines through Raisin Bran for breakfast and then dry beans i.e. split peas, lentils, etc. Whole grain bagels provide a decent amount of dietary fiber and whole grain (not whole wheat) bread is fairly decent as well. I would say avoid breads that contain a lot of sugar, which some tend to have. In most cases, you can get half or slightly more than half of your dietary fiber by eating those beans.

I've recently noticed that greek yogurt are good for protein and don't have the fat calorie content of regular yogurt. And less sugar. I try to get in chicken breast and eggs as well for protein.
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:I love my dietary fiber too! :lol: I usually get mines through Raisin Bran for breakfast and then dry beans i.e. split peas, lentils, etc. Whole grain bagels provide a decent amount of dietary fiber and whole grain (not whole wheat) bread is fairly decent as well. I would say avoid breads that contain a lot of sugar, which some tend to have. In most cases, you can get half or slightly more than half of your dietary fiber by eating those beans.

I've recently noticed that greek yogurt are good for protein and don't have the fat calorie content of regular yogurt. And less sugar. I try to get in chicken breast and eggs as well for protein.


I eat lots of Greek Yogurt! It's my favorite thing in the world... I eat at least two servings a day.

My breakfast always includes two boiled eggs, yolks removed, with soy sauce. I love eggs, and they have high protein and no fat. I also eat a lot of Chicken Breast String Bean noodles.

For my fiber, I eat those high fiber cereals as well. The fiber one bars are a fairly healthy snack while at school, too. Apples are my favorite, they are another source of my fiber.

I forgot berries! Half a cup is as good as an apple.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
User avatar
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:20 pm

epaminondas146871 wrote:I eat lots of Greek Yogurt! It's my favorite thing in the world... I eat at least two servings a day.


I probably could use that kind of serving intake, in regards to Greek yogurt. I've noticed that it has a very good protein value. I wish I knew about it years ago...

Apples are my favorite, they are another source of my fiber.

I forgot berries! Half a cup is as good as an apple.


Just ate one of those about a half an hour ago. :lol: I tend to eat an apple almost every day. As for fruit, I tend to be an orange and grapefruit bandit. :mrgreen:

Side note, one could definitely appreciate looking at the nutritional value list on food items. I know I certainly have these past 3 months.
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby GuoBia » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:04 am

Eat a handful of fresh leafy vegetables just plain before a meal?

omg, the Greek yogurt at the cafeteria is so good. I've been trying to make my friend, who's trying to lose weight, get into it.
Guo run! Guo run!!!!
User avatar
GuoBia
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:11 am
Location: For the Southlands!

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:23 am

GuoBia wrote:Eat a handful of fresh leafy vegetables just plain before a meal?

omg, the Greek yogurt at the cafeteria is so good. I've been trying to make my friend, who's trying to lose weight, get into it.


I'm not much of a veggies person, but I do like onions and carrots a lot. Spinach soup is great as well; broccoli is okay.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
User avatar
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Re: The Fitness thread

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:27 pm

I successfully bumped up my pushup max today to 57.

I also weighed myself this morning and can say that since I started exercising and working out after a 5 year hiatus, I've lost a total of 39 lbs. I'm not sure I like being this small again, but the muscle mass is likeable since I haven't looked this nice since H.S. Even when I played semi-pro, I wasn't this strong...
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved