Scars, anyone?

The place to hang out with your fellow scholars, have a drink, share a laugh and enjoy each other's company.

Re: Scars, anyone?

Unread postby Boydie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:50 pm

Two. One on my knee when I fell onto broken glass when I was young, you should of seen the amount blood! The other is behind my right ear when I got bottled across the back of my head, you should of seen the sheer amount of blood from that too. :lol: Luckily you can't see that scar because its behind my hair, but it did ruin a perfectly good shirt. I usually don't get injures, I'm very lucky, I've played rugby through my childhood and teenage years and been in a fair few fights on (and off) the pitch and never broken a bone or been scarred. But Glass to me is like Kryptonite to Superman!
Boydie
Academic

Unread postby Kong Wen » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:49 pm

I just acquired a new scar last month!

Mrs. Kong, Berlin, and I were getting ready to head home for a week of vacation for Canada Day. I was carrying a ceramic (French onion soup) bowl full of M&Ms around with me so I could snack while preparing. We were all packed up and ready to go, and I thought I'd head upstairs to double-check the oven, windows, etc.

So I was running/leaping up the stairs, tripped on the top step, dropped the ceramic bowl (which shattered on the tile floor), and then landed knee-first on one of the huge dagger-shards. It cut me through my pants, so I didn't know how bad it was, I just knew it broke the skin, so I called to Mrs. Kong, "band-aid!" While she was fetching one, I rolled up my pant leg and changed my mind, calling out, "nope, towel & hospital!"

It delayed our trip by a few hours, but I was able to get stitches and warned not to swim all week (the hottest, most beautiful week of vacation beside the pool...).

Now I have a nice big red knee-scar as a memento of this M&M injury.
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Project Oni » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:53 am

Small cut above my left eye that actually gets re-opened once in a while in sparring. Lots of scar tissue there.

And a deep gash on my forehead thanks to someone busting out brass knuckles in the middle of a brawl when I was a thick-headed teenager.
Project Oni
Initiate

Unread postby Alicanto » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:05 am

Some days ago I cut three different fingers on my left hand in three days time. Each finger on a different day. I also happen to have various scars on the left half of my body while there's no visible scars at all on the right half of it.
Alicanto
Initiate

Previous

Return to The Pub